Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,117 members, 7,818,332 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:57 PM

Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s (2450 Views)

Judaism And The Cutting Of Finger Nails. / J E S U S (christianity) / What Is The Meaning Of S U (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by edatika(m): 3:07pm On Oct 09, 2007
it is almost traditional now for Birthday cakes, wedding etc
to be cut, by spelling the name J-E-S-U-S

especially Christiand who claim to reverend the name
and who dare not play with "just" their Surnames
will dare to use JESUS to cut a cake

can u imagine ur surname being used for the same "silly" thing

wha's ur candid opinion on this
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by pilgrim1(f): 3:19pm On Oct 09, 2007
This is a first on me - and for all practical purposes, it's just another new silliness on the block.
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by edatika(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2007
pilgrim.1:

This is a first on me - and for all practical purposes, it's just another new silliness on the block.

sorry are u saying you are hearing this for the first time?
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by uchetobi(f): 3:38pm On Oct 09, 2007
why does it sound silly? i see it as a way of inviting Jesus to what you do
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by edatika(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2007
can u use your father's name like that?
and say that em, u want to remember for father, (say he is not around at the time)

it is, in my opinion, disrespectful
and unfortunate
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by pilgrim1(f): 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2007
edatika:

sorry are u saying you are hearing this for the first time?

Pardon my ignorance - but yes, that's a first on me (can't remember having heard of it before).

And, I would agree with you that it's quite a disrespectful thing to do. The cake (IMO) should rather bear the name of the celebrant (or, at least, the occasion being celebrated). Anyhow, the many things that some of "us" now practise - na only God go help us. smiley
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by edatika(m): 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2007
pilgrim.1:

And, I would agree with you that it's quite a disrespectful thing to do. The cake (IMO) should rather bear the name of the celebrant (or, at least, the occasion being celebrated). Anyhow, the many things that some of "us" now practise - na only God go help us. smiley

thank you jare
Re: Cutting Of Cake With The Name J-e-s-u-s by Dios(f): 4:02am On Oct 10, 2007
uchetobi:

why does it sound silly? i see it as a way of inviting Jesus to what you do
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I just ate some mexican food and some cake, now I got got mud butt
So before I drop this smelly brown midgets,I'll like to invite him to this daunting task
OK UCHETOBI, SAY IT WITH ME J-E-S-- GET THE F#CK OUTTA HERE

(1) (Reply)

Pilgrim. 1: Is The Bible 100% Inspired Word Of God? / Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) / Evolution Proves Creation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.