Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:55 PM

Risk Management Forum - Career (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Risk Management Forum (12827 Views)

Ican Study Packs: Governance, Risk And Ethics / Information Needed On Risk Management Certification / Be A Risk Management Professional (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Risk Management Forum by Victosin09(f): 6:10pm On Dec 09, 2013
Learning
Re: Risk Management Forum by DukeNija(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2014
kushkush:

Financial markets risk. I work with a bank. My first job.

Are you still in need of a financial risk management training and certification in Lagos? If yes, reply and contact me.
Re: Risk Management Forum by dotune(m): 9:13am On Jan 25, 2016
I must say that I have been duly educated and informed by the discussion on this thread. I have read how financial risk analysts and business management have defined risk management from their own perspective. I would also like to tell you at this point that, there's also risk management in the health care sector. And I will share with you how risk management is described in this field.

Who is a Risk Manager?

A health care Risk Manager develops and enforces a risk management program plan and enacts the changes in clinical practice, policy and procedure, and employee and medical staff behavior necessary to fulfill that plan. The purpose of the plan is to preserve the assets, reputation, and quality of care of an organization through a process that identifies and reduces or eliminates the risk of loss.

What does a Risk Manager do?

Risk management is defined as the process of making and carrying out decisions that will assist in the prevention of adverse consequences and minimize the adverse effects of accidental losses upon an organization. The risk management program is designed to identify, assess, prevent, and control losses that can arise from employee work-related injury, liability, property, regulatory compliance, and other loss exposures.It also encompasses the evaluation and monitoring of clinical practice to recognize and prevent patient injury.

The roles and responsibilities of Risk Managers vary widely. The Risk Manager’s functional areas of responsibility include loss prevention and reduction (clinical and non-clinical), claims management, risk financing, patient safety, and regulatory and accreditation compliance. Risk Managers work in a variety of health care settings, including acute care medical centers, integrated delivery systems, academic medical centers, behavioral care (substance abuse, mental health), ambulatory care, long-term care, and the insurance industry. Risk Managers are responsible for coordinating risk management activities with the medical staff, managers, and employees at all levels of the organization. This includes fostering an awareness of risk management practices and techniques through education and communication among senior management and the governing body, medical staff members, and employees at all levels.

What are the typical day-to-day activities of a Risk Manager?

A Risk Manager must deal with sensitive and confidential information that directly affects the organization’s public image and financial status. These activities may include:

managing claims against the organization
communicating with defense legal counsel
managing and analyzing risk management data
conducting risk management educational programs
triaging complaints and claims related to professional and general liability
coordinating insurance coverage and risk financing
complying with risk management standards established by The Joint Commission and other accrediting and regulatory agencies
In summary,

A Risk Manager is;

Responsible for loss prevention and reduction (clinical and non-clinical), claims management, risk financing, patient safety, and regulatory and accreditation compliance.
Develops and enforces risk management program plans, and enacts the changes in clinical practice, policy and procedure, and employee/medical staff behavior to preserve the organizations’ assets, reputation, and quality care.
Must communicate effectively, negotiate, remain objective, maintain confidentiality, organize, and prioritize issues.
Generally not engaged in direct patient care, but may provide support to a patient or family after an adverse event or medical error.
While studying as a public health scientist, risk management was an important subject we were taught in toxicology, and I would not mind pursuing it as a career. Further contribution will also be appreciated, thanks
Re: Risk Management Forum by MarketRisk: 11:35am On Feb 08, 2016
Hi,

Take a look at www.marketrisktraining.com

It is an intensive, 1-month, analytics-focused, hands-on training course designed to cover the key aspects of Market Risk (what is Market Risk?) taught from a practical perspective by a Market Risk BA SME

This online training course starts from foundation level (starting from the basics) and candidates learn by developing their own risk engine components, gaining actual practical knowledge required to secure a job in Market Risk as a Business Analyst, and/or be more successful in a current role

