Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:43 AM

Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) (2444 Views)

Atheism Is Frustrating. / Atheism Is A Religion: Kolooyinbo Explains. / Even Water Proves That Atheism Is False. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by bawomolo(m): 12:39am On May 29, 2009
Atheism ‘is the greatest of all evils’, says outgoing Archbishop of Westminster

TAKE a deep breathe … you are about to be annoyed. Very annoyed indeed.

IN THE same week in which the unremitting cruelty of Catholic institutions towards vulnerable youngsters in Ireland was exposed, the outgoing Archbishop of Westminster had the sheer gall to identify “lack of faith” as “the greatest of all evils.”

One self-serving prat replaces another: Cormac Murphy O'Connor, left, and his successor, Vincent Nichols.

According to The Times, the rancid Cardinal Cormac Murphy-O’Connor –who recently said that secularists and atheists were “not fully human” – blamed atheism for war and destruction, and suggested it was a greater evil even than sin itself.

Speaking at the installation of his successor, Archbishop Vincent Nichols, O’Connor referred to the battles that will be won and lost in the effort to sustain the Christian presence in a secular society.

What is most crucial is the prayer that we express every day in the Our Father, when we say, deliver us from evil. The evil we ask to be delivered from is not essentially the evil of sin, though that is clear, but in the mind of Jesus, it is more importantly a loss of faith. For Jesus, the inability to believe in God and to live by faith is the greatest of evils.

You see the things that result from this are an affront to human dignity, destruction of trust between peoples, the rule of egoism and the loss of peace. One can never have true justice, true peace, if God becomes meaningless to people.

Archbishop Nichols also defended faith against the rise of secularism. In his homily he said:

Faith in God is not, as some would portray it today, a narrowing of the human mind or spirit. It is precisely the opposite. Faith in God is the gift that takes us beyond our limited self, with all its incessant demands …

Earlier, Nichols infuriated child protection groups and victims of clerical abuse by saying that, while the Irish Child Abuse Commission report was distressing and disturbing, it had taken “courage” for members of the clergy to face up to the facts in their past.

He added that the report:

Should not overshadow all of the good that institutions such as the Christian Brothers and the Sisters of Mercy had done.

A spokesman for the campaign group Irish Survivors of Child Abuse, Patrick Walsh, reacted angrily, saying:

Rubbish is too kind a word for what the Archbishop has said … It is the verbiage of unreason, and it leaves me cold. What the Archbishop really has to do is take a long hard look at the character and nature of the people he is talking about and ask himself if they are capable of being good.

[url]http://freethinker.co.uk/2009/05/21/atheism-%E2%80%98is-the-greatest-of-all-evils%E2%80%99-says-outgoing-archbishop-of-westminster/[/url]

catholics calling us evil, aint that some shit.

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by noetic2: 2:22am On May 29, 2009
whats the difference between atheism and evil?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by bawomolo(m): 4:26am On May 29, 2009
noetic2:

whats the difference between atheism and evil?

evil aspires to be an atheist.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by Tudor3(m): 6:47am On May 29, 2009
Religion has caused more 'evil' in this world than atheism!
U dont see atheists straping on bombs and blowing people up in the name of god.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by birdman(m): 7:02am On May 29, 2009
Hahahaha, as soon as atheists start their own inquisition, crusade or jihad, I will give this a second thought. Until then, keep deceiving ya sef tongue

1 Like

Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by birdman(m): 7:04am On May 29, 2009
bawomolo:

evil aspires to be incognito. If you think atheists are the problem , then evil will come to you in the garb of a most devout pastor.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by Tudor3(m): 8:23am On May 29, 2009
Till then, take a bleeping piss!
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by mazaje(m): 9:02am On May 29, 2009
Atheist are Evil be very afraid of them grin grin. There is more than enough evidence to show that that atheism = less crime. The Atheist Countries(Netherlands, Sweden, Denmark, Finland, Estonia,Czech, Norway) have the lowest crimes per capita in the world. Netherlands runs out of criminals, has to shut prisons
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by noetic2: 10:09am On May 29, 2009
@bawomolo

