Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,815 members, 7,813,686 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:19 PM

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit (3403 Views)

10 Ways To Live A More Spiritual Life / Conclusion : Nairaland Atheists make shocking approval of Incest / Why Are Atheists All Over The World So Slow And Irrational (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 11:08am On Dec 02, 2015
Atheists demonstrate irrational-thinking more often than they would like to admit.

In fact, the decision to read this topic NOW may be more emotional than rational.

Atheists talk rationality when discussing religion whereas every single day they either make or are influenced by others or certain conditions to make irrational decisions. Rationality does not always mean correct or even appropriate.

• Atheists are not exempt from the power of suggestion used in marketing. They can choose a product of lesser quality over that of higher just because the former is better packaged or the seller appears more presentable and confident.

• Many atheists would rather patronize a retail store where staffs are friendly and better in communication although less knowledgeable than a store where staffs are cold and lack good communication skills although (unknown to the atheist) they can be more helpful.

• Rational thinking tends to be selfish and self-centred in outlook to life and relationships, yet many atheists who don't have neuro-psychosocial disorders like autism and antisocial personality disorders take the irrational, rather emotional part of kindness and desire.
(A study shows that people with 'mild' autism are more likely to be atheists. Their "rationalism" leading to atheism is influenced by their health problem not just by rational thinking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2039690/Atheism-autism-Controversial-new-study-points-link-two.html)

• Suicide seems more logical in a trouble-laden world, especially when you don't believe in life after death, hell, a God who doesn't want you to take your life or existence of spiritual worlds--- yet atheists fight for their lives.

•However, in clinical depression (which puts people in irrational, emotional state), a study published in American Journal of Psychiatry says religiously unaffiliated people are more likely to commit suicide.
There is no need to prove that people who have suicidal ideation (thoughts) may have "logical reasons" which becomes irrational to them with the benefit of hindsight (that is, looking back later in life at why they thought about suicide)

• The same study mentioned above clearly states that certain irrational attributes are found more among religiously unaffiliated people. I quote,
"In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."
http://ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.12.2303

In an article titled "Rationality is over-rated: Just ask Intuitive Scientists" (from which some information below were extracted and contains many useful information) Douglas Todd noted that:
non-rational realities like intuitions, emotions, imaginations, the unconscious and creativity itself – are just as real, if not more so, than many things understood through rationality alone.

Albert Einstein once said,
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Prof. Dan Ryan, a sociologist at Mills College in California, says: “If rationality is all it’s cracked up to be,” there shouldn't be so much of disagreements. Instead, “rational experts often disagree.”

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/05/05/what-good-scientists-know-intuition-crucial-as-rationality/

• It is irrational to BELIEVE that God doesn't exist without a prove. That we cannot prove something reveals our own limitations; it doesn't rule out the authenticity of claim. What is rational is to consider the possibility of the existence or none-existence of God.

• Several drugs are in use today that all we know is their effects, we cannot as yet prove why they work neither can we currently prove that their adverse reactions will not be devastating to humanity on the long run, yet "rational" people who claim there is no God because it cannot be scientifically proven will use them.

Researches have shown that humans-atheists or not- make more emotional decisions and act illogically than we realize because we are more than logical, rational beings. In fact, to insist that if something is not absolutely logical, it should be discarded is to live in denial. Science has proven that the function of half of the brain of even people making such statements is not logical.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by DuchessLily(f): 11:10am On Dec 02, 2015
They are deceiving themselves

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 12:03pm On Dec 02, 2015
Atheism seems to be the BELIEVE a certain group of religious people hold on to religiously.

cc Lalasticlacla
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Nobody: 12:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:
Atheists demonstrate irrational-thinking more often than they would like to admit.

In fact, the decision to read this topic NOW may be more emotional than rational.

Atheists talk rationality when discussing religion whereas every single day they either make or are influenced by others or certain conditions to make irrational decisions. Rationality does not always mean correct or even appropriate.

• Atheists are not exempt from the power of suggestion used in marketing. They can choose a product of lesser quality over that of higher just because the former is better packaged or the seller appears more presentable and confident.

• Many atheists would rather patronize a retail store where staffs are friendly and better in communication although less knowledgeable than a store where staffs are cold and lack good communication skills although (unknown to the atheist) they can be more helpful.

