Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:25 AM

Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud (11537 Views)

Police Arrest Robbers Who Shot 8-years Old Boy During Operation (photo) / Nigerian Man Sentenced To Life In Prison For Drug Trafficking In Indonesia (Pic) / Nigerian Sentence To 17 years Imprisonment In Uk Over Dj Carl Murder (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by hannahmay(f): 1:05pm On Jan 25, 2012
UK Bobo:

I understand that Nigerians are generally quite mistrustful and unbelieving of each other. The little that I do know from my time in Lagos is that everyone is scared of each other, tribes, policemen, robbers etc, There are even people who do not tell their own family when they are travelling around/back home - for fear of being set-up/robbed or even murdered. I am not astounded that the fact that someone might have their real profile picture uploaded surprises you, because let's be honest, most Nigerians partake in smoke and mirrors, where what you see is not what you get.

Even reading these boards, the level of self-hate is astounding. How can you expect others to love you, when you do not love each other. It is this lack of love and communal concern which you take with you when you leave the country. A lot of fraudsters are cold in attitude because they distance themselves from the community and this enables them to fleece it dry. Here in London, it is mainly done by Yorubas, but I think it is a national characteristic which needs a national mentality shift.

@Uk bobo, if u want to change Nigeria u dont need to use abusive tone about us. Ur words sometimes make sense but u turn it around @ d end. This is my country land. You have to respect it!
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by juman(m): 2:16pm On Jan 25, 2012
Defense attorneys had argued that their client, the only person charged in the case, was a "marginal and minimal participant" whose role was to handle mail and withdraw money from ATMs.

With access to those data providers, Adetiloye and others obtained the personal identification information to about 38,000 people, most of whom were medical professionals, and used that information to open credit card, debit and checking accounts, prosecutors said.

This is not good.

Instead of taking money from innocent people he should have try hard and located foreign accounts of nigeria "leaders" and empty them.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by obowunmi(m): 2:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
Juman, ure on point.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 25, 2012
executinal:

[size=30pt]NIGERIA = COUNTRY FILLED UP WITH FRAUD, TERRORIST, KIDNAPPING.  FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, FROM PASTORS TO POLITICIAN, FROM IMAM TO ALMAJIRI  angry angry[/size]

I swear!
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by juman(m): 3:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
^^
Because nigeria is nobody's country. Who cares, NOBODY.

obowunmi:

Juman, ure on point.

Abi o.

All kinds of leaders are bad.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by chuckdee4(m): 4:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
What a greedy pig, the fool was committing all this scams and still had the cheek to collect welfare.
Talk about eating your cake and trying to have it, i'm glad they caught him
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by mamagee3(f): 5:20pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why can't people just stay away from crime? undecided
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Walala(m): 5:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
You people are so miss informed and you let the White people tell you that you are criminals and are spoiling your country's name. The bible says he that is without sin should cast the first stone. AMERICANS ARE THE MOST CORRUPT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. Have y'all ever heard of WALL STREET. Was Madoff a Nigerian? Was R. Allen Stanford a Nigerian? Between those two dudes, they defrauded people of a total of $72BILLION and that is way more than Nigerians can ever defraud in total.

We are not criminals and we need to understand the propaganda that is going on to blacklist us. Stop calling each other names of what we are not whether Yoruba or Igbo. The drug game is dominated by Americans and Mexicans but yet we call each other drug lords. Identity fraud has been going on since identities existed even before Nigeria knew what a computer was.

Obama has surrounded himself with some of the most corrupt bankers ever in the History of Mankind but no one calls him corrupt like we call our own president. The cabal in Nigeria is not even close to the Wall street cabal in USA.

We are no where near perfect but neither is the EU or USA so don't let them blacklist you. RISE AFRICA AND SEE THEIR PROPAGANDA >
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by obowunmi(m): 6:04pm On Jan 25, 2012
Walala, get off drugs.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Idowuogbo(f): 6:11pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Walala

Walai it don tey wey u dey smoke igwu,wot d hell u on which friggin propaganda are u facing,dude shred dat write up pure JARGONS!!!!!.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by mpmp: 6:36pm On Jan 25, 2012
Why is it the most popular thing about Nigerians is FRAUD.

