Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,441 members, 7,846,812 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 01:15 AM

Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. (1355 Views)

Spice Up The Owambe With This(pics) / See What This Naija Babe Wore To A Party!!! / Karen Igho's Outfit At The “spice Haute Party” In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 5:34pm On Jan 11, 2012
is it me or is the fashion section of this forum becoming a little bit boring.

@ BABE!
i was going to say that ,may be you & your team can start some thing here to spice up this section.

for example;

1. A fashion Quiz.-
where you post a list of fashion related quiz everyday and at the end of each week ,the poster with the highest scores wins.

2. NL fashion show-
posters can post a picture per week which best describes the fashion theme for that week.
say "office" for instance or "cocktail" ,"soul train" etc.

there will be rules and guide lines but the best pic wins for that week.

so BABE! what do you think?
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by BABE3: 5:51pm On Jan 11, 2012

My team and I? Errr, I'm the only active moderator for this section. Presently, there's no team. I'm riding solo.

Fantastic ideas Miss!  cheesy Whenever you're ready to start executing, inform me. I'd be glad to work with you.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by WAVixen: 7:18pm On Jan 11, 2012
'is it me or is the fashion section of this forum becoming a little bit boring'.

@ BABE!

My sentiments exactly a few days ago. There is so much the MOD can do considering she is 'riding solo'.
I guess we should pull our weight, cos it surprises me that in the wide, wide World of fashion this section is lacking behind. Then again, there are some factors mitigating against it. i.e location of posters- Those living abroad and those living locally. Fashion is universal, but this should be taken into consideration as well.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 2:42pm On Jan 12, 2012
BABE!:

My team and I? Errr, I'm the only active moderator for this section. Presently, there's no team. I'm riding solo.

Fantastic ideas Miss!  cheesy Whenever you're ready to start executing, inform me. I'd be glad to work with you.

ok i think w can start a new thread/topic on the fashion quiz,
and another for the show .

but both will have rules,and i'm still thinking of the format for the show.any suggestions will be appreciated here.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by Mcleo007(m): 3:01pm On Jan 12, 2012
Op has a fair point there. We really need to spice this forum up.

Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 3:03pm On Jan 12, 2012
WAVixen:

'is it me or is the fashion section of this forum becoming a little bit boring'.

@ BABE!

My sentiments exactly a few days ago. There is so much the MOD can do considering she is 'riding solo'.
I guess we should pull our weight, cos it surprises me that in the wide, wide World of fashion this section is lacking behind. Then again, there are some factors mitigating against it. i.e location of posters- Those living abroa

you're definitely right about the location thing,but i think thats what fashion is all about-culture meets style.
so lets see what people have got to show.

Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 3:20pm On Jan 12, 2012
@WAVixen

why dont you handle the NL fashion show.

the format
you announce a creative fashion theme for the week and posters can post a picture that best describes the theme.
it will have to be one poster one picture, once a week.it could be a picture of what the poster is putting on or something worn by a model,celebrity etc anyone.

then after the pictures have come in we take another week or say three days for other posters to vote for the best picture on the thread.(this part i think is where BABE! comes in ,she is the moderator after all)then once the voting is over the winner/poster is announced & immediately the next theme for the fashion show is also announced.

@BABE! ,WAVixen
i need help for the criteria,rules and guidelines.ladies figure out something so this doesn't flop,and everyone is happy.(no cheating)
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jan 12, 2012
I agree.

i will start posting in this section more often.
nothing going on here except rokiatu's thread. and its just her and tima on there lols. grin
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by BABE3: 1:12am On Jan 13, 2012
uzoo:

ok i think w can start a new thread/topic on the fashion quiz,
and another for the show .

but both will have rules,and i'm still thinking of the format for the show.any suggestions will be appreciated here.

Uzoo, I really admire your enthusiasm. Nevertheless, a good number of Nigerians all over the world are not smiling at the moment. I love your ideas, but I don't think now is the best time to start a "fashion show". The thread wouldn't get as much traffic/contributions as we would love it to, and that's gonna defeat the purpose of the "show".

Hopefully, GEJ and NLC will come to an agreement very soon; then, we can start executing.

I hope you catch my drift.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by indeyes: 8:44am On Jan 13, 2012
I beg to chip in, I won't say I'm new here cos I read from here a lot just lurking around kinda
I have posted here a few times before now but lurk around reading a lot.
Despite the gloominess hanging over our heads as Nigerians with the present economic crisis as well as security issues, I doubt that it's a bad idea or bad timing to also do things to ease the stress off people. Gaming, Puzzles, Quizzes or whatever wouldn't take away the fact that the issue at stake still is there.
I have time on my hand and not allowed out at the moment due to security issues so if there is anyway I can while away my time outside watching and getting updated on the things happening outside via television and blogs I would be interested and I'm sure there are others in same boat as I am.
I too can come up with some fashion topics and ideas as well as  give away freebies to spice it up like maybe the winner gets a Victoria's secrets bra or panties or even a Ralph Lauren basic tee shirt or socks or anything else.
I am a fashion distributor/ expert so always have things in stock for sale and can do away with a few freebies to liven up the section. Feel free to pm me if you have suggestions!
I loveeee FASHION!!
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by Envyme12: 9:52am On Jan 13, 2012
How do I contribute when I get auto-banned and cant reach any of the moderators?
This turned out to be a freaking waste of time. I had to create another id to get here and try to reach the moderators of this blog/page.
I guess I'll be better off lurking around and reading with no contribution! Way to go guys!
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by BABE3: 4:32pm On Jan 13, 2012
Envyme12:

