Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,599 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria (2654 Views)

My Southern California Odyssey / Nigerians In Germany...i Need Your Advice. / The Largest Shopping Mall In Africa And In The Southern Hemisphere! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by DaraAlina(f): 7:09pm On Jan 18, 2012
@tojunee , It takes a lot of courage to start the journey of finding who and what's your father's family is all about. I went through the same thing 2 years ago . The most important advice is to get concrete information of your family before you hop on the plane. Try to ask your mother to help you find your father's birth certificate and work from there also ask your mother about his lifestyle ( what schools he went to ? and what was his hobbies ? and if anything ask if she have any of his id's or anything). I know personally its hard. My father's family is mainly from Trinidad and it took me years to find out who my paternal grandparents are. And I know personally too traveling to Nigeria for the first time you must be equipped for mentally and physically.

Nigeria is a beautiful place with great people, history and culture but get ready for hustle and inconsistency , you never know what will happen at a moment's notice. Also please try to contact your family and based a friendly relationship with them before you go.

I know my grammar is horrible too because I rather have lazy moments while interacting during informal (causal) moments

Deep down inside , I give you all the peace and blessings for the success of building a relationship with your father's family smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley

With Smiles

Dara
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by IykeD(m): 8:53pm On Jan 22, 2012
Naija gals no dey dull i swear. one babe wan hijack this dude already, madam information or rather Information Minister III
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by okooyinbo(m): 1:30am On Jan 26, 2012
You moderators at Nairaland should be ashamed of yourself. The boy is looking for helps and I wrote him in the language he is more conversant in, and somebody just delete it. That's very childish I must say.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by justwise(m): 6:48am On Jan 26, 2012
okooyinbo:

You moderators at Nairaland should be ashamed of yourself. The boy is looking for helps and I wrote him in the language he is more conversant in, and somebody just delete it. That's very childish I must say.

Nobody deleted your post, the system sees it as spam and blocked it, its a common thing here in NL.
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 26, 2012
@OP go to Nigeria Embassy in Germany they will assist you tell them everything you know about your dad as you said here wish you good luck

4th Gamani halfcast wey i go see wey dey find in papa wey be nigeria undecided Hope to see you on NTA newsline soon
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by rhames(m): 4:45pm On Jul 28, 2013
Toju dont come till year 2015
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Naijalastborn(m): 10:04pm On Jul 28, 2013
well, please have to becareful with steps bro... but my advies is that your mother can be a big help here... Atleast She will give u a concrete Details about him.. Like his Hometown in Southern Nigeria etc..
Re: I Am From Germany, I Need Detail To Visit Southern Nigeria by Godson201333(m): 10:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
rhames: Toju dont come till year 2015

and you want him to experience the full crisis?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Refusal Of Visa And Fresh Application For Uk Visa / Flights From Jos To Port-harcourt / Ghana Gradually Becoming West African Aviation Hub.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.