Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,720 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul (1291 Views)

Help, Please Save My Future / Can I Call Myself A Good Programmer If I Only Know Visual Basic / Any Visual Basic (VB) Guru In The House? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by sidonee(m): 10:41am On Oct 09, 2007
please is there any boby in the house who is good at visual basic programming? please i need help to write a program in visual basic that can b used to compute the cumulative grade piont average "CGPA" please i"ll be very greatfull if assisted. smiley
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by lordNebu(m): 11:22am On Oct 09, 2007
well to write such a program u dont really need visual basic on less u intent to really make it GUI based.a simple basic program cant handle what ever u want.so what is it u really want to do is it an assignment or what.
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by sidonee(m): 12:01pm On Oct 09, 2007
lord nebu thanks 4 your concern but it actully meant to b a project work and my supervisor specified that i use visual basic
i'll b very gratefull if u can help. smiley
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by SmartK1(m): 1:58pm On Oct 09, 2007
Project at what level, OND, Bsc, Masters, etc. I may have something u can readily use. contact me at mcrahmsmart@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by Bossman(m): 5:16pm On Oct 09, 2007
This is a simple and very common application. Is this homework or this is a work project? if it's the former, I would suggest that you take the time to take about it and write down the steps you will take to solve it. Post it here, and let the knowledgable people in here post suggestions. If it's the latter, then, are you a developer? If so, you ought to be able to do this. In either case, it would not do you much good if someone writes the program and sends it to you. On the long run it will not help you.
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by sidonee(m): 5:36pm On Oct 09, 2007
well bossman it is suppose to be a project work and a friend of mine who is supposed to to submit it by december actually asked 4 my assistance. and i felt the house would be of great help. pls i still need to nhear 4rm u. smiley
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by sidonee(m): 5:42pm On Oct 09, 2007
well bossman it is suppose to be a project work and a friend of mine who is supposed to to submit it by december actually asked 4 my assistance. and i felt the house would be of great help. please i still need to nhear from u.
bossman am looking foward to hear from u.
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by lordbenax(m): 6:23pm On Oct 09, 2007
you can place a label on the form. Change the caption to CGPA. declare variables according to the number of courses that student uses with the dim command and one last one for the CPGA. The variables would be float or doubles but definitely not intergers.
Find out the equation or formula used by your skool to calculate the CGPA.
make the values of the courses variables to be the those gotten from text boxes u put on ur form. lets say

Dim JavaModule1 as double
JavaModule = text1.text

convert this value from string to numeric values using the val. method from the arithmetic operators in VB. Such as

Dim Javamodule1 as double
Dim javamoduleNum as double.
Javamaodule1 = text1.text
javamoduleNum = val(javamodule1)

Check up one this hint see if it works and i would discuss more 2morrow. I hope i av been of help.
cool
Java
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by Kobojunkie: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2007
When you say Visual Basic, do you mean VB.NEt?? Is it a Windows application or a Web Application?? What DatabAse are you to use?? Have you put together the tables you will use for this if it is supposed to be an application that is dynamic??

If you are set up and ready to start, let me know and I can help you the much I can from here
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by BlkRaven(f): 5:07pm On Oct 13, 2007
Bossman:

This is a simple and very common application. Is this homework or this is a work project? if it's the former, I would suggest that you take the time to take about it and write down the steps you will take to solve it. Post it here, and let the knowledgable people in here post suggestions. If it's the latter, then, are you a developer? If so, you ought to be able to do this. In either case, it would not do you much good if someone writes the program and sends it to you. On the long run it will not help you.

Well said!
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by dasersoft: 11:19am On Oct 15, 2007
hey,
visual basic is a RAD(Rapid Application Development) application. it requires a very good understanding of basic as a programming language. since visual basic is an event driven application it can not be discussed on this forum since it implies a whole project. however you can start the project then programmers can help you on some modules(procedures). this is of course the way to do it. however if you insist getting a complete project that computes the cummulative grade point. then you can reach me on daseronline@yahoo.com.sg. but this is not important you can do it yourself.
bye
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by AhmedGuru(m): 6:03pm On Oct 17, 2007
I already have a project of this nature. If you don't mind you can contact me on onlylakunce@yahoo.com. Let's talk on what amendments to make to suit you situations.
Re: Visual Basic Expert Please Save A Soul by scientist(m): 3:12pm On Oct 27, 2007
;d ;d ;d your project as i assume it to beĀ  ;d ;d ;d is quite simple, but the problem is that i have not been coding for the past one year since i left college i.e. after my ond undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

(1) (Reply)

Star Winner! 1st Prize In Grnd-brking Bus App: For Nov :church+ (nigerian) / Coffeescript / If You Don't Catch An Exception, PHP Spills Your MySQL Account Info By Default

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.