Just fraud, duping people, stealing. Everything about money. And whenever I hear these kind of news, I wonder if this 419thingy with Nigeria and Nigerians is / could be likened to an advanced stage of Kleptomania:

Kleptomania (from Greek: κλέπτειν, kleptein, "to steal", and μανία, "mania"wink is an irresistible urge to steal items of trivial value. People with this disorder are compelled to steal things, generally, but not limited to, objects of little or no significant value, such as pens, paper clips, paper and tape. Some kleptomaniacs may not even be aware that they have committed the theft.

Consider the quote about Mr. Adekunle:
FARGO, N.D. (AP) - A Canadian man accused of masterminding one of the largest high-tech bank robberies in U.S. history was sentenced to nearly 18 years in prison Monday following a years-long investigation into fake debt collection agencies that prosecutors say stole the identities of about 38,000 people.

Adekunle Adetiloye was accused of organizing a scheme to open nearly 600 fraudulent bank accounts and bilk 22 major banks, potentially costing credit card firms and banks up to $5 million. Assistant U.S. Attorney Nick Chase in North Dakota, where the case was handled, said the 40-year-old had an "insatiable hunger for other people's money."

[size=18pt]"insatiable hunger for other people's money"[/size]
Please what is the right word for this kind of disease?
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by UKBobo(m): 7:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
"insatiable hunger for other people's money"

Oniomania cheesy
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by UKBobo(m): 7:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
@Uk bobo, if u want to change Nigeria u dont need to use abusive tone about us. Ur words sometimes make sense but u turn it around @ d end. This is my country land. You have to respect it!

NIGERIA = COUNTRY FILLED UP WITH FRAUD, TERRORIST, KIDNAPPING. FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, FROM PASTORS TO POLITICIAN, FROM IMAM TO ALMAJIRI

So I cannot write freely, but if the poster above writes it is OK. This is racism. cry You should be able to tell that I am so empassioned because your country has great potential. Some of my best friends are Nigerians. Some of my best nuts have been Nigerian. I am here to provoke you all to think about a mind-shift to improve your national mental paradigm. All I see here is everybody blaming somebody else and no-one taking responsibility.

Reform
All politicians work for expenses only, free accommodation and monthly stipend (250,000 naira per month). At end of term, if politician has been corruption-free after in-depth investigation, receives 50 million naira golden handshake
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Idowuogbo(f): 8:25pm On Jan 25, 2012
UK Bobo:

NIGERIA = COUNTRY FILLED UP WITH FRAUD, TERRORIST, KIDNAPPING. FROM TOP TO BOTTOM, FROM PASTORS TO POLITICIAN, FROM IMAM TO ALMAJIRI

So I cannot write freely, but if the poster above writes it is OK. This is racism. cry You should be able to tell that I am so empassioned because your country has great potential. Some of my best friends are Nigerians. Some of my best nuts have been Nigerian. I am here to provoke you all to think about a mind-shift to improve your national mental paradigm. All I see here is everybody blaming somebody else and no-one taking responsibility.

Reform
All politicians work for expenses only, free accommodation and monthly stipend (250,000 naira per month). At end of term, if politician has been corruption-free after in-depth investigation, receives 50 million naira golden handshake
Are u Turkish or are u Romanian?
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by sabon: 8:33pm On Jan 25, 2012
To all the FREAKING IGBO dudes yelling yorubayoruba, FBI MOST WANTED LIST HAS AN IGBO DUDE THERE WITH A LARGER CRIME SO SHUT IT. http://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hei!
Igbo people too lyk money and there's nufin an Igbo man (pbuh) cannot do 4 money.
I thnk dt fool is an Igbo,JONA wey carry subsidy remove,i thnk na Igboman (pbut),ibb,abdulsalami,abacha,obj,i thnk they b igbomen.
Ojukwu(pbuh) wey leav im papa wealth join civil service n army and also carry d money fight war 2liberate im people na Yeruba.Sam Mbakwe n Akanu Ibiam i thnk na aboki them be?
Who na lyk money pass?
Boko harams wey because of tiny 10 million d do suicide bombing no lyk money sha!
Suicide bombing na d worst money ritual.sometin an igbo no go fit do.
Dagrin na igboman,i thnk.
Stp being jealous,research history, stealing is an abomination in igboland cus it's a sin against Ani,d earth goddess n a crime dt attracts capital punishment.u pple coruptd d Igbos.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by UKBobo(m): 8:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
For goodness sake, I am 110% Lancastrian but grew up in London. Only two generations away from the mines.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
No hiding place for crooks!
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by justwise(m): 8:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
Walala:

You people are so miss informed and you let the White people tell you that you are criminals and are spoiling your country's name. The bible says he that is without sin should cast the first stone. AMERICANS ARE THE MOST CORRUPT PEOPLE IN THE WORLD. Have y'all ever heard of WALL STREET. Was Madoff a Nigerian? Was R. Allen Stanford a Nigerian? Between those two dudes, they defrauded people of a total of $72BILLION and that is way more than Nigerians can ever defraud in total.