• Rational thinking tends to be selfish and self-centred in outlook to life and relationships, yet many atheists who don't have neuro-psychosocial disorders like autism and antisocial personality disorders take the irrational, rather emotional part of kindness and desire.
(A study shows that people with 'mild' autism are more likely to be atheists. Their "rationalism" leading to atheism is influenced by their health problem not just by rational thinking.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2039690/Atheism-autism-Controversial-new-study-points-link-two.html)

• Suicide seems more logical in a trouble-laden world, especially when you don't believe in life after death, hell, a God who doesn't want you to take your life or existence of spiritual worlds--- yet atheists fight for their lives.

•However, in clinical depression (which puts people in irrational, emotional state), a study published in American Journal of Psychiatry says religiously unaffiliated people are more likely to commit suicide.
There is no need to prove that people who have suicidal ideation (thoughts) may have "logical reasons" which becomes irrational to them with the benefit of hindsight (that is, looking back later in life at why they thought about suicide)

• The same study mentioned above clearly states that certain irrational attributes are found more among religiously unaffiliated people. I quote,
"In terms of clinical characteristics, religiously unaffiliated subjects had more lifetime impulsivity, aggression, and past substance use disorder."

In an article titled "Rationality is over-rated: Just ask Intuitive Scientists" (from which some information below were extracted and contains many useful information) Douglas Todd noted that:
non-rational realities like intuitions, emotions, imaginations, the unconscious and creativity itself – are just as real, if not more so, than many things understood through rationality alone.

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”

Prof. Dan Ryan, a sociologist at Mills College in California, says: “If rationality is all it’s cracked up to be,” there shouldn't be so much of disagreements. Instead, “rational experts often disagree.”

http://blogs.vancouversun.com/2012/05/05/what-good-scientists-know-intuition-crucial-as-rationality/

• It is irrational to BELIEVE that God doesn't exist without a prove. That we cannot prove something reveals our own limitations; it doesn't rule out the authenticity of claim. What is rational is to consider the possibility of the existence or none-existence of God.

• Several drugs are in use today that all we know is their effects, we cannot as yet prove why they work neither can we currently prove that their adverse reactions will not be devastating to humanity on the long run, yet "rational" people who claim there is no God because it cannot be scientifically proven will use them.

Researches have shown that humans-atheists or not- make more emotional decisions and act illogically than we realize because we are more than logical, rational beings. In fact, to insist that if something is not absolutely logical, it should be discarded is to live in denial. Science has proven that the function of half of the brain of even people making such statements is not logical.
Every animal, intelligent or unintelligent, would do as you claim atheist do.

Even a dog would prefer someone who treats him better, baiting an animal is the oldest method of hunting.

Would you say a dog has faith because he expects milk in his plates?

Survival is a basic instinct in animals.

What is so special about your claim?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 1:25pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pyrrho:
Every animal, intelligent or unintelligent, would do as you claim atheist do.

Even a dog would prefer someone who treats him better, baiting an animal is the oldest method of hunting.

Would you say a dog has faith because he expects milk in his plates?

Survival is a basic instinct in animals.

What is so special about your claim?

To atheists who believe their faith in rationality makes them different from those have faith in God. This article simply says atheists are not as rational as they think. They are actually thinking more narrowly than humans are designed to think when it comes to religion.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Nobody: 2:12pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

To atheists we believe their faith in rationality makes them different from those whose have faith in God. This article simply says atheists are not as rational as they think. They are actually thinking more narrowly than humans are designed to think when it comes to religion.
I disagree with you on this one.

Atheist are mostly sceptics, people who sought to understand more. They aren't willing to settle for some primitive write-ups of alien cultures as authoritative submissions.

Being religious is actually easier than being an atheist in this part of the world especially.

Accepting that no one has answers beyond this existence is a bitter pill to swallow.

I respect atheists. They are never as dogmatic as theists.
It isn't really a show of intelligence for agnostics like me to present our arguments, it is mostly to refute theistic claims.

It is not about being better, it isn't a matter of pride.

6 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 2:45pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pyrrho:
I disagree with you on this one.

Atheist are mostly sceptics, people who sought to understand more. They aren't willing to settle for some primitive write-ups of alien cultures as authoritative submissions.

Being religious is actually easier than being an atheist in this part of the world especially.

Accepting that no one has answers beyond this existence is a bitter pill to swallow.

I respect atheists. They are never as dogmatic as theists.
It isn't really a show of intelligence for agnostics like me to present our arguments, it is mostly to refute theistic claims.

It is not about being better, it isn't a matter of pride.

Emmm, my write up has been influenced by the type of atheists I have met, including on Nairaland. They are as closed-minded to reasons different from theirs as any religious fundamentalist can be.

