Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,986 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:50 PM

Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones (29351 Views)

Glo Bis Rocking It On Java Phones And Androids / Tethering From Android To Java Phones Via Bluetooth / Differences Between Gprs, Edge, 3g, Hsdpa, Hspa+ And 4g Lte (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by desertboom(m): 5:59pm On Oct 08, 2007
Hi people,
What's the big differences between symbia and java phones?

What's the merits and demerits?

How can i identify symbia from java phones?

How do they work?

Which one is more preferable to others?

So many questions yet no answer, Please nairalanders help me out , i'm dying to know more about it.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by topeteadr(m): 10:25pm On Oct 08, 2007
Symbian phones are more preferable to java phones because of so many reasons.
Most symbian phones has inbuilt gps (global positioning system) in them that help's u find ur way and java phones don't.
Java phones can only receive .jar and .jad while symbian phones can recieve .jar, .jad & .sis .
Symbian phones have lager screens than java phones. So symbian phones are the best.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by desertboom(m): 3:00pm On Oct 09, 2007
Thanks for the enlightenment, but how can i differentiate between symbians from Java phones
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by abohrandy: 4:40pm On Oct 09, 2007
guy symbians have a wider range of apps compared to java so get one for urself!!!
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by ossyboy1: 4:50pm On Oct 16, 2007
THE MAJOR DIFFERENCE
symbian phones can be infected by virus -java cannot
" " can take wide range of softwares including macromedia flash -java cant
" " are mostly S60 phones(big screen)-jave are S40 mediym screen
for more on phones mail ossy4rill@yahoo.com
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by sniperwolf(m): 8:16am On Oct 17, 2007
ossy boy:

" " are mostly S60 phones(big screen)-jave are S40 mediym screen

K810 is java and has a large screen and I can also download flash themes on it
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by desertboom(m): 7:17pm On Oct 17, 2007
Meaning all Nokia and sony ericson are all symbian.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by topeteadr(m): 7:22pm On Oct 17, 2007
K810i is a java phone. And most nokia phones with large screen's of resolution 240 * 320. Are symbian except from nokia 6500.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by labiyemmy(m): 7:43pm On Oct 17, 2007
Symbian is an operating system, Java is not - all those applications you were mentioning can also be on Symbian phones - Java is just a software to build packages and not a operating system - so you cant compare Symbian with Java.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by topeteadr(m): 9:15pm On Oct 17, 2007
@labiyemmy you are right, but the reason why they call most series 40 phoes java j2me phones because the platform on which the firmware is being built is called j2me. That's why most of them are called java phones
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by sniperwolf(m): 4:50pm On Oct 18, 2007
tope_teadr:

K810i is a java phone. And most nokia phones with large screen's of resolution 240 * 320. Are symbian except from nokia 6500.

I never said k810 is symbiam. The only symbiam in Sony Ericsson are P-Series, W950, W960 and M-Series
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by desertboom(m): 7:26pm On Oct 22, 2007
Thanks guys, i'm happy because i can now differentiate symbian from java but another question, which of them last longer than others.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by sniperwolf(m): 8:37am On Oct 23, 2007
That depends on how you use them. The operating system has nothing to do with their durability
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by topeteadr(m): 9:09am On Oct 23, 2007
yes the os has everything to do with your phone.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Kashif(m): 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2007
@labiyemmy:

Symbian is an operating system, Java is not - all those applications you were mentioning can also be on Symbian phones - Java is just a software to build packages and not a operating system - so you can't compare Symbian with Java.

Everybody appears to have ignored this unequalled fact. It is just like comparing Windows Vista to Microsoft Powerpoint! They are not in the same category for comparism guys.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by MrInfo1(m): 11:18am On Sep 28, 2008
Cooee
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by abrahym(m): 11:50am On Sep 28, 2008
Hi guys ill like to if sonyericsson w910i is a symbian or java phone
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by MrInfo1(m): 11:56am On Sep 28, 2008
Too bad, it java. But apart from the OS, i admire the phone's overall fanciness
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by abrahym(m): 1:29pm On Sep 28, 2008
infobaba why is dat mtn trick dont work on sonyericsson w910i, any help?
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by BayoMaya(m): 3:23pm On Sep 28, 2008
Yea its true i noticed that. MTN's faggy on my w910i and my pal's w880i. kind of annoying.

that guy who said symbian phones have bigger screen amazes me because i aint seen no symbian phone's screen as big as w910i's. They all just have consistent large screens unlike J2me that varies, but the big ones are really big
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by roltech: 7:45am On Dec 26, 2009
please is there any form of identification on the phone that one can use to identify the difference between symbian and java phones
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by skydami1(m): 11:41pm On Apr 17, 2012
Pls is nokia asha 303 a java or symbian phone?
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by lilkech(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2012
roltech: please is there any form of identification on the phone that one can use to identify the difference between symbian and java phones

there are 3 specific features found on symbian fones.

