Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,743 members, 7,824,143 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:27 AM

MTN MobileMoney Service - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / MTN MobileMoney Service (10980 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN MobileMoney Service by mukina2: 2:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
MTN has introduced the MobileMoney among its range of services. The telecommunication company says the service which is powered by the firm would be offered in partnership with some Central Bank mobile money licensees.

“Introducing MobileMoney powered by MTN, offered by CBN licensees” the firm said via text messages circulated yesterday. The telecommunications firm also added that “it is the (new) safe and easy way to send/receive money with your phone”.

MobileMoney is a service allowing you to transfer money using a mobile phone and is available to any MTN subscriber (Prepaid and Postpaid), after registration, the firm said on its website.

A number of mobile money firms have been approved by the central Bank in principle to embark on the pilot phase of rendering mobile money services though there is no document on the regulatory body’s website to show how many companies have been registered and under what terms the firms were approved in principle.

It is however believed that the partnership between telecommunications companies and mobile money companies would help create a secure and convenient mobile payment industry that would enable all mobile and non-mobile phone subscribers in Nigeria to send, withdraw, save and pay for goods and services through a mobile phone.

http://www.allmobilemoneyafrica.com/2012/01/mtn-officially-introduces-its-mobilemoney-service/
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Suntemi(m): 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2012
Got the sms too. The idea is good but considering the type of service providers we have, hope transaction no go dey hang halfway?
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by babaowo: 2:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
nice1.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Acidosis(m): 2:58pm On Jan 23, 2012
what is this ?
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by sunny777: 3:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
When are they going to start and how does it work.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by yamakuza: 3:07pm On Jan 23, 2012
GTB + MTN = Nice Combo?

Service wise, i would expect this to be the most efficient.

Right now, the rates are scary.

Time will tell though.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by civilserva: 3:21pm On Jan 23, 2012
CBN never awarded any mobile money license to MTN. MTN hired their foot soldier to attack CBN GOVERNOR claiming CBN has no power to award such license. more details follow this link to money website

http://mobilemoneyafrica.com/mtn-flays-cbn’s-m-payment-policy-in-nigeria/
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Mobinga: 3:23pm On Jan 23, 2012
I wouldn't use this, or advice anyone to.

The MTN company is grossly inefficient to manage a service of this nature.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by deekseen(m): 3:25pm On Jan 23, 2012
yamakuza:

GTB + MTN = Nice Combo?

Service wise, i would expect this to be the most efficient.

I can trust GTB but not MTN. They still have major problems in their share and sell transactions, deductions are made but the transfers hang alot and their customer care just play music for you. When urgent transactions are to be done, i foresee more than half not being completely processed. I hope other networks go into this mobile money stuff too.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by igben(m): 3:31pm On Jan 23, 2012
Mtn na arm robber
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Koolking(m): 3:41pm On Jan 23, 2012
I got the sms from MTN to register for MobileMoney service. I was not keen on jumping into the bandwagon just yet considering MTN self-lampooned service image. Until there is a relative improvement on their online customer care, I would not dare risk it.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by stepo707: 3:45pm On Jan 23, 2012
Am not sure mtn can handle this besides whats the guarantee that you will get your money back after an unsuccessful transaction?
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Reference(m): 3:56pm On Jan 23, 2012
Too many mouths to feed. The rates will be high though a good idea. Does anyone know the transaction cap. and whether the virtual cash can be downloaded to a bank account remotely.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Yeske2(m): 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2012
I would never trust MTN for anything if when given free.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by yamakuza: 4:19pm On Jan 23, 2012
Reference:

Too many mouths to feed. The rates will be high though a good idea.

www.mtnonline.com/mobilemoney/tarrifs.php

Does anyone know the transaction cap.

N150k, i assume.

and whether the virtual cash can be downloaded to a bank account remotely.

with thme, i'ld expect GTB to provide this feature.

Right now, agents need to eat!

deekseen:

I can trust GTB but not MTN. They still have major problems in their share and sell transactions, deductions are made but the transfers hang alot and their customer care just play music for you. When urgent transactions are to be done, i foresee more than half not being completely processed. I hope other networks go into this mobile money stuff too.

i hear Glo is partnering FirstBank for TextCash, while ZenithBank/Visafone will come up with something too.

For now, given the market share enjoyed by GTB and MTN in their individual niches, they just might be the first to attain critical mass!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Don1Dee(m): 4:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
civilserva:

CBN never awarded any mobile money license to MTN. MTN hired their foot soldier to attack CBN GOVERNOR claiming CBN has no power to award such license. more details follow this link to money website

http://mobilemoneyafrica.com/mtn-flays-cbn’s-m-payment-policy-in-nigeria/
I was surprise when i saw d text. It was unanimously agreed no telco should be given license. I really don't know they maneuver their way. In fact, they did no pilot-I smell something shady!

Reference:

Too many mouths to feed. The rates will be high though a good idea. Does anyone know the transaction cap. and whether the virtual cash can be downloaded to a bank account remotely.
It is sectioned or pyramided, individuals on d lowest pyramid are to do a maximum of ten transactions with each
transaction not exceeding 3k.