We are not criminals and we need to understand the propaganda that is going on to blacklist us. Stop calling each other names of what we are not whether Yoruba or Igbo. The drug game is dominated by Americans and Mexicans but yet we call each other drug lords. Identity fraud has been going on since identities existed even before Nigeria knew what a computer was.

Obama has surrounded himself with some of the most corrupt bankers ever in the History of Mankind but no one calls him corrupt like we call our own president. The cabal in Nigeria is not even close to the Wall street cabal in USA.

We are no where near perfect but neither is the EU or USA so don't let them blacklist you. RISE AFRICA AND SEE THEIR PROPAGANDA >

You are a disgrace to yourself.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by deadie(m): 9:01pm On Jan 25, 2012
Yoruba, o da oh!
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Ojiofor: 11:57pm On Jan 25, 2012
@isuomo na true Igbo people like money too much, read how this young Igboman sold his first son to a Yorubawoman for luv of money, enjoy, Man Drugs Wife, Sells Baby For N350k

A 26-year old man, Ibrahim Oladele who drugged his wife, Damilola Balogun after she delivered her baby boy and sold the baby to an Onitsha-based business woman, Umeokoli Rebecca for N350,000 has been arrested and arraigned. Oladele, who hails from Ekiti state, was charged before an Ikeja magistrate’s court sitting in Ojokoro, Alagbado, Lagos State, southwest Nigeria with conspiracy and stealing.

He was charged along with two medical doctors, Dr. Okosun Timothy Olugbemi, 36, and Adesina Sultu, 33, the nurse that delivered the baby Mrs. Adetutu Abiola as well as Rebecca who bought the baby. P.M.NEWS gathered that Oladele, who lives at 19, Ilupeju Street, Alagbado, a suburb of Lagos, took his wife to a private hospital at Bariga where she was delivered of a baby boy after which the shady deal was sealed.

P.M.NEWS learnt that after Damilola was successfully delivered of her baby, the doctors, with the consent of Oladele, alleged drugged the woman and she slept off. This afforded them the opportunity to steal and sell the baby. Rebecca who resides in Onitsha, Anambra State and could not bear a child of her own was contacted to buy the baby for N350,000. She was given the certificate of birth.She took the baby to her base in Anambra State and not quite long that she was celebrating her success in getting a baby boy she was searching for years, that her joy turned to bitter experience. Damilola suspected a foul play days after she regained consciousness and the matter was reported to the police.

Rebecca was arrested in Anambra and brought to Lagos with the child. She is now facing a criminal charge of stealing the baby. Oladele was also arrested and his confession led to the arrest of the accomplices. The prosecutor, Mr. Thomas Nurudeen told the court that the suspects conspired and sold the baby which was later recovered in Anambra state. They pleaded not guilty. The presiding magistrate, Mrs. A.F. Adeeyo granted them bail in the sum of N200,000 with two responsible sureties.The matter has been adjourned till 4 May, 2012 for hearing.

PHOTO: Real mother with son.

Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by francis247(m): 9:21am On Jan 26, 2012
@Walala; well said bro.
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by Ournaija: 10:02am On Jan 26, 2012
Walala:

You must be using your anus for thinking.

If another man is bad (as you claimed), does that give you the right to be worse?

Nonsense!
Re: Adekunle Adetiloye Sentenced To 17.8 Years In Prison For Credit Fraud by igboboy1(m): 1:06am On Jan 27, 2012
nwa olodowa i hail oooo, who reach una for money pillandering? from MKO to tinubu to Adenuga una too much, Yoruba Kwenu, Kwenu, Kwezuonu

(1) (2) (Reply)

SERAP Sues FG For Not Releasing Names Of Looters / Man Beheaded In Ebonyi-Benue Boundary Dispute / Ogun Police Arrests Nine Members Of Kidnap Syndicate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.