Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,215 members, 7,953,800 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:50 AM

Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours (3732 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / My Husband Maltreats And Subjects Me To Vaginal Test: Wife Tells Judge / I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by sophy09: 4:49am On Jan 20, 2012
I am sure if I am right about this or not, but I have noticed something about some relationships and marriages. Both parties are always like they don't want what

happened to their parents happen in their relationship. The thing is most times these people are killing their relationship. They think they are preventing mishaps

not realizing that they are killing relationship. Most times they don't want to be taken for a fool so there are quick to react most times in a negative manner.

I have found myself in situations like these whereby my reactions to something as little as a tease blown to the highest heavens. I do things like so that my

case won't be like some else who was to blind not see those little black dots or so I won't be taken for a ride.

I noticed the same thing too happening to my friend and she was like she does not want what her dad did to her mum happen to her. So she tends to be very

very strict with her husband.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by bigbumper(f): 6:40am On Jan 20, 2012
Ehn hen, go on, oya aluta continua, I'm all ears. . .

. . .You never finish to yarn the story na. . .and pls don't tell me I need goggles too biko cry
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by Nobody: 7:36am On Jan 20, 2012
RRR
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by Nobody: 10:12am On Jan 20, 2012
We are all products of our experiences. We also have to treat people on individual basis,not transfer our fears into our rships that is why sometimes you need to let your partner know where you are coming from.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by mutter(f): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2012
Sometimes it is better to leave things that happened in the past unsaid.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by ronkebp(f): 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2012
Working on your relationships especially when comparing it with other peoples', i don't think there is anything wrong with it, the way you go about doing it, is the problem. We all need wisdom in everything, especially how to treat our partners and when to raect to things, even how to react. Sometimes pulling out your hairs would work, while other times, just keep quiet and let it pass.

My mum used to tell us kids, to pick only those good qualities from her relationship with my dad and leave out those things we do not like, and it has been working for me. What works for A might not work for B.

The best thing is to make God/Christ or whoever you worship a solid foundation for your marraige.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by iice(f): 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2012
To each his/her own.

Am i my mother? No.
Is he my father? No.
Patterns will only repeat because they are patterns.
Having one or two traits does not constitute a whole being.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by lao(f): 8:54pm On Jan 20, 2012
I think at times one needs to look at other people's situations to determine where he/she is going. In case of a guy leaving behind his gf and telling her not to worry I will send for you. Based on others who have been in this kind of situation the next thing that comes mostly to mind is I know you are a gunner grin.
So for me I tend to weigh other people's situation as well as mine and I make the best decision.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jan 20, 2012
No need carrying someone else's baggage even if that some one else is a parent.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by MariaGoretti: 10:40am On Jan 21, 2012
Na so[color=#006600][/color]
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by ojubi(m): 11:25am On Jan 21, 2012
Dat is y when idle nigerian girl finish watching nollywood dem think say we de lik jim Iyk and Emeka Ike.
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by chelseabmw(m): 11:26am On Jan 21, 2012
only girls here. . . .Where are the guys now. . . . .No wonder all this girls always judge us with their past relationship undecided

John,my ex boy bought me a bb torch fone along with brazilian weavon undecided Am not getting anytin in this relationship shocked
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by 27naira(m): 11:38am On Jan 21, 2012
chelseabmw:

only girls here. . . .Where are the guys now. . . . .No wonder all this girls always judge us with their past relationship undecided

John,my ex boy bought me a bb torch fone along with brazilian weavon undecided Am not getting anytin in this relationship shocked

ojubi:

Dat is y when idle nigerian girl finish watching nollywood dem think say we de lik jim Iyk and Emeka Ike.

grin grin
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by harakiri(m): 12:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
It's only a dunce that doesn't learn from the mistakes of others. EVERYBODY does what the poster is talking about so. . .what's the news?

@Poster

Are you trying to create the impression that you've never ever in your life based your decision/actions due to the mistakes of others? Can you honestly admit that? Get real with yourself. . .EVERYTHING that you are today is borrowed from the achievements/failures of others (from your education to relationships).

Think your topics through first before posting abeg. It's not a must to open threads.

[s]***Good grief. . .Now i remember why i got tired of coming to nairaland***[/s]
Re: Using Other People's Relationship To Judge Yours by fred2265: 1:39pm On Jan 21, 2012

(1) (Reply)

My Home Is About To Break Pls Help / I Dont Love Who Igot Married To-she Is An American Citizen / Buy Persica Seed In Nigeria (weight Loss, Staph Infection, Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.