Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,321 members, 7,846,425 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 04:04 PM

.net offline but is back - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / .net offline but is back (1185 Views)

Website Is Offline!!!! / W3school Offline Website / Download Google Chrome Standalone Installer (offline) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.net offline but is back by Nobody: 3:08pm On Jan 17, 2012
. . .I thought the traffick will slow down with the subsidy but alas. . .

Solved temporarily, preparing to move to vps
Re: .net offline but is back by Slyr0x: 4:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
Buy a dedicated server and move on. .
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 5:19pm On Jan 17, 2012
Aye, will do that sir. . .
Re: .net offline but is back by binkabir(m): 5:30pm On Jan 17, 2012
VPS is a very good option to start with.
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 6:26pm On Jan 17, 2012
*Brings out biro and paper*
Re: .net offline but is back by sweetpawn1: 9:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
Take heart bro! Hope you find an everlasting solution.
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 9:51pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^patched temporarily for now. It is the subsidy period that delayed my getting money for vps. I should get a vps anytime from this week sha.
Re: .net offline but is back by teemy(m): 11:00pm On Jan 17, 2012
Have you tried requesting more bandwidth from your hosting company? It would probably cost you just a little more change - cost of doing business. By the way, more traffic means more income/earnings. Lol
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
^^^I have requested for that already. . . .
Re: .net offline but is back by teemy(m): 12:47am On Jan 18, 2012
@dhtml, you almost sacred me with that title when I partially read it. Abeg no do that kain tin again o.
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 6:56am On Jan 18, 2012
A site dies if it is not accessible now? I wonder how long it will take my host to fix it. . . .maybe i might have to wait till next month. I was too distracted by the subsidy stuff to pay attention. Lets see how it goes.
Re: .net offline but is back by binkabir(m): 8:01am On Jan 18, 2012
i have a VPS server that i can create a custom account 4 you. (including 2 dedicated IP)
if you are interested buzz me on yahoo.
Re: .net offline but is back by teemy(m): 8:53am On Jan 18, 2012
Your site will be up and running immediately your bandwidth is upped, shouldn't take time to do
Re: .net offline but is back by sweetpawn1: 9:05am On Jan 18, 2012
teemy:

@dhtml, you almost sacred me with that title when I partially read it. Abeg no do that kain tin again o.

*dhtml:

A site dies if it is not accessible now? I wonder how long it will take my host to fix it. . . .maybe i might have to wait till next month. I was too distracted by the subsidy stuff to pay attention. Lets see how it goes.

Actually, what teemy taught he saw was: Dhtmlxxxxxxx Dies , which is what anyone glancing and scrolling through the board would also see! So it could really be scary!
Re: .net offline but is back by teemy(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2012
@sweet-pawn Nail on the head!
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 10:30am On Jan 18, 2012
Aye, I gerrit now. Na so one of my friends changed his bb status to: hisname is gone - we all thought he was dead.
Anyway, am stil here - I was not the one shot durin the protest. Thanks for the concern.
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 10:50am On Jan 18, 2012
technically this can't happen if you're using Hostgator's baby plan abi?
Re: .net offline but is back by DualCore1: 11:03am On Jan 18, 2012
trae_z:

technically this can't happen if you're using Hostgator's baby plan abi?

What doesn't kill you in:

8.) Bandwidth Usage
You are allocated a monthly bandwidth allowance. This allowance varies depending on the hosting package you purchase. Should your account pass the allocated amount we reserve the right to suspend the account until the start of the next allocation, suspend the account until more bandwidth is purchased at an additional fee, suspend the account until you upgrade to a higher level of package, terminate the account and/or charge you an additional fee for the overages. Unused transfer in one month cannot be carried over to the next month.

Will kill you in:

Examples of unacceptable material on all Shared and Reseller servers include:

Topsites
IRC Scripts/Bots
Proxy Scripts/Anonymizers
Pirated Software/Warez
Image Hosting Scripts (similar to Photobucket or Tinypic)
AutoSurf/PTC/PTS/PPC sites
IP Scanners
Bruteforce Programs/Scripts/Applications
Mail Bombers/Spam Scripts
Banner-Ad services (commercial banner ad rotation)
File Dump/Mirror Scripts (similar to rapidshare)
Commercial Audio Streaming (more than one or two streams)
Escrow/Bank Debentures
High-Yield Interest Programs (HYIP) or Related Sites
Investment Sites (FOREX, E-Gold Exchange, Second Life/Linden Exchange, Ponzi, MLM/Pyramid Scheme)
Sale of any controlled substance without prior proof of appropriate permit(s)
Prime Banks Programs
Lottery/Gambling Sites
MUDs/RPGs/PBBGs
Hacker focused sites/archives/programs
Sites promoting illegal activities
Forums and/or websites that distribute or link to warez/pirated/illegal content
Bank Debentures/Bank Debenture Trading Programs
Fraudulent Sites (Including, but not limited to sites listed at aa419.org & escrow-fraud.com)
Push button mail scripts
Broadcast or Streaming of Live Sporting Events (UFC, NASCAR, FIFA, NFL, MLB, NBA, WWE, WWF, etc)
Tell A Friend Scripts

7a.) Resource Usage

User may not:
1) Use 25% or more of system resources for longer then 90 seconds. There are numerous activities that could cause such problems; these include: CGI scripts, FTP, PHP, HTTP, etc.
2) Run stand-alone, unattended server-side processes at any point in time on the server. This includes any and all daemons, such as IRCD.
3) Run any type of web spider or indexer (including Google Cash / AdSpy) on shared servers.
4) Run any software that interfaces with an IRC (Internet Relay Chat) network.
5) Run any bit torrent application, tracker, or client. You may link to legal torrents off-site, but may not host or store them on our shared servers.
6) Participate in any file-sharing/peer-to-peer activities
7) Run any gaming servers such as counter-strike, half-life, battlefield1942, etc
cool Run cron entries with intervals of less than 15 minutes.
9) Run any MySQL queries longer than 15 seconds. MySQL tables should be indexed appropriately.
10) When using PHP include functions for including a local file, include the local file rather than the URL. Instead of include("http://yourdomain.com/include.php") use include("include.php"wink
11) To help reduce usage, do not force html to handle server-side code (like php and shtml).
12) Only use https protocol when necessary; encrypting and decrypting communications is noticeably more CPU-intensive than unencrypted communications.

Those are all excerpts from http://www.hostgator.com/tos/tos.php
Re: .net offline but is back by iGuru1(m): 11:37am On Jan 18, 2012
@dhtml,
try www.centurymegasystem.com, they are just perfect for hosting your site.
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 11:52am On Jan 18, 2012
Thank you all for your contribs. Borrowed bandwidth temporarily pending final planz.
Re: .net offline but is back by teemy(m): 11:40pm On Jan 18, 2012
At last! Congrats on your revival
Re: .net offline but is back by Nobody: 7:32am On Jan 19, 2012
You mean ressurection eh? Thanks anyway.

(1) (Reply)

Nairaland And Smf / XMAS Web Design Promo / Whogohost Limited – Nigerian Hosting Company Launches Ultra Modern Office

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.