Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 PM

Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? (7618 Views)

Help! My Gums Are Trying To Overshadow My Teeth! / Gums Bleeding While Brushing / Are Dark Gums Sings Of Infection And Bad Oral Hygiene? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by Ceekay(m): 12:41am On Jan 23, 2012
Good Nairalanders Pls Help Me,
Or i may be toothless before 30 (I'm 23)!  embarassed cry cry

I have a case of bleeding gums, owing to my poor oral hygiene over the years.
When i brush my teeth, it bleeds all the time.
Even when i eat foods that require repeating biting off and chewing (like bread, oranges, infact anything that i put in my mouth and remove) i usually see
Traces of blood on them. I googled it, and i think its called plaque or tartar
How do i scrape off the plaque, what do i use?? How do i stop the bleeding
I cant even brush because i'll lose i pint of blood, or floss because there are no spaces between my teeth (Too late for flossing)

My question is how do i solve this problem locally. I specifically say locally as i have never been to a dentist because i dont have close to anything of the
fees they request.
What are stuffs or drugs i can buy from a chemist or pharmacists. I need names. pleassse! Pls no dentist, i dont have money

Pls i need PLENTY responses.
You can abuse me, but just render help

Help me!  cry cry
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by Nobody: 1:01am On Jan 23, 2012
Apart from improving your dental hygene u need to take a close look @ ur diet. Avoid sugar eg soft drinks, cakes etc try to take more vitamin c that shld help with the bleeding. When ur gums do bleed, brush n rinse till the blood stops coming out otherwise the blood will cause mouth odour and further decay.
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by Ceekay(m): 11:50pm On Jan 23, 2012
parisienne:

Apart from improving your dental hygene u need to take a close look @ ur diet. Avoid sugar eg soft drinks, cakes etc try to take more vitamin c that shld help with the bleeding. When ur gums do bleed, brush n rinse till the blood stops coming out otherwise the blood will cause mouth odour and further decay.

Thanks a lot. I believe it was caused by sugar because i take a lot of carbonated soft drinks
But you have just stated the cause not the cure. i need the cure for removing plaques and stop the bleeding
For christ sake people should say something, not just read the thread and move on? sad
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by tpia5: 11:52pm On Jan 23, 2012
take vitamin c or oranges.

reduce your sugar intake.

if the bleeding doesnt stop, then see a doctor or dentist.
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by Ceekay(m): 12:21am On Jan 24, 2012
tpia@:

take vitamin c or oranges.

reduce your sugar intake.

if the bleeding doesnt stop, then see a doctor or dentist.

Thanks a lot. I see vitamin C has been mentioned twice.
SO i will surely take that.

BUT, what about the plaque or tartar: This is the pic below. How do i remove it? sad

Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by tpia5: 12:22am On Jan 24, 2012
you'd have to see a dentist.
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by iice(f): 4:52am On Jan 26, 2012
Yes vitamin C.
Use a softer toothbrush. It's not how hard you brush but how well you brush.

There used to be this vitamin C thing when i was a child. . .Redoxon or something like that.

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by edmarker: 11:37am On Jan 27, 2012
Hello Ceekay,

First of all, let me allay your fears. You will not become toothless since you have done the right thing by speaking out here instead of suffering in silence and expectedly you will take action on the suggestion in this post. A problem shared is half solved, especially when shared in a forum like this where you can find people with with answers to questions and concerns bothering you.

You have confessed about your poor oral hygiene over the years. Now that you have seen one of the consequences of such a habit, you will do well to commit yourself to a habit of proper oral hygiene going forward.

Bleeding gums are quite different from plaque or tartar. Someone can have plaque or tartar without having bleeding gums. They are not the same, although someone with plaque can end up having bleeding gums.

I'll suggest that you first of all solve the problem of bleeding gums before dealing with the plaque as scraping of plaque is a mechanical process which can aggravate the bleeding from your gums. Going by your words, if you will lose a pint of blood by brushing(which is milder), you'll lose much more blood by scraping, which is done with metal.

Enough of talking. What you need now is a practical and effective remedy. I can provide you with a natural remedy of NAFDAC-approved and ISO-certified products that can help you with the bleeding gums. Some people have rightly suggested Vitamin C to you. That is part of the remedy and we have a special brand of Natural Vitamin C (Bubble C) made from real organic oranges and not synthetic Vitamin C. But that's not all.
There are a couple of other products that will work along with the vitamin C to give you remarkable results.

You can give me a call in this regard. You will be glad you did. You might find it useful to go through the testimony of someone with a closely related problem that once asked for help on this forum the way you have done here. I responded to him the way I am responding to you now by offering him a natural remedy from a selection of our products. He took action on what I said and that resulted in his outstanding testimony.

Check it out below:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=728010.msg8864083#msg8864083

1 Like

Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by deandrade: 6:09am On May 26, 2016
I had the same problem with bleeding and receding gums and sensitive teeth. I emailed Ray and received the following response: "Melting a little coconut oil in the mouth frequently during the day can be effective, because it's antiseptic (and swallowing some at intervals during the day contributes to disinfecting the intestine). Vitamins D and K help some people. The problem usually involves endotoxin absorption, so small daily amounts of minocycline help some people. Putting bamboo shoots through a shredding food processor, so they don't take much chewing, might help to reduce endotoxin.But all in vain then i contact Las Vagus Gum Disease Doctor,they provide me suitable treatment.
Re: Help! How Do I Solve My Bleeding Gums Issue Locally? by daviesmith: 11:59am On Jul 10, 2016
I had bleeding and swelling around one of my molars on and off for almost a year, and although my dentist said everything was fine, even on the x-rays, it began several months before a flare and let up several months afterwards. The gums would actually pull away from the tooth slightly during this period, come to think of it, which probably added to the trouble seeing it would be easy for food to get in there. It has been a year now without any trouble, but I would certainly check with a dentist to find out what is going on, and an infection in the gums can cause serious health problems. It sounds like you're doing the right thing in the meantime with the salt, but please make an appointment with your Dentist.

(1) (Reply)

Dizziness, Too Much Sleep And General Body Weakness / Why Taking Agbo "Concotions" Is Harmful / Am Addicted To Chewing Native Chalk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.