Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:04 AM

Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted (23664 Views)

Shares Fraud At The Nigerian Stock Exchange (CSCS) / Website For Analysing The Nigerian Stock Market? / Dangote Resumes As President Of Nigerian Stock Exchange (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by dividend06(m): 2:29pm On Mar 16, 2006
Need Past Financial Data For Companies On The NSE

I am currently writing on companies listed on the market. (Analysis of Capital Structure (Pre SAP, Post SAP era up until Pre Consolidation)

Does anyone have access to Past Financial Data for Companies listed on the NSE? (Last 5 years will be adequate)

Have tried the http://www.nigerianstockexchange.com/index.jsp ! No luck
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2006
i do , what exactly do you want,
Financial STatements or Stock prices
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by Seun(m): 10:04pm On Apr 21, 2006
In his own words, "Past Financial Data for Companies listed on the NSE." Thanks in advance. wink
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:23pm On Apr 22, 2006
Past Financial Data could strictly mean Financial Statements & Annual Accounts (P&L, Cashflow & Balance sheet)
I have hardcopies of at least 70% of listed NSE companies.

Or you could mean key financial ratios such as EPS, PE, PEG, EBITDA, PBV etc (That is Financial Data as well) which i can generate softcopies in excel for.

Or, if you meant stock prices, corporate actions (bonuses, dividends new issues) company results, trades and NSE index for the past 10 years. I have that and can generate in Excel or Access database,

Either option, it is too large to send electronically. minimum of 10mb, i doubt Seun would like that sort of space-hugger on Nairaland

Statement of Accounts alone is 70MB+

Do you have any ideas how you would want it delivered?
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by shockreaction(m): 2:29pm On Apr 22, 2006

1 Like

Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 2:51pm On Apr 22, 2006
I like the site, I have access to an account, unfortunately most of their financials only go back 2yrs.

I just registered for a "Free" pro account, hope it gives more access and is faster to load data than the current one.

thanks
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by dividend06(m): 1:27pm On Apr 24, 2006
Thanks guys for the info. Nice one
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by samm(m): 6:34pm On May 05, 2006
LagerwhenInDoubt, I have a need for all past financial data on Nigerian companies listed on the exchange as well. Let me know if you can supply the data so we can figure out the best way to have it sent. Thanks in Advance.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by ebony9ja(m): 2:00pm On May 22, 2006
Visit the corporate websites of the companies you are interested in. Although most companies do not update their websites regularly but you will likely get previous financials statement of 2 to 3 years and in some cases their past annual reports.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by seeker(m): 11:31am On May 23, 2006
@lagerwhenindoubt. Man, you've got that much information? That sort of info is gold, at least to me. I've been desperately looking for such. Is there any way of sharing it?
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by fisayo: 6:11am On Jun 12, 2006
lagerwhenindoubt I can't imagine that you have all these info (NSE-Share-Index, price, etc)! I'm also in desperate need of it cause I'm currently working on a school project and I have need of this massive information. I'm thinking of a way that the information can be hosted on an ftp server for some time so that others will have access to it. I will, however, love to communication with you individually. My mail is fisayo@bluebottle.com. Thanks a lot.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by DJNiyi(m): 10:14am On Jun 17, 2006

I like the site,  I have access to an account, unfortunately most of their financials only go back 2yrs.

I just registered for a "Free" pro account,  hope it gives more access and is faster to load data than the current one.
Hello guys,

As the lead designer/developer of the SBA Terminal, I just want to correct the quote above.

The Terminal definitely has more than two years of data. In many cases, it dates further than 5 years. There is a link at the top-right of the Financials screen called "Options" that allows you to set the period for which to data will be displayed. For practicality reasons, one can't show 10 years of data on one screen.

Furthermore, the free version doesn't give access to the technical analytics and stock screener that allows one to ask the system arbitrary questions like "Find me companies that have a dividend yield greater than 5% and a net profit margin above the banking industry's average and a PE ratio below x"

The system is very versatile. One just needs to be familiar with its vast range of features, many of which, admittedly are in the Pro Analyst premium version.

Thanks

Niyi
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:13am On Jun 22, 2006
@DJNiyi .
more grease to ya elbows,
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by Gomez(m): 2:03am On Feb 12, 2008
Lagerwhenindougbt

Got some materials that are nice will love to get to talk to you about the data
email me at ihesiepeter@yahoo.com
thanks

1 Like

Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by DivineOke(f): 10:21am On Mar 11, 2009
Hi,

I am doin a research on forecasting stock prices using artificial neural networks, I need access to company statements and financial data for a number of companies starting from 2003. My e-mail ad is anointed_oke@yahoo.com. I'ld be very grateful if anyone could assist me in getting data.

