Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,198 members, 7,822,045 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:05 AM

Starting A Livestock Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Livestock Business (9882 Views)

Livestock Business: Prices Of Livestock In Your Geopolitical Area. / Starting A Plantain Farming. / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Livestock Business by uduakuso(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2012
Hello house, please i want to start selling livestock feeds. I want to start with chicken feeds first, buying wholsale from either manufacturer or distributor but i don't know anything about the business especially preservation. Can d house guide and direct me please

1 Like

Re: Starting A Livestock Business by knowledge4(m): 6:49pm On Jan 18, 2012
You may start with Top Feeds.
Their Factory is along Acme Road in Ikeja Lagos.
You will be attached to a distributor who will be supplying you.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by uduakuso(m): 10:55pm On Jan 18, 2012
Please how much does the top cost if i'm buying from a distributor, and if i buy in large quantity can it stay up to six to one yeat without spoiling
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by papapee: 9:45am On Jan 19, 2012
Hello knowledgeable,do you have any contacts in Top feeds ,and if someone wants to supply them stuff like maize how do l go about it.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by niapay(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2012
I can supply you with medium scale 1.5 ton per hour feed mill at only N5.5m its can produce both pelleted feed and dust type feed for all type of poultry feed, and all animal and fish mill with continuous 24 hours operation of 36 tons, it can pay itself in less than 2-3 months send email to matheworama@gmail.com for detail specification.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by knowledge4(m): 3:07pm On Jan 26, 2012
How can you store poultry feed for up to one year without getting spoilt? It will get mouldy and stale.
Normally, you have to store them on wooden pellets in a cool dry place and where rats cannot access them.
The feed must be consumed within 2-3 weeks else it becomes unfit for the chickens' consumption.
Your store must be located in a strategic location and you should not do arm chair business waiting for any customer to come.
You have to go out to look for customers.However,the product is a high demand product because many people are going into poultry farming business now.You do not have to overstock your store.You may start with 50-100 bags and increase stock levels based on customer demand.
Do a google search for Top Feeds for their contact details.Then call them for details.They will attach you to a wholesaler closest to your location.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by knowledge4(m): 3:10pm On Jan 26, 2012
How can you store poultry feed for up to one year without getting spoilt? It will get mouldy and stale.
Normally, you have to store them on wooden pellets in a cool dry place and where rats cannot access them.
The feed must be consumed within 2-3 weeks else it becomes unfit for the chickens' consumption.
Your store must be located in a strategic location and you should not do arm chair business waiting for any customer to come.
You have to go out to look for customers.However,the product is a high demand product because many people are going into poultry farming business now.You do not have to overstock your store.You may start with 50-100 bags and increase stock levels based on customer demand.
Do a google search for Top Feeds for their contact details.Then call them for details.They will attach you to a wholesaler closest to your location.
Another major livestock feed is Boar Feeds. You can sell both Top Feeds and Boar Feeds in the same store in small quantities.
Another is Livestock Feeds. their website is www.livestockfeedsplc.com
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by Nobody: 7:32am On Feb 07, 2012
There is another business idea in the Livestock Business. You can check it out here http://smallbusiness.com.ng/setup-profitable-mini-livestock-feed-production-business-n180-000-monthly-production-outfit
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by knowledge4(m): 8:36am On Feb 07, 2012
The componded feed plan for layer and broiler chickens is formulated as follows:

Layers
Chick starter Mash 0-8 weeks
Grower Mash          9-20 weeks
Layer Mash             20 wks & above

Broilers
Broiler Starter Mash  0-5 weeks
Broiler Finisher          6 wks&above

The formulation ratio of the ingredients vary based on the stages of development of the chickens. For a copy of the report which contains the breakdown of the ingredients in their correct nutritional proportions, check www.johnayodele. for full details.
You need the report if you wish to do the compounding of the livestock feed by yourself.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by ultrazone(m): 8:03pm On Jan 17, 2015
mmm
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by babytejiri(m): 8:53pm On Aug 27, 2015
livestock products consumption behavior was analysed for both urban and rural households using a complete regional consumption dataset. Six livestock product expenditure share equations were estimated.
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by famhayy(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2015
Thank you @op for this thread. Please am also interested in starting one,but i want to add fish feed,livestock drugs and other animal products to my store. Am based in abeokuta,hw can i get this products in reasonable quantities to resell. And is it necessary i register my animal store as pharmacy owners do.Please all ideas will be highly appreciated
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by Samdurance(m): 7:34pm On Sep 03, 2016
knowledge4:

Don't You have a contact?
Re: Starting A Livestock Business by Samdurance(m): 7:46pm On Sep 03, 2016
knowledge4:

Do you have a contact person?

(1) (Reply)

Yoruba Name For Sesame Seeds / Any Maize Or Soya Beans Buyer (minimum 30 Tonnes) On Nairaland? / Invest In Cashew Farming And Get Returns For 50 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.