Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,055 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:27 AM

Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census (1504 Views)

Poll: What is your ethnicity?

Ijaw: 0% (0 votes)
Hausa: 0% (0 votes)
Ogoni: 0% (0 votes)
Itsekiri: 0% (0 votes)
Edo: 3% (1 vote)
Esan: 3% (1 vote)
Yoruba: 22% (6 votes)
Kanuri: 0% (0 votes)
Urhobo: 7% (2 votes)
Isoko: 0% (0 votes)
Igbo: 51% (14 votes)
Berom: 0% (0 votes)
Nupe: 3% (1 vote)
Fulani: 0% (0 votes)
Idoma: 0% (0 votes)
Igala: 3% (1 vote)
Ibibio/Eket/Oron: 0% (0 votes)
Efik: 0% (0 votes)
Annang: 0% (0 votes)
Etsako: 0% (0 votes)
Ejagham: 0% (0 votes)
Other: 3% (1 vote)
This poll has ended

Nairaland Month Of Birth (mob) census. Come And Rep Ur Month. / Nairaland 2011 Ethnic Census. / Nairaland Census: Your State (2) (3) (4)

Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 12:38am On Jan 08, 2012
This is a simple attempt to represent all the ethnicities present on Nairaland. If you guys remember, last year's ethnic census was a success. Over 400 people voted and many ethnicities were represented. In this year's census, I've tried my best to include as many ethnicities as possible.

To vote, please click on your ethnicity. Again, I apologize if your ethnicity isn't represented. cool cool

Below is a summary of last year's census.

Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 8:14pm On Jan 08, 2012
More votes people!
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by mcnepow(m): 8:16pm On Jan 08, 2012
I just voted.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by KnowAll(m): 8:28pm On Jan 08, 2012
looks like no tiv this year abi u miss am. undecided
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Nobody: 8:29pm On Jan 08, 2012
Igbo winning so far !

Don't tell me we have more access to the Internet that our other folks   grin

But what happened to my Hausa brothers. undecided

Guys stop chasing them away please with you bigoted articles cheesy
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 8:39pm On Jan 08, 2012
KnowAll:

looks like no tiv this year abi u miss am. undecided

Yeah, I forgot to include them. I'll get that fixed.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by sbeezy8: 8:47pm On Jan 08, 2012
frosbel:

Igbo winning so far !

Don't tell me we have more access to the Internet that our other folks   grin

But what happened to my Hausa brothers. undecided

Guys stop chasing them away please with you bigoted articles cheesy

winning what? The number of igbo anti -islam or anti hausa or anti yoruba and even some anti-deltan 1960 aswell as Anti Awolowo are too much,

im not surprised out of all the tribes in nigeria, igbo actually are on the internet the most talking ethnic or religious jargons EVERDAY. even on other websites.

its sickening.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by BlackPikiN(m): 8:55pm On Jan 08, 2012
sbeezy8:

winning what? The number of igbo anti -islam or anti hausa or anti yoruba and even some anti-deltan 1960 aswell as Anti Awolowo are too much,

im not surprised out of all the tribes in nigeria, igbo actually are on the internet the most talking ethnic or religious jargons EVERDAY. even on other websites.

its sickening.

You are sick!
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Jarus(m): 9:48pm On Jan 08, 2012
Ethnicity or at best Nairaland section, not Politics.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 1:04am On Jan 09, 2012
Oh ok.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by InkedNerd(f): 2:03am On Jan 09, 2012
Ummm, I guess I'd fall under 'other' undecided
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 2:18am On Jan 09, 2012
Inked_Nerd:

Ummm, I guess I'd fall under 'other' undecided

What are you? undecided
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by InkedNerd(f): 6:32am On Jan 09, 2012
odumchi:

What are you? undecided

I'm a mixture of Ibo and Calabar. Mostly Ibo though.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by Jarus(m): 12:47pm On Jan 09, 2012
Yooba
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 1:33pm On Jan 09, 2012
@Inked_Nerd
You can Pick one of the two that you're most comfortable with.

@Jarus
Is that an ethnicity or did you mean Yoruba? grin
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:15pm On Jan 09, 2012
Maguzawa Hausa cool
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by InkedNerd(f): 8:28pm On Jan 09, 2012
odumchi:

@Inked_Nerd
You can Pick one of the two that you're most comfortable with.

@Jarus
Is that an ethnicity or did you mean Yoruba? grin

I think I'll just stick to the 'other' category. I can't pick one over the other when both are a part of my existence.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 9:08pm On Jan 09, 2012
@ Inked nerd

Ok, whatever fits you.

@Pagan

Have you voted?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by PAGAN9JA(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2012
no. we are not include in the list. i would have voted as Hausa but these days, Hausa = muslim, so i no vote.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by odumchi: 10:18pm On Jan 09, 2012
Maguwazawa is an Hausa clan so why not vote? Besides not all Hausas are Muslim. There are Christian Hausas and animist Hausas like you.

The point of this poll is to try to determine an accurate record of which populations are present on Nairaland. You not voting isn't going to help. Besides this is an ethnic poll not a religious one.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by InkedNerd(f): 2:18am On Jan 10, 2012
odumchi:

Maguwazawa is an Hausa clan so why not vote? Besides not all Hausas are Muslim. There are Christian Hausas and animist Hausas like you.

The point of this poll is to try to determine an accurate record of which populations are present on Nairaland. You not voting isn't going to help. Besides this is an ethnic poll not a religious one.

PAGAN 9JA is an animist? Interesting!

PAGAN 9JA:

no. we are not include in the list. i would have voted as Hausa but these days, Hausa = muslim, so i no vote.

Would you care to tell me a bit about you religious beliefs [if you don' mind]?
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by PAGAN9JA(m): 8:48pm On Jan 10, 2012
odumchi:

Sir Odumchi, you have got a point. but i am also[b] not able to vote[/b], i swear by Gods. i think voting is closed because there is just no option to vote! it only is giving results.

either that or there some error. sad

Inked_Nerd:

PAGAN 9JA is an animist? Interesting!

Would you care to tell me a bit about you religious beliefs [if you don' mind]?

yes sure. we are a Pagan religion and follow Maguzaanchi. We have many Gods like Bagiro, Wazri, Saarkin Anwa, AIlo, Baba Mazay, Ubangeji, etc which represent different forces of nature, in spiritual realm which is reflection of material realm. this force are govern by Chief force/ God, Saarkin Aljiin. the one God cannot exist without the many and many cant exist without one. This is like Chinese Ying Yang. The forces must be balanced.

we do not believe in good or bad. we only believe right or[b] wrong[/b]. we believe all creatures, humans, animals are equal. we do NOT accept converts unless you are from Haussa tribe. we offer simple sacrifices to abstain from excessive greed and fulfll needs. we read the stars and movements. we have some festival and initiation. we rever the materialistic nature and through it, see and rever immaterialistic spiritual force.

There is also Bori which is some of our spiritual practices done by some muslim Hausa for complete religious satisfaction. but this aspect usually don include the Gods.
Re: Nairaland 2012 Ethnic Census by igboboy1(m): 2:30am On Jan 14, 2012
sbeezy8:

winning what? The number of igbo anti -islam or anti hausa  or anti yoruba and even some anti-deltan 1960 aswell as Anti Awolowo are too much,

its sickening.

see this slave descendant who doesnt even have a nigerian name talking gibberish, boi we kidnapped your ancestors and took them to the slave ship, this time we will kidnap you and take you to the creeks (fake Yoruba wannabe), anuofia

Futasu Election Results / Taraba Gov Dies In Plane Crash / Man Sues Wife For Bearing Ugly Child In China