There doesnt seem to be "any" difference them though . . . . .
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by banom(m): 11:18am On May 29, 2009
Have there been any war on earth because of Atheism as a comparison to all the endless wars caused by religion ?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by jagunlabi(m): 11:43am On May 29, 2009
Folks need to understand that these bishops have a living to fight for.This organized religious entity called THE CHURCH is their bread and butter.Ofcourse they will come out defending the company(the church) they've been working for all their lives.Who wouldn't?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by Krayola(m): 12:23pm On May 29, 2009
jagunlabi:

Folks need to understand that these bishops have a living to fight for.This organized religious entity called THE CHURCH is their bread and butter.Ofcourse they will come out defending the company(the church) they've been working for all their lives.Who wouldn't?

Exactly!!
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by bawomolo(m): 7:16pm On May 29, 2009
noetic2:

@bawomolo

There doesnt seem to be "any" difference them though . . . . .

true any catholic priest or nun that abuses a little boy is an Atheist conspirator trying to infiltrate the church.

Those atheists are evil.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by C2H5OH(f): 7:17pm On May 29, 2009
I don't know about evil. I just think their fear of the unknown is driving them nuts.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 8:13pm On May 29, 2009
Atheism is not only the greatest of evils, atheists are the most foolish of mind. Even a common fool realises that everything has a maker or creator. Look around and see if you can point out at anything that is not produced or made by somebody. According to atheist, simple and everyday things like coke, toothpaste, omo, cigarettes, guilder, clothes, shoes etc are made by someone or a group of people represented by a company but the majesty of the heavens, the stars, sky, planets, sun, beauty of the sea appeared from nowhere. BULLSHIT. There is something these guys are smoking that we don't know of yet.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by bindex(m): 10:15pm On May 29, 2009
JIL:

Atheism is not only the greatest of evils, atheists are the most foolish of mind. Even a common fool realises that everything has a maker or creator. Look around and see if you can point out at anything that is not produced or made by somebody. According to atheist, simple and everyday things like coke, toothpaste, omo, cigarettes, guilder, clothes, shoes etc are made by someone or a group of people represented by a company but the majesty of the heavens, the stars, sky, planets, sun, beauty of the sea appeared from nowhere. BULLSHIT. There is something these guys are smoking that we don't know of yet.

OK if every thing has a creator then your god should also have a creator, no?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by Horus(m): 10:39pm On May 29, 2009
JIL:

Atheism is not only the greatest of evils

So who created evil?. If even a common fool realises that everything has a maker or creator, then who is the maker or creator of evil?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 10:50pm On May 29, 2009
OK if every thing has a creator then your god should also have a creator, no?

@bindex
The funny thing about atheists is that they donot have the capacity to understand deep spiritual matters. Giving you an answer to the above is like forcing an ant to understand the answer to the Poincaré Conjecture. The answer that is within your capacity to understand is that my God created you, your parents and all your relatives.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: Save the world from insanity, convert an atheist today. grin
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by bindex(m): 11:02pm On May 29, 2009
JIL:

@bindex
The funny thing about atheists is that they donot have the capacity to understand deep spiritual matters. Giving you an answer to the above is like forcing an ant to understand the answer to the Poincaré Conjecture. The answer that is within your capacity to understand is that my God created you, your parents and all your relatives.

grin WORD OF THE DAY: Save the world from insanity, convert an atheist today. grin

You call it deep spritual matters and I say it is a deep delusion. OK I agree that your god created me anything more? grin grin
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 11:28pm On May 29, 2009
You call it deep spritual matters and I say it is a deep delusion. OK I agree that your god created me anything more?

Yes, he also created your brain to be fruitful but the enemy removed brain matter and replaced it with straw. grin grin

grin WORD OF THE DAY: Do the world a favour; Eradicate atheism by any means possible.  grin
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by huxley2(m): 11:34pm On May 29, 2009
JIL:

@bindex

What are spiritual matters? Can you give us some examples?

