Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,360 members, 7,860,965 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:56 PM

Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones (2848 Views)

Who Has Used These Chinese Online Shopping Sites / Code For Flashing Nokia Phones / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by texazzpete(m): 9:30am On Oct 20, 2007
tope_teadr:

@texazzpete please tell me more about phone platforms i wish to learn. But if you connect a phone that has windows mobile as it os to your pc you'll know that you don't need a driver to configure it. But if you can get it to browse go to getjar.com

Nokia phones run the Symbian OS. The Smartphones (Nseries, 6630 etc) run Series 60, which is a far more powerful OS than the Series 40 that runs on the slimmer phones.
Check out the pic below of the Nokia 6630. You see the button i circled? That's the menu button, and as far as i know it's present in all nokia symbian series 60 phones.

Windows mobile phones are pretty distinctive, they always have the typical windows start menu icon up top! Most of 'em are pocket pc type devices anyway, and usually have stylus input.

Hope that helps

Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by topeteadr(m): 12:23pm On Oct 20, 2007
@texazzete i guess you are confused, that is why you don't understand what you posted.
I hope you clearly know that windows mobile is advance than windows xp. Just note that and i hope you know that the same virus that crashes a pc is the one that crashes those windows mobile smart phone. And the reason why it is hard to repair is b'cos you'll have to look for another windows mobile software to upload into that phone which is very difficult to find. And talking about phone os, i hope you clearly know that the os of a phone determine what kind of application runs on it, and it is possible to flash your phone from a j2me platform and upgrade it to a symbian os which allows your phone to recieve applications that are .sis
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by topeteadr(m): 12:27pm On Oct 20, 2007
And tommyking the only advice that i can give you now is to flash your phone and upload the original n95 into it. But look for the original n95 software before you flash your phone.
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by texazzpete(m): 12:44pm On Oct 22, 2007
tope_teadr:

@texazzete i guess you are confused, that is why you don't understand what you posted.
I hope you clearly know that windows mobile is advance than windows xp. Just note that and i hope you know that the same virus that crashes a pc is the one that crashes those windows mobile smart phone. And the reason why it is hard to repair is b'because you'll have to look for another windows mobile software to upload into that phone which is very difficult to find. And talking about phone os, i hope you clearly know that the os of a phone determine what kind of application runs on it, and it is possible to flash your phone from a j2me platform and upgrade it to a symbian os which allows your phone to recieve applications that are .sis

@tope
NEVER, EVER dispute anything tech related with me. I'm an authority on such things, believe me. I've used three symbian series 60 phones (Ngage, 6600, 6630) and 2 Windows mobile phones (Xda Mini, HTC TytN) and the information you've just posted is totally wrong.
Read about windows mobile here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_mobile

Now, here's a dare. Name any j2me only phone that you can flash to Symbian series 60 OS, prove it by flashing it and you'll get N100000 from me, tax free.

You should always strive to learn from people who know better than you do instead of disputing valid information.
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by topeteadr(m): 3:21pm On Oct 24, 2007
That's what i'm saying you are confused.
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by texazzpete(m): 3:25pm On Oct 24, 2007
tope_teadr:

That's what i'm saying you are confused.

ah. What a child you are.
The sad thing is, you could actually have learnt something from me. Your choice to remain mired in ignorance.
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by topeteadr(m): 7:34pm On Oct 24, 2007
well i'll show you a phone you can flash to series 60

nokia 5610

You should know that nokia 6500 is a series 60 phone and dosent have that useless button[img][/img] check thishttp://img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/nokia-6500slide.gif

any doubt's should be posted

Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by texazzpete(m): 8:13am On Oct 25, 2007
tope_teadr:

well i'll show you a phone you can flash to series 60

nokia 5610

You should know that nokia 6500 is a series 60 phone and dosent have that useless button[img][/img] check thishttp://img.gsmarena.com/vv/bigpic/nokia-6500slide.gif

any doubt's should be posted

Both the Nokia 5610 and the 6500 are Series 40 phones NOT Series 60. There's a big difference. please do your research well next time, k?
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by Juror: 8:26am On Oct 25, 2007
I d0nt tink its p0ssible 2 upgrade a s40 to s60 . Itz just lyk saying u want ur canoe to fly
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by Juror: 8:32am On Oct 25, 2007
Of c0urse ur canoe can fly. .but thats if u put it on a plane, haha
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by thegenie(m): 11:17am On Oct 26, 2007
Alright, let me clarify things: those phones are NOT nokia phones!!! Worse, they don't support java, which means you CANNOT install anything on them. But then, they come very cheap, anyone should become suspicious. I was once shown a "nokia 8800" for N25K, when the phone was still N100K. What did I do? I typed *#0000# (should present Nokia phone firmware version, and year of manufacture), but nothing showed. Another test, (if the phone supports bluetooth) is *#2820# (should present the blootooth mac address). Some of these phones merely copy the exterior designs of Nokia (sometimes spelt NOKLA), and some don't even copy any known Nokia design. The idea is to cash into the popularity of Nokia phones (Chinese government explicitly encourages copying)!! So watchout guys/gals, SON (Standards Organization of Nigeria) aint doing anything, else these fake, substandard, copied phones would be stopped from entering this country.
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by thegenie(m): 11:48am On Oct 26, 2007
, and for tope_teadr, I think you should learn from texazzpete. the phones you mentioned (5610 and 6500 are both s40 phones, and run Nokia OS, NOT Symbian OS. (http://www.forum.nokia.com/devices/matrix_all_1.html for all Nokia phones specifications). s40 phones don't have the hardware to support s60, so you can't upgrade them; all s60 phones have that menu key!. also, windows mobile HAS no relationship with windows xp other than both come from microsoft. windows mobile is a version of windows ce (ce: consumer electronics), and was develped independently of the pc OS. virus software written to attack microsoft pc OS CANNOT attack ce OS, except the code is modified fo that platform. now tope, learn to listen, analyze, research , i stop here
Re: Somebody Plz Help Me Out On These Chinese Nokia Phones by nytrozd: 8:43am On Sep 02, 2009
ive got one for sale,its a nokia e71 pro,its in abuja,call 08035549089 or mail daked001@hotmail.com

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Use Opera 4.25 Mod As Pc(xp) Browser: / Glo Netpro Not Working / Blackberry Price In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.