I tell them that it is unreasonable to say there is no God just because you don't have the capacity to prove whether or not God exists. In other words, their believe is as irrational- if not more- as they like to claim religious people are.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by CoolUsername: 5:07pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

Emmm, my write up has been influenced by the type of atheists I have met, including on Nairaland. They are as closed-minded to reasons different from theirs as any religious fundamentalist can be.

I tell them that it is unreasonable to say there is no God just because you don't have the capacity to prove whether or not God exists. In other words, their believe is as irrational- if not more- as they like to claim religious people are.
Religion is like a d!ck, it's ok to have one; it's even ok to be proud of it. Just don't wave it around to unsuspecting strangers, or try to force it into people; and please, keep it away from children.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Nobody: 5:11pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

I'm a graduate of philosophy, I have since engaged in several discuss concerning the issue of the existence of God.

I'm wasn't influenced on this forum, I've graduated years before signing-up on NL.

I agree with you on the position that the lack of evidence for the existence of God doesn't give any credit to the assertion that God doesn't exist.

But not all those who appear to be atheist on this forum holds such view-point.

Many are agnostic-atheist, all God claims cannot be substantiated and should therefore be discarded as truth.

Those who keep closed minds, or make absolute atheism claims are sailing the same boat as theists, only to an opposite direction.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 9:06pm On Dec 02, 2015
Pyrrho:

Many are agnostic-atheist, all God claims cannot be substantiated and should therefore be discarded as truth.

God claims can be substantiated God's way. Lack of capacity to substantiate God claims man's way is a proof of limitation for man. Even atheists can talk to God and ask Him to reveal Himself if He truly exists. There is no harm in talking to someone you are not sure exists so far His existence means He can hear you. But to hold on to uncertainty and not try at all is also being closed-minded.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by onetrack(m): 9:22pm On Dec 02, 2015
Atheists are not robots. Humans are irrational by nature. No surprise that atheists can be irrational or emotional. But it does not mean that I believe in any god.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Weah96: 10:02pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

• Many atheists would rather patronize a retail store where staffs are friendly and better in communication although less knowledgeable than a store where staffs are cold and lack good communication skills [size=18pt]although (unknown to the atheist) they can be more helpful.[/size]

Don't kill me with laff. Mind reading and atheism are two different things. Which kyn retail store dichotomy is dis one sef? Are you telling me that you will do business in a store where all the agents are either mute or slow?

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by finofaya: 10:18pm On Dec 02, 2015
I don't concur with much of your OP but at least you agree that it is rational to consider the possibility that God does not exist. I don't think you would agree that it is rational to consider for example the possibility that the thing we call our Sun does not exist. I think this tells us something about the nature of the so called God.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 10:29pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

I can relate with this. Some years back, my brother sent me the bbm pin of a white guy who wanted to commit suicide. Both were in germany at the time. He wanted me to convince him against suicide. After adding him, I first asked what his problems were and he was reluctant to tell me (being a stranger). I asked him if he believed in God and he answered negative. I just weak.
Though i sent some motivational and hope messages, I would have loved to really help him more, but in reality, there was no real reason for him to continue if he was absolutely tired of life.
Subsequently, All the unreligious discussions we had pointed at suicide as the only logical answer.
I felt helpless, he unfriended me after a while. I hope he aint dead yet.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by menesheh(m): 10:40pm On Dec 02, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

The entire points out there are seriously amazing me. lipsrsealed
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 12:00am On Dec 03, 2015
Weah96:

Don't kill me with laff. Mind reading and atheism are two different things. Which kyn retail store dichotomy is dis one sef? Are you telling me that you will do business in a store where all the agents are either mute or slow?

You didn't get the gist. It's not about atheism or mind reading. It just means humans- including atheists- make decisions based on environmental suggestion not necessarily based on logic or rationality.

It also means that logic can be very wrong when you don't have all the required information to make it right- whether you know what these information are or not.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 12:04am On Dec 03, 2015
finofaya:
I don't concur with much of your OP but at least you agree that it is rational to consider the possibility that God does not exist. I don't think you would agree that it is rational to consider for example the possibility that the thing we call our Sun does not exist. I think this tells us something about the nature of the so called God.

These are not just my ideas. Most of them are research based and are logical. Which ones are you against and what is your basis for the disagreement.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 12:19am On Dec 03, 2015
onetrack:
Atheists are not robots. Humans are irrational by nature. No surprise that atheists can be irrational or emotional. But it does not mean that I believe in any god.

Thanks for accepting that being irrational and emotional is part of humanity.

