Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,260 members, 7,839,321 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

MTN MobileMoney Service - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN MobileMoney Service (10985 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by ayolinger(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2012
Dial *501# and enter your token to activate your account, #ServiceReply, #TRYAGAIN, , now give me a reason why I won't get a try again when i need to do an urgent transfer, Thou I support the move 60% as far as it involve my bank #GTB but i hardly use it, cos of unnecessary sms deduction monthly, even when i didn't transact, I just hope this work well and I will start using my Bank Steady,
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Sike(m): 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2012
valacious:

Anything mtn, count me out!

Me too
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Suntemi(m): 9:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
danielng:

Hmmm, MTN? abeg consider your debit/credit card details before entering them into this system. What if there is a breach of network by the provider as we have always experienced, what would happen, will the money be traceable? I can still recall many Nigerians we could not recover monies deducted by ATM as a result of network.

Sanusi &Co. should be made to use it for 24 months first!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by FEMARY1: 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2012
Ok oo.

Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by SkyRider1(m): 10:29pm On Jan 23, 2012
Paga is mobile money Pioneer in Nigeria.(since 2010). I have been using it for months now. Reliable, prompt and safe. Currently integrated with diamond bank domiciled accounts.

CBN has told all telcos to stick to communications. MTN and co will soon get Sanusi's hammer
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Nobody: 11:38pm On Jan 23, 2012
This service is based on the Bank/Telco provider model approved by CBN. GTbank has only used the MTN brand to launch the product. Its a calculated moved although a risky one.

GTbank might have based their decision on the fact that Safaricom's m-pesa was massively diffused in Kenya because Safaricom has a good brand. MTN no get name for naija sef to talk more of bad name. grin
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by poweredcom(m): 11:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
MTN , Ummmm I dont care bout Mobile money how does this work, who do i wanna send mobile money to, Hisss, Bulluck shyte
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by tolaisokay: 4:19am On Jan 24, 2012
This Mobile money of a thing i don't know what to say. having to go to an agent, to pay in money i might as well just go to where i need to send money. I read a post about this cashless society of a thing. I heard only 3,000 POS are working as at last august.

http://www.businessdayonline.com/NG/index.php/tech/78-computing/26343-only-3-000-functioning-pos-terminal-in-nigeria

You can take a survey to tell me what you feel about this whole thing. I would release the results

http://kwiksurveys.com/online-survey.php?surveyID=OBLJHN_68f4543a
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by anonimi: 6:14am On Jan 24, 2012
Naija na original slowpoke! Only efizzy without substance!! Placing emphasis on form over function!!!
Ordinary contstant supply of electricity we nor get.

Meanwhile war torn Afghanistan is using the mobile money model to pay its police men among other things leading to discovery of ghost workers up to 10% of total payroll. Wikipedia

We never start!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Emeka72(m): 7:16am On Jan 24, 2012
They have started sending d txts to pple, but I wonder if it is only MTN dat will be doing it.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by inene: 8:13am On Jan 24, 2012
Let us not be in a hurry to condemn what we have not tested. The Mobile Money Platform by MTN/GTB is one that i have tested and can confirm that it is a good platform for a financial transaction and when you consider the CBN's cashless Lagos policy, you will realize that this service ofers you an avenue to send and receive money. I have bought applications from the Itunes Store and in some cases my money is deducted when the application is not downloaded but i cannot say that the itune store is not working. We need to understand that some of the issues with the operators are also becuase of the environment under which they operate. We should ask whether we have infrastructure to support GSM technology. My vote is that the operators are doing their best considering the environment whereby they provide their own power, security and other things. Just imagine what would have happened if we had infrastructure in place, maybe call rates would be so low as to make converstaions really enjoyable rather than the the current situation where a lot of people carry phones but hardly have credits especially students. Lets give MTN a chnace on this Money Platform
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Bestglo(f): 8:39am On Jan 24, 2012
I don't think i trust MTN to that extent yet ,but time shall tell
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by 4Christz: 9:46am On Jan 24, 2012
9ce 1 ! I have also registered and tried it and it worked. In my opinion, lets give MTN a chance. By the way, i understand the license was given to the financial institutions not the telcos.
make we no spoil our own , this mobile money thing is working in some African countries already including Ghana!!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by WinkWrld: 11:06am On Jan 24, 2012
A MUST SEE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Y4Qq-0ddFE&t=11s

