Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,554 members, 7,819,988 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:01 AM

Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? (9125 Views)

The Best Network For BIS In Nigeria / Please Which Is The Best Network For Bis Blackberry / Bestt Network 4 Downloadin 4 Bb Users (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 2:07pm On Jan 20, 2012
D other day i did bisday on airtel, but 2 my amasement it stopped working after my 10mb got used up. So pls guys which network offers unlimited in terms of gb and how much?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 2:09pm On Jan 20, 2012
Can i also use my BIS subscription on pc?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by afrobaby(f): 2:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
i use bcm on airtel, #1400 per month, i dont think dia is a limit cos i never got any limitations, my husband uses BIS mtn #3000 monthly and its fast too, but I didnt subscribe to the mtn #3000 because it is too expensive, really i can say dis is the difference btwn mtn #3000 and airtel #1400
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 3:26pm On Jan 20, 2012
afrobaby:

i use bcm on airtel, #1400 per month, i dont think dia is a limit cos i never got any limitations, my husband uses BIS mtn #3000 monthly and its fast too, but I didnt subscribe to the mtn #3000 because it is too expensive, really i can say dis is the difference btwn mtn #3000 and airtel #1400
thanks 4 the prompt reply. What is the data cap of that ur 1400 airtel, doh its now 1200. Use dis to check ur data balance and tell me wot u see cos am a download guy. *123*10# or *141*712*0#
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2012
Bb users help
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 5:17am On Jan 21, 2012
Wow the phone section is dead
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by aieromon(m): 2:16pm On Jan 21, 2012
There is no best network for BIS.Look at your location and decide the network most people use for their Blackberry.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by dragnet: 2:42pm On Jan 21, 2012
aieromon:

There is no best network for BIS.Look at your location and decide the network most people use for their Blackberry.
Drag Net likes this
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 3:32pm On Jan 21, 2012
So no network offers unlimited data?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by saintkola(m): 6:23pm On Jan 21, 2012
Mtn offers unlimited data for 3k a month.
Airtel offers 1gig for N1400
Glo offers 3gb
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 8:29am On Jan 22, 2012
saintkola:

Mtn offers unlimited data for 3k a month.
Airtel offers 1gig for N1400
Glo offers 3gb

fnx man
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by webmanlag: 5:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
Very good topic. I can only comment on the service I use now, which is Glo. Though I am yet to make a comparison with other providers, the glo BIS is quite unstable in my location, off akerele in surulere.

I had initially subscribed because they are supposed to have a wide area of 3g coverage. I am going to try etisalat next because I really am not getting the service I paid for with Glo.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Emeka72(m): 9:55am On Jan 24, 2012
^ Glo network is very unstable, in fact, it is d worst network for BIS.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by dragnet: 10:45am On Jan 24, 2012
Emeka 7.:

. . .and how do you know ?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by aieromon(m): 11:57am On Jan 24, 2012
Emeka 7.:

My girlfriend uses Glo 3G BIS and has never complained about the service.
Like I said before,it all boils down to the location.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by honsule(m): 1:01pm On Jan 24, 2012
I guess etisalat #1500 complete package hv unlimited data too.But A̶̲̥̅♏ not ready †̥☺ try IT̶̲̥̅ with Edge.it may end up bein a̶̲̥̅ frustration †̥☺ me.fo® now I stick †̥☺ ♍y Airtel BCM
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Emeka72(m): 6:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
I have never used glo for phone WAP browsing. Thier network is always fumbling.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by OtunbaGm: 7:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
Your location is the most important thing,I am using Glo but I do experience downtime then I tried MTN cos of their coverage cos I travel a lot.

My submission is that your location is paramont. Glo gives 3GB for 1400 whlie MTN gives 200MB for 1500 but the most annoything is that I have never exhausted more than 200MB of the 3Gb and it is paining me.

If I want to watch you tube video,it will zap my credit. I really want to burn my data, some pls help me with the settings
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Emeka72(m): 5:29pm On Jan 26, 2012
Glo network service is too poor for browsing on My phone; it doesn't even work with Opera-mini.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by coogar: 5:32pm On Jan 26, 2012
aieromon:

good response!

i still don't understand why people ask these questions about the best network this or that.

who owns the nearest mast your house? find out which network provider owns that mast.
that should be your best network regardless of what people tell you. . . . . .the closer you are to a mast, the better services you get!
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Nobody: 2:29am On Feb 05, 2012
Try all "spirits" to know where you belong?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Lexusgs430: 3:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
coogar:

good response!

i still don't understand why people ask these questions about the best network this or that.

who owns the nearest mast your house? find out which network provider owns that mast.
that should be your best network regardless of what people tell you. . . . . .the closer you are to a mast, the better services you get!

