Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,423 members, 7,822,961 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. (1029 Views)

1 Dollar = 1 Naira: Buhari Approves An Exchange Rate Of N160 To $1 / How Lagos Spent N160 Bn World Bank Loan – Fashola / Who Needs Paypal Funds At N160/$1 Here??? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Alexanda07(m): 11:04pm On Jan 17, 2012
AWKA-
Apart from NNPC mega
stations which sell petrol at N97
per litre, most filing stations in
Anambra State were still selling
at N160 per litre as of Tuesday.
Some of the station attendants
said they were directed to sell at
the old prize because they were
old stock.

Though the queues at the mega
stations were unusually long,
motorists waited patiently for
their turns.

Many workers also reported for
duty on Tuesday and spent the
greater part of the day cleaning
their offices, just as the banks
recorded large number of
customers.

Motor parks in the state were
jam packed as many people who
returned home for Christmas
and New Year celebrations and
were trapped in the wake of the
fuel subsidy strike had started
returning to their various
destinations.

Transport fares were still high as
the commuters coughed N7000
for a journey to Lagos and Abuja
by bus.

Source:
www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/petrol-still-n160-in-anambra/
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by sbeezy8: 11:12pm On Jan 17, 2012
so what - isnt that around the non subsidy removal price.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Alexanda07(m): 11:29pm On Jan 17, 2012
I even wonder why they are complaining. N160 is not even good for them.

NNPC should be selling at N300 per litre or more to all South-East and South-South states Since they support the fuel subsidy removal and Never protest.

I think they are rich enough to afford it.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Papasboy: 11:34pm On Jan 17, 2012
Alexanda07:

I even wonder why they are complaining. N160 is not even good for them.

NNPC should be selling at N300 per litre or more to all South-East and South-South states Since they support the fuel subsidy removal and Never protest.

I think they are rich enough to afford it.

Exactly, They supported fuel subsidy removal and did not protest it, so let them deal with the price.
Next topic please.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 17, 2012
wetin - sebi igbos are financial supermen who cannot be held down
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by sbeezy8: 11:39pm On Jan 17, 2012
oyb:

wetin - sebi igbos are financial supermen who cannot be held down

yea they are big boys mehn
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by DisGuy: 11:48pm On Jan 17, 2012
not to worry lads the 1600 buses dey come that side

unfortunately GEJ forgot to order speedboats for his own people on Bayelsea
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Arkhin(m): 12:14am On Jan 18, 2012
You people go hear wen, you guys supported subsidy removal so enjoy your lot. Shebi you refuse to protest, mumu people.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by bashr8: 1:07am On Jan 18, 2012
Foolish yaribas and mallams even if petrol sell for 500 hundred Nair a per litre we will make you pay for it or have you forgotten we igbos are the manufacturers, the distributors, the traders and the importers of everything you buy and eat.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by aljharem(m): 1:11am On Jan 18, 2012
bashr8:

Foolish yaribas and mallams even if petrol sell for 500 hundred Nair a per litre we will make you pay for it or have you forgotten we igbos are the manufacturers, the distributors, the traders and the importers of everything you buy and eat.

why are we foolish ?

it is good to know Igbos are all that u mentioned and that is why we respect igbos in Nigeria. I do not see the reason for ur outburst undecided
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by bashr8: 1:22am On Jan 18, 2012
alj harem:

why are we foolish ?

it is good to know Igbos are all that u mentioned and that is why we respect igbos in Nigeria. I do not see the reason for your outburst undecided

Am very angry this year, I have not slept for days, don't make me mad, read all the comments before mine before asking me that dumb question.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Nchara: 1:54am On Jan 18, 2012
Fuel has never been cheap in the East, except from the NNPC mega stations
In very many places there, 160 +/- a few naira is more like what people pay for fuel even before the increase.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by aljharem(m): 1:57am On Jan 18, 2012
Nchara:

Fuel has never been cheap in the East, except from the NNPC mega stations
In very many places there, 160 +/- a few naira is more like what people pay for fuel even before the increase.
No that is a lie A BIG FAT LIE

fuel in the east has always been 65 naira- 85 naira at most in the most remote places

same in the west and same in the north

IN fact during the 65 naira price of fuel, the highest was around kebbi of about 90 naira a liter
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by MrGlobe(m): 2:20am On Jan 18, 2012
This is stale news. My igbo brothers say they could pay any amount for fuel so I think the NNPC station should stick at N141 while others a decent 250-400 a litre. There is good business there. They are capable. Since they have decided to follow ebele to the grave
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 18, 2012
They can afford N450 a litre. They are not complaining anyway.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by OneNaira6: 8:07am On Jan 18, 2012
Nigerians and fake stories. Nigerian news media are smart o!!!, you are working in a country full of ignorant indigienous so everything you write is belieavable to them. 

^^^^@OP
My aunt and her husband and middle son reside in Anambra state (Nnewi), her youngest daughter reside in Onicha, Anambra State, her eldest son in Aguleri and they disagree with petrol selling at N160 back there so biko, how many Anambra state do we have in Nigeria?

whatever puts you people to sleep at night.
Re: Petrol Still Sells At N160 In Anambra State. by jamace(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2012
not to worry lads the 1600 buses dey come that side

unfortunately GEJ forgot to order speedboats for his own people on Bayelsea
ROFLMAO grin

(1) (Reply)

Ippp What Does It Mean / Obama Birth Proof 'may Be Forged' / Fuel Will Be N140.00 Next Week ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.