Classes are held on weekends and streamed online live. Recorded class videos are also available after each session. Candidates who attend the full course over 4 weeks and pass all assessments receive the MRT™ certification, qualifying for Market Risk jobs and becoming job ready in 1 month

This course is ideal for individuals looking to start a career as a Market Risk Business Analyst, Risk Business Analyst, Quant Business Analyst, or anyone interested in acquiring/increasing their knowledge of Risk analytics implementations as actually done at work in a bank
Re: Risk Management Forum by cbravo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 11, 2016
RELEVANCE OF RISK MANAGEMENT IN PUBLIC CORPORATION (A STUDY OF NIGERIA AIRSPACE MANAGEMENT AGENCY)

http://www.bravoprojecthelp.com/insurance/relevance-of-risk-management-in-public-corporation/
Re: Risk Management Forum by cbravo(m): 7:29am On May 07, 2017
Re: Risk Management Forum by cbravo3: 7:31am On May 07, 2017
Re: Risk Management Forum by Nobody: 11:16pm On May 07, 2017
ahhh... Nice

Risk Management Professional here also.

Safety Risk Management to be precise.

ISO 31000 Trained. Directly trained by Professor Gilles Motet. One of the members of the ISO committee that worked on 31000.

Wonderful topic.
Re: Risk Management Forum by Lero15(m): 9:46pm On Jun 17, 2017
toptop:
Hi guys, I am a student member of PRMIA and i am preparing for my first exam. Please can anyone provide me with information on where to purchase TI-30XS Multimedia view in nigeria? Urgent assistance will be appreciated.

Hello. Please I need info on prmia. Thanks.
Re: Risk Management Forum by analystk: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2018
Hi people,

First Quartile Professionals have commenced FRM Part 1 classes.

Venue: First Quartile Professionals, A11/12 Patsy Plaza, 359 Ebitu Ukiwe Street, Opposite RCCG Desire of Nations, Jabi, Abuja.
Time: 9am Saturdays & 12.30pm Sundays
Phone no: 08088289520

FRM Approved Calculators are available:
Texas Instruments BA II Plus
Texas Instruments BA II Plus Professional
HP 12C Platinum

We look forward to working with you as your FRM exam prep partner.
Re: Risk Management Forum by okitejoseph: 6:09am On Mar 30, 2018
One of the first things smart business ventures do first to calculate there risk portfolio, they will then know how to channel there investments....
https://www.creditpent.com/credit-analysis-done-principles-objectives-credit-analysis/
Re: Risk Management Forum by desoladearie(f): 3:31pm On May 29, 2019
Pls I am interested in FRM as well as PRM. I sent a pm to u.

RixExpat:
Hello FRM Candidates,

I want to have an idea about the number of candidates preparing for the FRM Exam as I am planning to start an FRM tutorial center here in Lagos. If the number is reasonable, I will approach some other high profile individua[b][/b]ls and prospective tutors who are also certified FRMs and some of whom are also CFA charter holders so we can commence an FRM tutorial center in Lagos. Lectures may not commence before the next 2013 November exam considering the logistics that need to be put in place but we can provide mentoring for those who may need that for the November exam.

Regards.
Re: Risk Management Forum by Goldman360: 9:42pm On Sep 17, 2019
Evaluation of Management by Objective and its Applications in Financial Institutions in Nigeria. (A Case Study of Union Bank of Nigeria Plc New Market Road, Onitsha).

It strengthens interpersonal relationships, it provides a coaching frame work and eliminates weak appraisal methods. To the organization. It induces managerial effectiveness as a central value, facilitates reward criteria, identifies advancement potential and development needs and facilitates change.

http://www.scharticles.com/evaluation-of-management-by-objective-and-its-applications-in-financial-institutions-in-nigeria/

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Chevron: No Plan To Migrate Jobs Outside Nigeria / Lawyers In The House Please Help. Can I Leave My New Job Without Issue / Aptech, NIIT Or Karrox For Oracle Certificatification?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.