What about if the poster is homeless ?
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by wandeay: 7:35pm On Feb 06, 2012
GLO na baba, GLO na oga, GLO na master, very very very very very very very very fast 3G, EDGE, GPRS and their WAP services, its awesome, BB subscription monthly 3GB - N1300 only, other phones, N1000 - 200MB monthly, awesome!
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Emmykeyz(m): 2:56pm On Feb 07, 2012
HMMM, WELL IT ACTUALLY DEPENDS ON WHERE U ARE. CUZ BELIEVE ME, 3G IS A VERY IMPORTANT FACTOR!!!!!

BUT FRM MY EXPERIENCE, IN LAGOS, ITS
1. GLO
2. ETISALAT
3. MTN
4. AIRTEL

AND FOR THE BANDWIDTHS

GLO - 3GB
ETISALAT - 1GB
MTN 3.5GB
AIRTEL - 1 GB

I HAD TO USE ALL D NETWORKS TO DETERMINE. AND DOWNLOADED TO BE ABLE TO DETERMINE D DOWNLOAD SPEED ALSO.

MAXIMUM DOWNLOAD SPEED I HAVE RECORDED WITH 3G ARE:

GLO - 215KBPS
ETISALAT - 182KBPS
MTN - 166KBPS
AIRTEL - 120KBPS

I STAY IN MARYLAND IKEJA.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 8:16am On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks for d prompt replies
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by N101: 9:19am On Feb 08, 2012
@ OP, there's a difference between BIS and BCM. BCM is a cheaper, reduced version of BIS. So the N1400 package is not the same as the N3000 package by Airtel for example. If in doubt, check their website.

@ Emmykeyz, it would be more accurate to say those are the best IN YOUR OPINION, as it does not represent all of Lagos nor Nigeria. I'm not that far from you and Glo and Etisalat are the worst networks, in fact at the best of times Etisalat doesn't work at all. MTN may be more expensive but it actually works, even during bad weather. Airtel will work so long as there are no clouds and it isn't raining. So what works in one location may not work in another neighbourhood.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by chucky234(m): 10:26am On Feb 08, 2012
You have all contributed greatly to this thread

In my opinion Airtel is the best with BIS,I have Etisalat,GLO,and MTN SIMs and have tried them all in my BBs. Etisalat and Glo recorded the worst performances,MTN is ok but unreliable especially with their charges.
I was using the Airtel BIS which cost #3000 a month and decided to switch to BCM on January 2nd,2012 for only #1,400. To my greatest surprise the bundle served me till 2nd of Febbruary,2012 despite being a very heavy browser. I renewed the package on the 2nd of February 2012 and as at this morning my data balance is 1,270.80MB which is more than 1GB as 1GB equals 1024MB.
To me its unlimited because I can access the internet,download and chat 24/7 without hitch for 31days,its amazing at #1,400.
I will advice anyone to for Airtel for BB for the effective cost,efficient and convenient services as well as wilder 3G coverage.

1 Like

Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 10:40am On Feb 08, 2012
I just subscribed to mtn 1500 bb plan and was given a token of 200mb. Am so fuckèd ryt now
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by chucky234(m): 10:45am On Feb 08, 2012
@rekeson,that's annoying because with #1,400 you would gotten more than 1GB from Airel BCM.
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by rekeson: 10:51am On Feb 08, 2012
chucky234:

@rekeson,that's annoying because with #1,400 you would gotten more than 1GB from Airel BCM.
I was deceived by a friend that d MTN 1500 is unlimited if not I use to do d airtel 1400 which gives 1GB
Re: Blackberry: Which Is The Best Network 4 Bis? by Emeka72(m): 11:32am On Feb 10, 2012
I think Airtel bundle is quite ok.

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Is Giving Out 10 Iphone XS Max At #4,200 Each / Download full Pes 2020 ISO PPSPP Game with Pes 2021 kits and Transfer / How To Send Files From An Android To Iphone Using Xender

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.