Is God commanding parents to kill their disobedient children an example of a spiritual matter?

Is being credulous and gullibe required for siprituality?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by huxley2(m): 11:37pm On May 29, 2009
This video settles the matter once and for all.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 12:14am On May 30, 2009
This  video  settles the matter once and for all.

Which video?What is the source? Who is the producer?

I wouldn't waste my time chasing a link given by a deranged fool.

Huxley2, or whatever you now call yourself, do you know that a dog is more intelligent than you. That is not an insult, it is even a compliment. A dog recognises its master but you fail to appreciate your maker.

Enough is enough for you and your type. You can not continue to abuse other people's faith and think you can go scot-free. Because you dont have a faith does not give you the right to abuse others. Coward. Come out and lets know who you are! Go F.u.*.k yourself and get a life. Brainless cadaver.

grin WORD OF THE DAY:An atheist is a fool who looks at himself in the mirror and says I dont exist, its only a mirror  grin
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by huxley2(m): 12:23am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

Which video?What is the source? Who is the producer?

I wouldn't waste my time chasing a link given by a deranged fool.

Huxley2, or whatever you now call yourself, do you know that a dog is more intelligent than you. That is not an insult, it is even a compliment. A dog recognises its master but you fail to appreciate your maker.

Enough is enough for you and your type. You can not continue to abuse other people's faith and think you can go scot-free. Because you dont have a faith does not give you the right to abuse others. Coward. Come out and lets know who you are! Go F.u.*.k yourself and get a life. Brainless cadaver.

grin WORD OF THE DAY:An atheist is a fool who looks at himself in the mirror and says I dont exist, its only a mirror  grin

Looks like someone's feelings have been hurt here.  Did I touch a nerve?  I think I did.  Which means I am doing my job right.  GREAT.

OH,  yes.  I can insult your backward and barbaric religion and your obvious benightedness and get away free.  What are you gonna do about that?  What can you do?  C'mon, idiot, tell me. What can you do?

Yes, and you see the hypocricy in him.  He has the effronterie to swear and curse me.   Do you know what the notion of hypocrite is?  Does not your bible warns (of sorts) against such foul language and  yet you have the gall to poke your stinking arse at the injunction of the bible.

C'mon, go bury your smelly head in the cesspit of the bible and stick your stenchy arse out  to pollute the atmosphere in your home and churches, but don't bring that anywhere near the civilised world or company.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by manmustwac(m): 12:23am On May 30, 2009
Well Christians lets face the facts if everybody was an athiest there would've been no 9 11, there would be PEACE in the middle EAST no war Darfur or war in fomer Yugoslavia and the muslims and christians wouldn't be killing each other in Nigeria. Living on planet earth without religion would be like living in Heaven  smiley smiley
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by Nobody: 12:26am On May 30, 2009
manmustwac:

Well Christians lets face the facts if everybody was an athiest there would've been no 9 11, there would be PEACE in the middle EAST no war Darfur or war in fomer Yugoslavia and the muslims and christians wouldn't be killing each other in Nigeria. Living on planet earth without religion would be like living in Heaven  smiley smiley

1. you hypocrite is addressing the wrong crowd. What have christians to do with 911, middle east crisis or darfur?

2. What have we to do with the war between Serbs, bosnians and croats?

3. Are christians killing muslims in nigeria?

Dude you hate religion . . . but pls address the right pple.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by manmustwac(m): 12:34am On May 30, 2009
@Daviddylan
I guess your trying to tell me to post it in the islamic section then? wink
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by huxley2(m): 12:39am On May 30, 2009
manmustwac:

@Daviddylan
I guess your trying to tell me to post it in the islamic section then? wink

I suppose so. I have opened up a great thread for him and his ilk in the islamic section. Here is it.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 12:51am On May 30, 2009
Looks like someone's feelings have been hurt here.  Did I touch a nerve?  I think I did.  Which means I am doing my job right.  GREAT.

