Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,558 members, 7,823,454 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

American Embassy Embarrased Me! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Embassy Embarrased Me! (2499 Views)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Embassy Embarrased Me! by koolmd: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2012
de
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by Nobody: 1:58pm On Jan 14, 2012
The indian visa might have been the problem,if throughly you have not applied and rejected before.
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by worry246(m): 2:18pm On Jan 14, 2012
First thought
Someone has stolen your identity to apply for a visa.
This person could be close to you.
Has a friend or brother gone to USA?
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by halfcurrent(m): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2012
another possible angle is that someone with similar/identical name combination with yours may have applied and rejected,
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by dellnet: 3:50pm On Jan 14, 2012
These days fingerprints says it all.
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by Vicjustice: 7:25pm On Jan 14, 2012
olas2u:

The indian visa might have been the problem,if throughly you have not applied and rejected before.
Please, explain how the Indian visa is the problem
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by worry246(m): 8:21pm On Jan 14, 2012
If visa is to India then I do not think it would be a problem,
However
If visa is to Pakistan or Bangladesh (muslim countries) then big problem.
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 14, 2012
Its possible the Indian visa was first before the u.k visa and its also possible the U.k visa was multiple and the indian visa had the same period and then you have come to the American embassy.You know the deals that go on in India,so they might have suspected you,its possible.
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by justwise(m): 10:48pm On Jan 14, 2012
olas2u:

Its possible the Indian visa was first before the u.k visa and its also possible the U.k visa was multiple and the indian visa had the same period and then you have come to the American embassy.You know the deals that go on in India,so they might have suspected you,its possible.

You completely lost me here, what is wrong with india and UK visa in his passport and what has that got to do with visa refusal.
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by Nobody: 11:04pm On Jan 14, 2012
justwise:

You completely lost me here, what is wrong with india and UK visa in his passport and what has that got to do with visa refusal.
They are all assumptions,and he can make meanings by himself,if he understands
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by 25omega(m): 11:26pm On Jan 14, 2012
this is the problem with not having social security numbers or something to prove that your identity is yours. poster sorry for what happened.

i wonder if you can appeal?
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by dancewith: 9:26am On Jan 15, 2012
This is a bit tricky. I assume the new information concerns an application made prior to the commencement of finger scans but with same or varied name combination and date of birth. Before they are convinced you used deception (which is a serious immigration offence) they must have cross referenced details in the old application with the new one, including picture matching. They have sophisticated software for this and it is hard to believe they made a mistake in this case considering the visa was already issued but later withdrawn when the new facts came to light

My gut feeling is that no mistake was made and poster must have lied about a previous visa refusal. In my time I got refused severally but later got issued with several NIV and later an IV. It only requires being honest at all time. No need muddling up facts as this could be the result
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by OmoTier1(m): 11:22pm On Jan 15, 2012
dancewith:

This is a bit tricky. I assume the new information concerns an application made prior to the commencement of finger scans but with same or varied name combination and date of birth. Before they are convinced you used deception (which is a serious immigration offence) they must have cross referenced details in the old application with the new one, including picture matching. They have sophisticated software for this and it is hard to believe they made a mistake in this case considering the visa was already issued but later withdrawn when the new facts came to light

My gut feeling is that no mistake was made and poster must have lied about a previous visa refusal. In my time I got refused severally but later got issued with several NIV and later an IV. It only requires being honest at all time. No need muddling up facts as this could be the result
While I may not know for sure if the poster is lying or not, I am aware similar issue has played out before with the US Embassy. After much pressure by way of letters/e-mail, the applicant was called back to come for the visas but at that stage He was already in the UK for His studies. So yea, I can not say the consulate refused the visas after due verfiications! You only need to see how they treath Immigrant Visas applicant for you to know they Americans really do not want to give out visas to Nigerians anymore! I am making this statement from experience of some one I know that I followed down there last year to get His Immigrant Visas issued!
Re: American Embassy Embarrased Me! by FASTLINK1: 7:12pm On Jan 16, 2012
Hello, reapply and this time around, thick that your visa had been revoked in the space provided in the online application form, I suppose that overrides the former that you supposedly know nothing about.

(1) (Reply)

Appointment With Switzerland Embassy. / I Want To Go Back To UK / Need True Advice And Sincere Mature Advice On North Cyprus Universities

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.