Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,446 members, 7,812,355 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:11 PM

atheists could be wrong. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / atheists could be wrong. (757 Views)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit / Obadiah Is Right- Nl/nigerian Atheists Are Losers That Need To Step Up / Dawkins Tells Atheists To "Mock Religion With Contempt," And Ravi's Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

atheists could be wrong. by chrisj2000(m): 1:49am On Jan 14, 2012
i am deep in thoughts
Re: atheists could be wrong. by chrisj2000(m): 4:39am On Jan 24, 2012
i am deep in thought
Re: atheists could be wrong. by chrisj2000(m): 5:31am On Jan 24, 2012
life is too short
Re: atheists could be wrong. by Nobody: 8:28am On Jan 24, 2012
Seems like you have a serious issue with religion esp. Christianity,

Nice quotes though. It doesnt take an atheist to feel the way you feel. All men are capable of committing evil no matter their religious inclinations.
Re: atheists could be wrong. by manmustwac(m): 12:05pm On Jan 24, 2012
We have a very similar topic here Chris https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-255030.0.html
Re: atheists could be wrong. by UyiIredia(m): 6:05pm On Jan 24, 2012
chrisj2000:

If all Christians know the climatic diversity of the earth, half of them will at least accept that earth is a product of evolution.

I disagree because of the simple fact that evolution is counter-intuitive, and in this case, rightly so.

chrisj2000:
Take for instance,the north pole has six months day light during summer and six months night during winter while south pole has similar though in sharp contrast with the north as per time.

any Christian who went through secondary school should be privy to this information as I am, and I do not accept evolution (especially as regards the way common descent is understood by evo-biologists)

chrisj2000:
Oceans are a waste of water while deserts are in need of water.

Same here, Christians who went to secondary schools should know this.

chrisj2000:
Polar regions are a waste of cold while tropical regions are scorching in heat.

Okay.

chrisj2000:
Some regions are punished with steep valleys while others have land wasted in mountainous terrains.

I wouldn't say punished. The Grand Canyon and the East African Valley rift are beautiful sights to behold. Furthermore, I know of a civilization which flourished in a mountainous terrain - ever heard of the Macchu Picchu). Oh and BTW some mountainous terrains have fertile soil.

chrisj2000:
If there's any arranger or designer behind all these, such disparities shouldn't have existed.

What precludes a designer from making such disparities ? How do you propose Nature be designed ? I must end by stating your conclusion is a non-sequitur for the simple reason that you did not advance any reason as to why the said disparities preclude a designer.
Re: atheists could be wrong. by chrisj2000(m): 8:48pm On Jan 24, 2012
better to have hope.
Re: atheists could be wrong. by Lasinoh: 8:31am On Jan 25, 2012
Nice one! kiss
We all know religion is for psycho-dummies.
No need restating the VERY obvious! grin

(1) (Reply)

Whitney Houston 'wanted To See Jesus' Days Before Death / God, Gods, Debt And Bankers / Unanswered Prayers? God Is Still Alive!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.