For now, check out U-Mo(run by UBA & Glo) and Fortis Mobile Money(a micros-finance bank in Abj.) Their service is ok for now.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by yamakuza: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2012
Don1Dee:

I was surprise when i saw d text. It was unanimously agreed no telco should be given license. I really don't know they maneuver their way. In fact, they did no pilot-I smell something shady!
It is sectioned or pyramided, individuals on d lowest pyramid are to do a maximum of ten transactions with each
transaction not exceeding 3k.

For now, check out U-Mo(run by UBA & Glo) and Fortis Mobile Money(a micros-finance bank in Abj.) Their service is ok for now.

The same Fortis in the GTB + MTN + Fortis triad?

Maybe that was the pilot?

Glo is yet to launch theirs na?
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Upright750: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2012
Can't risk my money on any mtn mobile money or anything MTN money issue. they never handle little issue like recharge card issue. i can remember the last time my recharge card has problem and started calling them. all i was listening is music about 2 hours till i have to give up. I will wait till another company that i can trust start doing it. besides which insurance company will back up the customer before they will make one to swear to his or her money before getting it back if it hang. Just like people having issue with their ATM for payment and start writing a latter for his or her money. I tell you in other country i have gone is not same. all those second hand ATM Machine can be very funny.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by juleo: 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2012
The text was sent to me and I deleted it with the speed I received it with.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by cecegorz(m): 5:24pm On Jan 23, 2012
MTN is really acting so desperate here. CBN has not awarded any Mobile telco the Mobilemoney Licence and has told MTN to desist from deceiving the public by it's numerous adverts.
Surprisingly, those adverts are still airing, now they've added SMS marketing to it.
Buyers Beware!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by busayobrig: 5:34pm On Jan 23, 2012
hmmm! little trust from me
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by yamakuza: 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2012
cecegorz:

MTN is really acting so desperate here. CBN has not awarded any Mobile telco the Mobilemoney Licence and has told MTN to desist from deceiving the public by it's numerous adverts.
Surprisingly, those adverts are still airing, now they've added SMS marketing to it.
Buyers Beware!

wont be surprised if Fortis is the license holder.

Its a partnership, remember?

[s]Hmmmn. Time to buy shares in Fortis MFB and GTB![/s]
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by 4tune1(m): 5:59pm On Jan 23, 2012
Let me siddon watch this thread for a while for testimonies or otherwise. I can't play my money wt mtn. one was even advertised as PAGA! I don't want my money to be maga away like wonder banks. Mtn thanks 4 d msg
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by ITbomb(m): 6:09pm On Jan 23, 2012
did u say MTN ?
Nah , let limit themselves to wobbly share n sell and useless call 'music' center.
I beg to decline, waiting for glo
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by danielng: 6:26pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hmmm, MTN? abeg consider your debit/credit card details before entering them into this system. What if there is a breach of network by the provider as we have always experienced, what would happen, will the money be traceable? I can still recall many Nigerians we could not recover monies deducted by ATM as a result of network.

Sanusi &Co. should be made to use it for 24 months first!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Akayafam: 6:28pm On Jan 23, 2012
Hmm, I think the product is good and with the success of other Telecoms companies like Safricom in Kenya; we should excpect they will give it their best
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by chimuchi(f): 7:00pm On Jan 23, 2012
[size=28pt]thats good![/size]
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Wrabiu: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
I think we are too quick to condemn, MTN like other Telcos took a big risk to invest in Nigeria economy services etc might not be perfect though but we have Nigerians working in these organisation not foreigners. i have registered for the Mobile Money service and conviniently i now but recharge card for my Mum in abeokuta, and my sister in Uni using this Mobile Money service. No charges for airtime purchases

I just dialled *500# to register

1 Like

Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by Nobody: 7:15pm On Jan 23, 2012
Anything mtn, count me out!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by anonimi: 7:32pm On Jan 23, 2012
Nigerians are late comers as usual to good innovations and yet we are supposed to be the giant of Africa.

Kenya's Safaricom has been doing this for five years i.e since 2007 and since last year has taken it to the next level- international money transfer via mobile phones. Safaricom IMT
You may wish to note that Kenya has 41% middle class getting more actively involved in the country's politics.

Nigeria never start!!!
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by ReachRich(m): 7:33pm On Jan 23, 2012
AfriPay,a subsidiary of UBA has already launched U-Mo Mobile Money.They are currently partnering with MTN,GLO,Etisalat & others to ensure efficient & effective service delivery on all d networks.
Re: MTN MobileMoney Service by sicily4u: 7:35pm On Jan 23, 2012
Yes we have Nigerians working with mtn, the same way our president is a Nigerian, nonsense

(1) (2) (Reply)

PES Club Manager Game Discussion Thread / Tecno Unveiled New Phantom Smartphone Yesterday In Dubai / What Is Your Internet Connection Speed?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.