Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:26 AM

Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers (3353 Views)

Own A Wordpress Web Site At A Cheaper And Affordable Rate One Click Ahead. / GENESIS FRAMEWORK+THEMES, WORDPRESS/WEB DEVELOPMENT VIDEO TRAINING & SOFTWARES / Web Developer Needed At Ease Web Solutions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by widesmile(f): 11:42am On Jan 11, 2012
I use DW for all my php coding, it is not as if it generates codes for u when using php it only makes ur coding easier by highlighting some line dt have errors and helps u with your tags like ensuring dt  every openin tag has a corresponding closing tag, also for curly brackets {, quotation marks " e.t.c
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by widesmile(f): 11:45am On Jan 11, 2012
I use DW for all my php coding, it is not as if it generates codes for u when using php it only makes ur coding easier by highlighting some lines dt have errors and helps u with ur tags like ensuring dt every openin tag has a corresponding closing tag, also for curly brackets {, quotation marks " e.t.c
It also supports CSS and it has some CSS templates dt come wit it.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 1:37pm On Jan 11, 2012
Widesmile thank you.but does DW contain any pre-written php code?maybe like a code for accessing a db.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by yawatide(f): 1:43pm On Jan 11, 2012
otentic:
Take it from me, a certified lazy coder - you are better off, learning this stuff yourself. The good things about this approach are that:
1) You get to learn what you are doing and actually know it
2) Over time, if you are doing the same thing, you will have a template from which to copy and paste for future projects.

It seems the time you have spent asking this particular question about DW and PHP and the time you have spent telling people that they haven't exactly answered your question would have been time well spent in actually learning the stuff (tutorials abound online).

Think about this for a sec, and then come back here and thank me later (others have) cool
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 1:44pm On Jan 11, 2012
But DW shld be able to write javascript without stress
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by widesmile(f): 2:05pm On Jan 11, 2012
No it does not have any pre-written code for php, but It does have for CSS in which you have css templates dt u can easily modify, as far as php is concerned DW is used jst d way we have notepad for coding html, php and only makes ur work neater and easier to read ur codes, u need to get a very good book on php and if  possible some one to tutor u if u dnt like reading txt books on ur own
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by kelechiodo(m): 2:36am On Jan 12, 2012
No widesmile, DW generates PHP codes. all you need to do is install xamps or wamp to your c:/ drive. Open your dreamweaver and connect to mysql which also comes with Xamps. Open a page in DW as PHP page and start designing from the design view. When you click on the record set button, connection button, login button etc, the PHP codes will be generated for you. you dont need to code. I have used this method to build so many sites such as newspaper sites etc.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by kelechiodo(m): 2:45am On Jan 12, 2012
Bros 12345, thanks for your interest in WP. I have not used it before, i tried using joomla once but dislaiked it immediately. But Bros, can WP be used to develop school portal where students can easily login to access their profile or register courses. thanks

Otentic: Dreamweaver software is so cheap in Nigeria with her lack of respect for copyright. Just go to any software selling shops and ask for DW. it should be around 80 - 150 naira. It comes with the serial no. But if the serial no is not with the plate. Just google the serial number depending on the version you bought or let me know. Enjoy DW, it is cool
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 9:18am On Jan 12, 2012
Thanks kelechi.i will try it.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 12, 2012
still need to have knowledge of the code u're building, or maybe ave spent too much time on Eclipse where everything is about hand written code and unit testing.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by widesmile(f): 11:22am On Jan 12, 2012
@kelechiodo tanx I really didnt kno abt dt maybe its because I hardly use d design view i mostly use d code side for my wrk
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 5:57pm On Jan 12, 2012
DW cannot write php code in a logical order as it does write html, but it only helps in insersting some php object like <?php  ?> ,$_POST .it is you dat will actually type the code within the php tags
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 6:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
DW cannot write php code in a logical order as it does write html, but it only helps in insersting some php object like <?php ?> ,$_POST .it is you dat will actually type the code dat will be within the php tags
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by Ekiti1: 12:51am On Jan 19, 2012
otentic19:

DW cannot write php code in a logical order as it does write html, but it only helps in insersting some php object like <?php ?> ,$_POST .it is you dat will actually type the code dat will be within the php tags
Is this not the same guy/girl asking how DW works?
You seem to know more abt it all of a sudden
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by otentic19: 7:58am On Jan 19, 2012
Using recordset in DW, DW can write simple sql queries.i just discovered.
Re: Wordpress Web Solutions: Questions And Answers by estheI(f): 3:03am On Jul 10, 2021
databoy247:
wordpress is simply phenomenal. It has hundreds of documentation, and customization is easy especially editing the php codes of the theme you are using, making your site unique. I'll recommend to any web designer who isnt into coding like me.
you mean word press and web designing like this doesn't need the basic knowledge of coding?

(1) (2) (Reply)

List Of ALL Science And Technology Blogs In Nigeria / I Need Reliable Web Hosting That Can Provides 5gb Of Web Space / Personal Domain Names and Websites

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.