OH,  yes.  I can insult your backward and barbaric religion and your obvious benightedness and get away free.  What are you gonna do about that?  What can you do?  C'mon, idiot, tell me. What can you do?

Yes, and you see the hypocricy in him.  He has the effronterie to swear and curse me.   Do you know what the notion of hypocrite is?  Does not your bible warns (of sorts) against such foul language and  yet you have the gall to poke your stinking arse at the injunction of the bible.

C'mon, go bury your smelly head in the cesspit of the bible and stick your stenchy arse out  to pollute the atmosphere in your home and churches, but don't bring that anywhere near the civilised world or company.

You must be stupid to assume that You touched a nerve. If there is any nerve that you touched, its your mother's clit. Brainless slowpoke. Fools like you should be used as specimen to determine the heritage of baboons.

I just acquired a new hobby; destroying atheists. I love it and am having fun. I eat atheists for breakfast.

grin  WORD OF THE DAY: Please do me a favour; shoot an atheist. I will take full responsibility.  grin
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by huxley2(m): 12:56am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

You must be stupid to assume that You touched a nerve. If there is any nerve that you touched, its your mother's clit. Brainless slowpoke. Fools like you should be used as specimen to determine the heritage of baboons.

I just acquired a new hobby; destroying atheists. I love it and am having fun.

grin  WORD OF THE DAY: Please do me a favour; shoot an atheist. I will take full responsibility.  grin

See the sort of people religions breed.

davidylan:

1. you hypocrite is addressing the wrong crowd. What have christians to do with 911, middle east crisis or darfur?

2. What have we to do with the war between Serbs, bosnians and croats?

3. Are christians killing muslims in nigeria?

Dude you hate religion . . . but pls address the right pple.

[size=18pt]David,  what are you gonna say to your co-religionist who wants to shoot atheist for fun.   You see the type of warped marality religions breed?[/size]

Obviously, he cannot win the battle of idea on the intellectual level (having no brain cells) and want to resort to violence. This is nothing new in the history of Christian, for whenever they have lost on the intellectual field they usually turn to violence.

What happened to "turn the other cheek" you hypocrite?
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by JIL(m): 1:13am On May 30, 2009
Ladies and gentlemen, this brainless cadaver is talking about morality. Morality means nothing to an atheist and as an atheist eater it means nothing to me too.

Who is David, Is he also an atheist? Bring him on! I want to take every atheists one on one and show their parents how stupid they were to produce ugly ducklings like them.

What happened to "turn the other cheek"  you hypocrite?

Go and read your bible you fool. 'the other check' in an atheist-bible means an atheist backside.  grin

grin WORD OF THE DAY: Atheism is the real fuc*ing root of all fuc*ing evil. grin

Behold, I eat atheists for breakfast. They leave a bitter taste in the mouth & give an occational headache like Guilder.
Re: Atheism Is The Greatest Of All Evils (na Me Talk Am) by toneyb: 1:20am On May 30, 2009
JIL:

Ladies and gentlemen, this brainless cadaver is talking about morality. Morality means nothing to an atheist and as an atheist eater it means nothing to me too.

Who is David, Is he also an atheist? Bring him on! I want to take every atheists one on one and show their parents how stupid they were to produce ugly ducklings like them.

Go and read your bible you fool. 'the other check' in an atheist-bible means an atheist backside. grin

grin WORD OF THE DAY: Atheism is the real fuc*ing root of all fuc*ing evil. grin

Behold, I eat atheists for breakfast. They leave a bitter taste in the mouth & give an occational headache like Guilder.

grin grin. Son of god pls keep on doing the lord's work. You will be properly rewarded.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Keep Your Wife Away From Pastors, Many Pastors Are Demons & Lovers Of Money / Hubble Space Telescope Images And The Glory Of GOD - This Is Not A Coincidence / Does 'Jesus' Believe In Human Equality?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.