Thanks a mil.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by BasicSS: 3:01pm On Apr 29, 2009
Lagerwhenindougbt

I seem you could be able to assist me , I need pdf copies of annual reports of some Nigeria listed companies .
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by ms2rat: 2:30am On Jul 14, 2009
Hi Lagerwhenindoubt,

I don't know if you still have the daily or weekly price list of all stock listed on the NSE since 1st Jan 1999 till 31st Dec 2008, the daily/weekly All share index during this same period and also the rate for 91 days FGN treasury bills from 1st Jan 1999 till 31st Dec 2008. I would be very gld if i can get all these data as i'm workng on my disseration which is empirically testing the capital asset pricing model using stocks listed on the NSE.

Please anyone can help me i would be very glad my email address is chatwtyemmy@yahoo.com

Regards

Opeyemi.

NB

Hi Niyi, i tried going to your site but it seems to have been shut down.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by Ddondd: 6:17pm On Jul 27, 2009
anybody know where i can get stock data analysis for most of the companies in nigeria
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by ecn610: 1:16pm On Oct 10, 2009
I am interested in stock market data for companies listed on the Nigeria Stock Exchange. More specifically, I need the daily Open, Close, High and Low market price data, volume, outstanding shares, fundamental data like PE, EPS, etc, as well as market indices for at least the past five years. if you have more, I would appreciate it. Please note that I am willing to pay a reasonable fee for this data. If you can point me to where I can get it, all well and good. In going through the thread, one Lagerwhenindoubt appeared to have the type of information of interest to me. I would therefore appreciate it if "Lagerwhenindoubt" or indeed any person who could point in the right direction would contact me. You may reach me at ecn610@yahoo.com.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by damijo89: 12:25pm On Nov 30, 2009
pls lagerwhenindoubt, pls am also in nid of as many annual reports for companies listed on the NSE,

this is ma e-mail addy, damijo4life@yahoo.com
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by vidibon200: 12:26pm On Dec 13, 2009
Hi, LargerWhenInDoubt. Pls I am trying to lay my hands on the annual reports of companies in the air-conditioning industry. Thermocool, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Newclime, Holtstar. Dont know if you can send them to me on vidibon2000@yahoo.com or please, if you can , can you just let me know their net sales and profits for the past three years. Thanks a bunch.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by risingdamp: 11:35am On Apr 20, 2010
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by STExpert: 6:16pm On Apr 21, 2010
Simply check this broker's site, www.cashcraft.com or www.zenithregistrar.com
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by eveyeve: 3:14pm On Nov 07, 2010
hi uhm just joined nairaland cause i found some interesting topics. but specifically rite now i need annual reports on some listed manufacturing companies like nigerian breweries,nestle,cadbury,7up bottling company,guiness and PZ.have read all the posts and none have been helpful.thank you
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by mongran: 10:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
IF you need historical and up to date market data information for the Nigerian Stock Exchange, Visit www.mongranfinancials.com. Open a FREE Premium Account and you can get historical data and charts.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by mybigmind: 11:43pm On Jun 22, 2011
Check Volta Markets @ http://www.voltamarkets.com/symbol_lookup?q= ,  I think they are the best.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by mongran: 1:11pm On Jun 23, 2011
MonGran has also developed a mobile platform for the Nigerian Capital Market along with its realtime interactive platform. First, register FREE on Mongran at http://www.mongranfinancials.com. Second, point your mobile smartphone device (Blackberry, Android etc) phone to Http://m.mongranfinancials.com.
MonGran delivers at your finger tips, anytime anywhere the Nigerian Capital Market FREE.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by chibzy(m): 5:47pm On Aug 14, 2011
Hi lagerwhenindoubt, i am interested in companies with qualified auditor's report in their annual reports for any year. I am working on an assignment. My email address is eteman2@yahoo.com. Thanks.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 10:57pm On Aug 15, 2011
chibzy:

Hi lagerwhenindoubt, i am interested in companies with qualified auditor's report in their annual reports for any year. I am working on an assignment. My email address is eteman2@yahoo.com. Thanks.

Sorry. I am like 6 years behind on data. it will take a leap of faith to follow the capital market like I once did
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by chibzy(m): 8:24pm On Aug 18, 2011
Ok, thanks. Although i'm not looking for recent reports but i understand.
Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by gagafierce: 7:10pm On Aug 08, 2012
please i need the annual reports and accounts of indigenous oil and gas exploration companies in Nigeria URGENTLY!!!.

please can anyone help?

thanks and God bless as you do so.

1 Like

Re: Financial Data For Companies In The Nigerian Stock Exchange Wanted by stockbull(m): 6:35pm On Jan 28, 2013
error

(1) (2) (Reply)

MMM: 7 Reasons Why Real Entrepreneurs Are Not Interested / Fixed Deposit And Treasury Bill Investments From Abroad / MTN Nigeria Will Be A Public Liability Company (PLC) In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.