How do I contribute when I get auto-banned and cant reach any of the moderators?
This turned out to be a freaking waste of time. I had to create another id to get here and try to reach the moderators of this blog/page.
I guess I'll be better off lurking around and reading with no contribution! Way to go guys!

No vex m'aam/Sir. NL's Spambot is Useless. I'm hoping the "authorities" will realize this sooner than later. It doesn't do it's job. It goes around auto-banning random innocent people. I got banned by the silly thing a few months ago, for posting innocently on a thread.

Your first post will reappear on the page ASAP. I'm working on it.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 5:04pm On Jan 13, 2012
@BABE!
yea,it quite occurred to me earlierthat the NLC ,SUBSIDY strike could have been the reason for the lack of contribution or excitement.

no problems,the idea will be stalled for now.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by WAVixen: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2012
I agree with the MOD on the state of the nations affairs, but should it affect the fashion section in genera?l. undecided
@ UZOO, thanks for confering this postion upon my humble self. lol grin

Your ideas are brillant, but aside the fashion show I like the one of the fashion of the day thread. That looks interesting.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 3:44pm On Jan 14, 2012
@Indeyes

Wow,thanks for your contribution.i'm quite sure that those fashion freebies will be very much appreciated when we start off with
the quiz and fashion shows.
i was also bored during this subsidy protest period that i visited here every hour.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 3:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
@WAVixen
you're welcome,

@BABE!
i guess you see there's no harm in trying,we can get people to contribute more here even in the midst of all the unrest going on
around the country.

@indeyes,Mcleoo7,WAVixen
please keep the suggestions/contributions coming in , tomorrow we're starting off with the Fashion Quiz.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by quin9(f): 1:35am On Jan 15, 2012
@Indeyes nice one,am in same shoes,plz let's get started diz strike gets me bored stiff.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by WAVixen: 1:45am On Jan 15, 2012
Hi People,

This is kind of an off topic, but does any one remember those magazines our mums used to read in the salons and bought from the vendors back in the day. I'm talking of the late 70's early 80's of women in beautiful tye and die bou-bous and thread hair styles that could win any hair fashion show?

The models had lovely shapes and beautiful skin tones and hues, I'm talking of African models, these were local magazines.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by BABE3: 2:42pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^ I have no idea.

Strike is over. Let's get started people.

Brb.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 6:43pm On Jan 17, 2012
@WAVixen

i asked around,but no one seems to
know the names of those magazines.

Anyways ,i changed my mind on the date for the quiz.(still doing some research).i may start a new thread on it later tonight.
so watch out guys!
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by WAVixen: 10:23pm On Jan 17, 2012
Waiting, smiley
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 3:50pm On Jan 18, 2012
@BABE!,WAVixen,Indeyes, everyone else.

the Nairaland fashion Quiz has kicked off on this forum,but on a different topic on the fashion forum.

topic is 'Nairaland Fashion Quiz'

@WAVixen
when should we expect the fashion show/theme for the week to start?
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by WAVixen: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2012
uzoo:

@BABE!,WAVixen,Indeyes, everyone else.

the Nairaland fashion Quiz has kicked off on this forum,but on a different topic on the fashion forum.

topic is 'Nairaland Fashion Quiz'

@WAVixen
when should we expect the fashion show/theme for the week to start?

Can you explain to me Uzoo what this entails? I need some education/ enlightenment. Thanks.
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by uzoo: 8:17pm On Jan 19, 2012
@WAVixen

ok here's how i think it should go.

you describe a scene where posters are expected to post pictures of what best describes the out fit for the occassion.

you could find a title for the thread/topic eg ''Nairaland style fix"

then you describe the theme for the week as anything .
eg.

"killer style for an interview"
so you've got this hot interview coming up and you want to really dress to impress.
Post pictures you would wear for an interview.
then posters can post .pictures of outfits they have,and other posters can select the best picture.

then at the end of the week the highest selection is taken as the best.
and like i said ,one picture per poster,per theme(or until you post the next style )
Re: Babe! We Need To Spice Up Thi Section. by Mcleo007(m): 8:52pm On Jan 19, 2012
Hi all, check out my thread here; https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-850068.0.html its a bid to keep this section rolling.

(1) (Reply)

Lovely Bridesmaid Dresses, Which Is Suit For A Spring Wedding? / FREE Ankara Accessories Class / Ankara Inspired Style.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.