Atheists should stop using this as a weapon in criticizing religion because there is more to humans than the 5 senses can perceive.

Shutting down other uses of the mind except rationality in your approach to religion is more irrational than believing in a God you can't see is.
There are things you will never understand except you first believe.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 8:58am On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

But to hold on to uncertainty and not try at all is also being closed-minded.
Its a thing not to believe or be unsure of the reality of God, most atheists seem to have unfaltering evidence against God, and they demonstrate confidence to this in a very unintelligent way.

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

2 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 9:09am On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
Its a thing not to believe or be unsure of the reality of God, most atheists seem to have unfaltering evidence against God, and they demonstrate confidence to this in a very unintelligent way.

"An atheist is someone who is certain that God does not exist, someone who has compelling evidence against the existence of God. I know of no such compelling evidence." - Carl Sagan

But Carl Sagan himself did not believe in any of the man made Gods that you guys believe in.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 9:13am On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

But Carl Sagan himself did not believe in any of the man made Gods that you guys believe in.
Yes, and i made no such claim either.

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 9:20am On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
Yes, and i made no such claim either.

The gospel writers are your God. If you can point to any God that claims he owns any gospel as his message then you might be taken seriously, until then just accept that the dead men that wrote the gospels are your God. You have no God but the dead men that wrote the bible and perhaps your pastors and other religious leaders that constantly interpret the books and create doctrines out of what was written by the dead men. These are the God you believe in.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 9:43am On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

The gospel writers are your God. These are the God you believe in.
Ok na, how many pages of the same argument do you want us to go today. angry

I havent tried and probably wont try to prove the reality of God to you or anyone, it will only make you feel significant and you arn't.

"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman." - Laurence J. Peter

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by KingEbukasBlog(m): 9:53am On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

The gospel writers are your God. If you can point to any God that claims he owns any gospel as his message then you might be taken seriously, until then just accept that the dead men that wrote the gospels are your God. You have no God but the dead men that wrote the bible and perhaps your pastors and other religious leaders that constantly interpret the books and create doctrines out of what was written by the dead men. These are the God you believe in.

Lol,ok
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 10:13am On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:

Ok na, how many pages of the same argument do you want us to go today. angry

I havent tried and probably wont try to prove the reality of God to you or anyone, it will only make you feel significant and you arn't.

"Maybe the atheist cannot find God for the same reason a thief cannot find a policeman." - Laurence J. Peter

You can't try anything at all because you just can't, why should you try to prove what you can't? You can't prove the reality of any God to me anywhere because there isn't any God, when was the last time you tried to prove the reality of the existence of the sun to anybody? You can only point to the writings of men, the culture the men created and the mythical and fictional assertions they made. A muslim, Hindu, Buddhist, Shinto, etc can all also prove the reality of their own Gods by pointing out to specific writings of other men, cultural systems and some personal experiences and of course the unknown as the existence of their own Gods. You have nothing just words of other men because these men and what they wrote down is the God you believe in. You have no God but the idea that other men created and you were indoctrinated by other men to accept and believe in, that's the end of story. Your God remains the idea that other men created.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by winner01(m): 10:36am On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

You can't try anything at all because you just can't, why should you try to prove what you can't? You can't prove the reality of any God to me anywhere because there isn't any God, when was the last time you tried to prove the reality of the existence of the sun to anybody?
God is invisible, the sun is visible. Maybe you should try to prove the existence of the human mind to me, how it looks like, where it is located in the human body and why so many people believe its existence.
Also tell me how many humans have attempted to explain to softwares that they created it. Even though the God-man relationship is far more superior than the man-software relationship.
Also tell us if its logical for a creator to transform to the created in order to prove anything whatsoever to his creation.
Is it that you only believe in the visible and disregard or disbelieve the invisible or you find it difficult to submit under a higher authority because of your personal experiences.
Finally, try to provide your "compelling evidence" against the existence of God.
And be reasonable in your reply.

3 Likes

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 11:26am On Dec 03, 2015
winner01:
God is invisible, the sun is visible. Maybe you should try to prove the existence of the human mind to me, how it looks like, where it is located in the human body and why so many people believe its existence.

The mind is the sum total of all the neurological activities that go on in the human brain. You can't reason or do anything without the brain. We all have brains and your own behavior can be altered when your brain is altered. The mind is the function of the brain, the brain can be seen and has been worked on in various ways with various results. Material substance like alcohol and drugs affect the brain and it's function so , you aren't asking a serious question that isn't known or hasn't been experimented with.

