Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,482 members, 7,819,757 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:27 PM

Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! (1998 Views)

Help! Honda Eod Not Revving Above 3rpm And Jerks Before Changing Gears! / New Arrival Of Honda Odyssey 2003 Model ( Pix Attached ) 1.7m / Need Help! Honda Accord 2003 Atf Change, Where Can I Get Honda Atf-z1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by miccodb(m): 4:29pm On Jan 05, 2012
pls im tryna help a colleague solve transmission issues. he drove his odyssey(03) from festac to ajah and along the way his D light started flashing but without deterioration of performance. on getting to destination the blinking stopped. he parked and went in only to return 2hrs later and transmission failure. the transmission(torque converter) wouldnt engage on P, D or R. the car woud jus rev with no engagement from tranny. he called me to inspect n i found out dat his dip stick popped out most likely wen it was flashing D most likely cos ATF was boiling and pressure was high and i could see some oil splash around engine body but the tranny still had enough oil in it. only little spilled out. i got the car scanned and got codes P0141 and P0135 which were pointing to oxygen sensor. i have not made any change on dis vehicle here but i decided to come here for some help first beause i believe dis is a sensor issue cos a mechanical device doesnt just pack up without showing degradation of performance as symptoms only electronic devices like sensors i believe can fail like dis without notice.
pls i need expert comments and ideas.
thanks all
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by Jarnik: 9:45pm On Jan 05, 2012
Sorry, but I just want to ask for your expert opinion as well. I drive a 1999 Mazda 626 sedan(automatic) but I noticed recently dat whenever am on a long distance driving, it starts jerking on high speed. Called my mechanic's attention to this issue but he said d engine mountain had to b changed coz they were old. We did dat and I was travelling with my car to ogun state, I was close to Abeokuta, then it started jerking again, this time it was more serious compared to d earlier occurence. It wasn't changing from gear 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 without d engine overworkin on a particular gear level first. Thought it was d transmission fluid, but it still behaved d same way after changing d fluid. But if I park and allow it to cool, then it works well until I get to highway again on high speed. Pls what do u think I shld do, thanks
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by blank(f): 9:25am On Jan 06, 2012
No responses? Guys, help out.
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by miccodb(m): 12:54pm On Jan 06, 2012
Jarnik:

Sorry, but I just want to ask for your expert opinion as well. I drive a 1999 Mazda 626 sedan(automatic) but I noticed recently dat whenever am on a long distance driving, it starts jerking on high speed. Called my mechanic's attention to this issue but he said d engine mountain had to b changed coz they were old. We did dat and I was travelling with my car to ogun state, I was close to Abeokuta, then it started jerking again, this time it was more serious compared to d earlier occurence. It wasn't changing from gear 1 to 2 or 2 to 3 without d engine overworkin on a particular gear level first. Thought it was d transmission fluid, but it still behaved d same way after changing d fluid. But if I park and allow it to cool, then it works well until I get to highway again on high speed. Pls what do u think I shld do, thanks
sad sad very familiar and seems common with mazda but i have to follow procedures here. is the MIL on? if yes then lets get the car car scanned first to pull out codes. but 1 thing u failed to mention is if it finally goes off wen it starts jerking or continues jerking all d way. ive used this mazda 626 for abt 2yrs now and know almost anything and everything abt dis car. i'll be glad to help. i love mazdas too
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by Jarnik: 7:53am On Jan 07, 2012
miccodb:

sad sad very familiar and seems common with mazda but i have to follow procedures here. is the MIL on? if yes then lets get the car car scanned first to pull out codes. but 1 thing u failed to mention is if it finally goes off wen it starts jerking or continues jerking all d way. ive used this mazda 626 for abt 2yrs now and know almost anything and everything abt dis car. i'll be glad to help. i love mazdas too
it continues to jerk if i still try to accelerate until i leave it to return to like gear 1 and then start accelerating again until it gets to a point when it jerks again.
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by miccodb(m): 7:44am On Jan 14, 2012
what is temperature like wen it stalls?
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by cretin: 8:08am On Jan 14, 2012
miccodb:

pls im tryna help a colleague solve transmission issues. he drove his odyssey(03) from festac to ajah and along the way his D light started flashing but without deterioration of performance. on getting to destination the blinking stopped. he parked and went in only to return 2hrs later and transmission failure. the transmission(torque converter) wouldnt engage on P, D or R. the car woud jus rev with no engagement from tranny. he called me to inspect n i found out dat his dip stick popped out most likely wen it was flashing D most likely cos ATF was boiling and pressure was high and i could see some oil splash around engine body but the tranny still had enough oil in it. only little spilled out. i got the car scanned and got codes P0141 and P0135 which were pointing to oxygen sensor. i have not made any change on dis vehicle here but i decided to come here for some help first beause i believe dis is a sensor issue cos a mechanical device doesnt just pack up without showing degradation of performance as symptoms only electronic devices like sensors i believe can fail like dis without notice.
pls i need expert comments and ideas.
thanks all

the odyssey is notorious for hv leaking tranny seals, the codes u pulled are oxygen sensors codes, n are not related to the tranny.those codes hv been on the car since, what i think is the tranny fluid level was low cos of leakage or something, that then made it overheat, ur first course of action is to change out n refill the transmission.take care to use the honda approved transmission fluid and the correct vol. if after that the car doesnt still engage.then ur tranny is probablly damaged, give us feed back, on how it goes
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by miccodb(m): 8:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
thanks cretin. nice 1. regards.
Re: Pls Help Honda Odyssey Transmission Issue! by sultaan(m): 1:55am On Jan 15, 2012
Do a trans service as suggested using right fluid

Jarnik:

Probably misfire, get scan, will tell you exactly why you have check engine light on.(might need tune up)

Never let a mech work on your car without a scan first.

(1) (Reply)

Registered Mitsubishi Space Wagon 2001 @ N850,000.00 Call 08023416552 / 2012 Brand New Atego M/benz 1517 Long Chasis Truck 4sale Pics / The Truth About Boko Haram

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.