Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:33 PM

Can Religion Be Separated From Culture? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Religion Be Separated From Culture? (738 Views)

Why The Old Testament Cannot Be Separated From The New Testament? / Can Religion Be Logical? / Can Religion Tell Us More Than Science? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Religion Be Separated From Culture? by emofine2(f): 1:31am On Jan 09, 2012
To be more specific, can the Abrahamic faiths be separated from their nationality?

The origin of these religions is said to be in the Middle East (correct me if I'm wrong) . I thus wonder if the package of Islam or Christianity can ever be independent of these certain cultures that gave birth to them. Is not the heritage of the Quaran and the Bible, Middle Eastern?
For example, if a newly convert assumes Islam do they also simultaneously adopt facets of Arabic culture?
. . .Muslims carry Arabic names, Christians wear Hebrew names.

So when one adopts any of these religions does such a person also partly assume another culture?

And does that mean certain religions are biased to particular cultures i.e. does Islam favour and lean more to the Arabs? undecided

(1) (Reply)

From Where Does It Start From? / Why Do People Squeeze/fold Their Offerring In Church ? / Flee Se.xual Immorality

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.