Also tell me how many humans have attempted to explain to softwares that they created it. Even though the God-man relationship is far more superior than the man-software relationship.

Human's are not interested in wanting their soft-wares to know about their existence, the software we are using to communicate on this platform was created just to aid in communication, who ever created it is not interested in it knowing about it's existence, and above all software are not conscious. They are just a set of codes used to carry out specific task. God man relationship is just a made up hypothesis. If you are in a relatioship with God that means you and this God of yours communicate back and forth right? Please tell this God of yours which you are in a relationship with to tell you exactly when he created the universe, He should give you the exact time and date and tell you how many days he used in creating the universe. That shouldn't be difficult for you since you claims you are in a very serious relationship with this God idea of your.

Also tell us if its logical for a creator to transform to the created in order to prove anything whatsoever to his creation.
Is it that you only believe in the visible and disregard or disbelieve the invisible or you find it difficult to submit under a higher authority because of your personal experiences.
Finally, try to provide your "compelling evidence" against the existence of God.
And be reasonable in your reply.

The constant lies you guys tell when you hit a brick wall and have nothing reasonable to say. According to the man made idea and theology you subscribe to this God of yours used to reveal himself to people back in the days, he used to address them through public speech, used to perform serious signs and wonders, used to bring out his hands and write on stone tablets for all to see, used to fight along with them, was all all over the place, he even came down as a human being and lived with them and on and on. Your God has undergone a lot of cultural and systematic evolution. Your God is invisible because the guys that created the idea felt it was more compelling creating an invisible being, they started out worshiping mountains, rivers, desert, to idols and later to invisible beings all depending on what they want and the ideas they conjured up. What compelling idea do you want beside the fact that your God is a man made idea, that is why human's must talk on it's behalf, humans most write on it's behalf based on what ever they imagine, humans must create what ever theology and doctrines they want others to follow on it's behalf, humans must fight all its battles for it, build it's temples and shrines, set up societies and laws on it's behalf, create systems, propagate it's message do everything on behalf of what ever God concept they have imagined and chose to live by. I have told you that God is a man made idea that is why there are many different Gods and may different religions. The religion you chose to follow is based purely by birth.

If you were born into a muslim family in Iran yo would have been a Shite muslim, if you were born into a Hindu family in Nepal you would have been a Hindu. You are a christian only because you were born into a christian family in Nigeria. Stop talking about God as if there is such a being out there that exist, there is no such thing, what exist is just the idea, the people that subscribe and believe those ideas and the system that was created based on the theology and doctrines based on that God idea. Even within your religion there are different concepts of this God idea, the Catholics for example have a very different God idea compared to the Pentecostal word of faith movement or the Aladora/ cherubim and seraphim white garment wearing Christians. They might profess God but when you look deep inside you will see that they all have very different ideas of what this God is to them all.

1 Like

Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by PMIcon(m): 12:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

It doesn't really matter if he doesn't. My doctor may be smoking cigarette. That doesn't mean he doesn't know what he is talking about if he tells me not to smoke.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 12:48pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

The mind is the sum total of all the neurological activities that go on in the human brain. You can't reason or do anything without the brain.

These two statements are wrong. Please read up on them and don't use such as arguments. You will not hear experts in the field making such statements. That was my first lesson in psychiatry class and the "conclusion" was inconclusive.

The mind has capacity to pick up signals outside the senses. You do things without the involvement of your brain.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by dalaman: 1:08pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

These two statements are absolutely wrong. Please read up on them and don't use such as argument. You will not hear experts in the field making such statements except in mischief.

What is the mind? Is the mind something that exist on it's own outside the function of the brain?
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by plaetton: 1:20pm On Dec 03, 2015
Godsfamilymemba:

These are not just my ideas. Most of them are research based and are logical. Which ones are you against and what is your basis for the disagreement.

Lol.

So. You're putting your faith in scientific studies only when it suits you ?

Big laugh.
Re: Atheists Make More 'spiritual', 'emotional' Irrational Decisions Than They Admit by Godsfamilymemba: 1:44pm On Dec 03, 2015
dalaman:

What is the mind? Is the mind something that exist on it's own outside the function of the brain?

What is a man made up of? Is man just a living complex interaction of chemicals? What is life? What makes the difference between a "corpse" placed on life support and a corpse transfered to the mortuary?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Spiritual Implication Of The Eclipse Of America. The Great American Eclipse. / For Intelligent Design Proponents Why Were Inert & Radioactive Elements Created? / Shiloh 2020 : Turnaround Encounters Dec 8-13th

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.