1. The 'pen & C' buttons found on only symbian s60 version 1 & 2 fones

2. The symbian menu button (holding this is used to trigger multi tasking)

3. It can process '.sis' extention files

SHIKENA
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Excelboi(m): 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2012
skydami1: Pls is nokia asha 303 a java or symbian phone?
Java

1 Like

Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by bonetalk(m): 7:28am On Apr 19, 2012
Java phone is in level 1, symbian phone is in level 2 while Android phone is in level 3, so u can't compare them to each other. Simbiantu rocks die
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by charlsecy4(m): 9:18pm On May 20, 2012
My enquiry indicates that Java is a programming language, not an operating system. However, operating systems such as Android, Symbian, etc. may be developed using Java.

Those Nokia phones you call Java actually run S40 operating system, not Java, because Java is not an operating system. While big Nokia phones and some other non-Nokia phones run S60 Symbian operating system. Both S60 and S40 can process Java applications, therefore, they are Java-compliant.

Consider this for better understanding:

Nokia C3-00 run Series 40 operating system.
Nokia E7-00 run Series 60 Symbian.
BlackBerry 9700 run BlackBerry OS.
Nokia Lumia series run Windows Phone.
iPhone runs iOS.
Samsung Galaxy series run Android.
Nokia N900 runs Maemo.

Most operating systems are Java-compliant. AS AN OPERATING SYSTEM, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE JAVA PHONE!

See http://mobiletechnologybits..com/2011/12/types-of-gsm-mobile-phones.html for more information.

1 Like

Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by LeJeun3: 12:22am On May 21, 2012
charlsecy4: My enquiry indicates that Java is a programming language, not an operating system. However, operating systems such as Android, Symbian, etc. may be developed using Java.

Those Nokia phones you call Java actually run S40 operating system, not Java, because Java is not an operating system. While big Nokia phones and some other non-Nokia phones run S60 Symbian operating system. Both S60 and S40 can process Java applications, therefore, they are Java-compliant.

iPhone runs iOS.
Nokia N900 runs Maemo.

Most operating systems are Java-compliant. AS AN OPERATING SYSTEM, THERE IS NOTHING LIKE JAVA PHONE!

See http://mobiletechnologybits..com/2011/12/types-of-gsm-mobile-phones.html for more information.

Mr. Charl, thanks for ur inquiry but for anyone who cares to listen wat other way to describe a phone whose limit is java?
Whats j2me?
Go to d market and tell dem I came to buy a S40 phone and I bet U won't find.

Mr. Inquiry, tell us wat S60 and S40 stands for?
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Nobody: 10:40am On May 22, 2012
charlsecy4: My enquiry indicates that Java is a programming language, not an operating system. However, operating systems such as Android, Symbian, etc. may be developed using Java.

iPhone runs iOS.
Nokia N900 runs Maemo.

Those phones Aя̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ called "feature phnone" not java phone. All sybian phones Aя̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ smartphones and smartphones. Function like computers, they can handle many applications at once while feature phone(java) can only handle one app at a time.that's to say if u Aя̅ε̲̣̣̣̥ browsing and want to make a call, u have to close the browser first. But in smartphones u don't have to close it, u minimise instead.
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Nobody: 11:10am On May 22, 2012
'multi tasking'
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Balloa1(m): 4:40am On Jun 20, 2012
Hello guys, pls is it true that symbian phones can be connected direct to the printer to print without a system? If yes, is it all of them?
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Bwayne(m): 10:15am On May 09, 2013
LeJeun3:

Mr. Charl, thanks for ur inquiry but for anyone who cares to listen wat other way to describe a phone whose limit is java?
Whats j2me?
Go to d market and tell dem I came to buy a S40 phone and I bet U won't find.

Mr. Inquiry, tell us wat S60 and S40 stands for?

What is "S40"?
S40 is the platform that Nokia runs on its
feature phone handset models. Unlike S60, it
does not run on top of the Symbian OS, but
rather runs on a fully proprietary system.
Formerly known as Series 40, the system
generally only allows the user to install Java
based applications instead of the native
applications that can be installed by users of
S60 devices.
Also known as: "Series 40"
Re: Big Differences Between Symbia And Java Phones by Bwayne(m): 10:20am On May 09, 2013
Balloa1: Hello guys, pls is it true that symbian phones can be connected direct to the printer to print without a system? If yes, is it all of them?

Yes...
Sooo many if not all symbians can connect directly to the printer with the aid of bluetooth or iRada(infrared)....

This is also one of the thing that make them uniqe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Apple Set To Release The Iphone 13 In Nigeria / NCC Forgives MTN, Lifts Sanctions / Tecno Phone With 18 Karat Gold Cover. See Reactions (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.