KINDLY TXT 525 TO 33680 AFTER VIEWING. THX
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Omoadugbo(m): 2:56pm On Jan 24, 2012
People believe MOBILE MONEY will not WORK. My People, any Community that is not willing to Try New Approach to Life, may stay too long on Hope. The Industry is going to be very Vibrant. I wonder Why Some Banks scrambled for Linsence. FirstBank, Ecobank, UBA, Zenith, Stanbic IBTC, GTB. No TELECOM got Linsence but they are Everywhere in Patnership, Glo Text Cash, MTN, ETISALAT PayCom. If it is not going to be Profitable WHY are they taking Positions.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Omoadugbo(m): 3:09pm On Jan 24, 2012
We Welcome MTN Nigeria into the Mobile Money Family. Though MTN had NO LINSENCE, they are doing their Thing through the Back Door and Ready for Mega Patnerships. MTN Nigeria will Help the Industry to CREATE Good AWARENESS and Attention. MTN had launched over 3 times in Two Months doing more Awareness than CBN. Nigeria is waiting for other Operators like PayCom, Eartholeum, Monitise, FETS, M-KUDI and others.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Omoadugbo(m): 3:11pm On Jan 24, 2012
We Welcome MTN Nigeria into the Mobile Money Family. Though MTN had NO LINSENCE, they are doing their Thing through the Back Door and Ready for Mega Patnerships. MTN Nigeria will Help the Industry to CREATE Good AWARENESS and Attention. MTN had launched over 3 times in Two Months doing more Awareness than CBN. Nigeria is waiting for other Operators like PayCom, Eartholeum, Monitise, FETS, M-KUDI and others.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by blackboy12(m): 3:19pm On Jan 24, 2012
kindly try and register for the service and use before condemning it and the operator (MTN) in charge. This service is already running in some counties and we r about to start ours, so why are some people having second thoughts to it just because MTN is involved!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Omoadugbo(m): 3:25pm On Jan 24, 2012
The Succe$s of any Mobile Money Operator depends on Product Offering, Strategy, Technology, Customer Service Operations. A vibrant AGENT NETWORK will be the Differentiation since almost all operators are offering related PRODUCTs. No Operator will FLY without a mass Agent Network service.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Omoadugbo(m): 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2012
MTN Nigeria will contribute a great deal but MTN should Know that No operator or patner will FLY, everybody will Grow bit by bit just like the GSM Story.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by jerty(m): 6:50pm On Jan 24, 2012
with the nature of our country today, are we sure fraudsters wont use such medium to steal money from banks and peoples account, what if you wrongly send the money what will become of you please we should all think about it first
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Tokotaya: 8:45pm On Jan 24, 2012
People, we do not always have to be negative about our own things. I second all posters who counsel wisely that Nigerians should approach this with a positive spirit. Try before condemning. GTB, MTN, Kudos.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by opsylala: 11:15am On Jan 25, 2012
I have used the Mobile Money services provided by GTBank and powered by MTN and it was a fantastic experience. I am told the service is rendered by GTB as the financial institution and they are using MTN network(The biggest in Nigeria) to power it. I don't know why some people are so negative about this new innovation. Do u know u can transfer money to people from your phone or even get money from people on your phone just immediately after a call. I think we all should embrace this mobile money and enjoy the ease of sending money. I use money on my e wallet on my phone to recharge my phone balance daily, I don't see anything wrong with this mobile money partnership!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Emeka72(m): 3:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
Wait, but is it only MTN that will be offering Mobile money services¿
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by topex4real: 11:52am On Feb 29, 2012
for more information on mobile money, send me an email topex4real2003@yahoo.com or call 08079394438
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by MAKLIZ: 11:04pm On Mar 12, 2012
Tried d mobile money stuff. Its a waste of time. Cld not even load deir credit card on my acct. To make the issue worse, none of their centres cld help as they dont know how to go about. Its a Scam.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by mavtrevor(m): 7:11am On Oct 03, 2012
I think if MTN can upgrade their network since Mobile Money is going to be dependent on the network to succeed and with proper enlightment of our people, Mobile money could succeed in Nigeria.

http://netmediablog.com/mobile-money-services-in-nigeria/
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by luthorcorp: 12:18pm On Jul 06, 2015
mtn and their ebola-money again,the moment i try it,i would go and see a shrink....

(1) (2) (Reply)

How Much Is Nokia C6 Or Nokia X6 / Tecno Promises To Release Nougat Update / Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Mini Pro Internet Configuration For Globacom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.