Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:02 AM

Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page (2157 Views)

Forex Scarcity: Banks In Multi-million-dollar Racketeering / My Million Dollar Start Up / Aliko Dangote Enters Tomato Paste Business; Establishes Multi Million Dollar Fac (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by Wazobia(m): 1:18am On Mar 17, 2006
What Has Taken (www.nigeriamilliondollarhomepage.com) This Long!!!!!

Hi Boys,

I don't know about you, but should I be cynical about this Nigerian version of the Million Dollar Home page? A friend sent me a link www.nigeriamilliondollarhomepage.com to check out the "24" column. It containts negative gist about Nigeria. Your thoughts please.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by hotangel2(f): 8:28am On Mar 17, 2006
I think the boy has a good idea. But what the fxck?? $100 per pixel? The boy with the million dollar home page sold his for $1 per pixel, Why is this nigerian boys own too much?

Plus, i don't think those news on 24 are negative gist about nigeria. It's basically wats going on. He didn't lie about it. Here's what he said about the 24 page.
24” is a column that will break stories about Nigerians all over the world. These stories will cover the famous and the infamous, the “419ners”, Politicians, Nollywood celebrities, Sports personalities, Religious leaders, etc. Nobody will be privileged to escape being 24(ed). If there is any story out there that needs to be told, and it has escaped our attention, why not email us at 24@nigeriamilliondollarhomepage.com. We will do our best to publish it if we think its in the interest of our readers.

He basically just want people to trust him that he doesn't support 419, so that they can buy his pixels. He's being straight i guess.

Again, i think it's a good idea, but darn too expensive.

He kept saying he would love to run the site for 5 years. till 2011. What about people that buy pixels in 2008, does that mean that, if they pay for 5 years, they'll only get serviced for 3 years?

Reading the FAQ page, helps understand him better.

i like how he answered these questions.
Question: Are you worried of the typical Nigerian attitude towards this project?
Answer:
What is a typical Nigerian attitude, I must ask? Okay there is envy and all that, but this is not peculiar to Nigeria. Those that will succeed will in spite of envy or discrimination. So I am not worried.

Date: 2006-03-11
Go to top
----------------------------------------------------------------
Question: What will you do with $1m?
Answer:
Well, spend, spend, and spend (wisely of course). This is the honest truth. Actually, it says $1 Million dollars, but in reality it is not. The break down is that PayPal will get a handsome commission from charges (which I don’t blame them for). Also, my two main partners will get a total of 50% as their share, not to forget my 10% tithe to church (sorry folks, don’t really care what you think, these are my beliefs), and another 10% contribution to the development of a community project initiative. So is any one out there calculating. After all deductions, my share will be 30%. Finally, I don’t know about you, I am also in debt and I need to take care of this aspect as well.
---------------------------------------------------------
Question: Who are you?
Answer:
Who I am will be under wraps for now. I will reveal my identity in due time. For now, all you need to know about me is that I am Nigerian by origin and British by birth. I am happily married with children. I am extremely passionate about Nigeria, and I cannot tolerate people that bad mouth a Country such as Nigeria, busting with talents. My ultimate desire is to build a Charity Hospital in Nigeria, to assist in promoting Nigerian made Films to the world, help in funding projects spearheaded by Nigerian Geniuses. From the EXPLOSIVE column "24" I will promote talented Nigerians as well as expose the bad eggs ( the Rich, the Popular, and the Big ) that give Nigeria such a bad image. So enough said.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by Wazobia(m): 11:38am On Mar 17, 2006
Hot-Angel,

Interesting to read your comments, I get your point about the "24" column. Also, I went back to the site to check the price which I thought was very reasonable and it actually says $100 per block, which still works out at $1 per pixel as a block each measures 10x10 pixels (100 pixels) - as stated below

"Everyone is welcome to buy my pixels, which are available in 100-pixel 'blocks' (each measuring 10x10 pixels). The homepage is divided into 10,000 of these 100-pixel blocks (hence there are 1,000,000 pixels in total). The reason for selling them in 100-pixel blocks is because anything smaller would be too small to display anything effectively."

I  should keep all you guys posted on the progress of interesting site.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by t4cash(m): 12:54pm On Mar 17, 2006
Dumb idea.

Why cant people realise that you must come up with something original. That milliondollarpage guy did something original, that was why he succeded. All other follow-follow people since him have bombed.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by gbengaijot(m): 2:59pm On Mar 17, 2006
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by BABAnLA(m): 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2006
He's way ovepriced especially for the initially launching of his project. Homeboy should start smaller and build up as the supply gets smaller. A+ for effort sha.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by t4cash(m): 5:57pm On Mar 17, 2006
gbengaijot:

@t4cash, you av a great idea, i don't think he is dumb for putting that up, if that is what he can think of for now, then why not go on with it?, at least nigeria is following the west in issues relating to technology.
The question we should ask ourselves is, ''what av i created that is original'', if we can find one, then we can judge other people.

Whether one has created does not preclude us from saying whether something is a dumb idea or not. Ultimately , the market is the judge. And the market would soon tell this guy if ihe has a good idea.

This is an anonymous board, therefore naturally you dont know me. Those who do, know I am not just an accomplished and award-winning entrepreneur, I also teach/consult on entrepreneurship. In otherwords, i get paid to tell people "thats a dumb idea". We can follow the western technology but the secret to entreprenurial success is innovation.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by idiot(m): 10:51pm On Mar 17, 2006
t4cash:

Whether one has created does not preclude us from saying whether something is a dumb idea or not. Ultimately , the market is the judge. And the market would soon tell this boy if ihe has a good idea.

This is an anonymous board, therefore naturally you don't know me. Those who do, know I am not just an accomplished and award-winning entrepreneur, I also teach/consult on entrepreneurship. In otherwords, i get paid to tell people "thats a dumb idea". We can follow the western technology but the secret to entreprenurial success is innovation.
Are you really?

just because the site doesn't ask for our names doesn't mean you can't provide your own.

After all, we all know who Seun is and someone determined enough could go knock on his door based only on the information provided in this site.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by SIBLI06(m): 12:53pm On Mar 31, 2006
Let's see if the site grows (I don't believe it will due to the confusion over the pixel price)

It is not v impressive as of yet, only 2 listings on the home page (How long as it been live?). It might be an idea for the owner to have a promotion for free listings for a month or so. Let's remember internet traffic generates income through affiliate programs, pay per click and adsense etc.

As t4cash said "the secret to entrepreneurial success is innovation" - v true in my opinion.
Re: Nigeria Million Dollar Home Page by forexgiude: 5:49pm On Sep 12, 2007
IF YOU MUST INVEST THEN YOU MUST LEARN

GET YOUR FOREX LESSON CDs

SIX CDS FOR ONLY 3K NAIRA (EACH CD CONTAINS ABOUT 600MEGA BYTE OF
INFORMATION). TOTALLING OVER 4HRS OF FULL AUDIO AND VIDEO LESSONS.

FULL STEP BY STEP GUIDE ON HOW TO TRADE FX,HOW TO START AND HOW TO WITHDRAW YOUR EARNINGS.

TO ORDER SEND EMAIL TO :bitterstone1@yahoo.no

(1) (Reply)

Automatic Fuel Siphon Pump / Anyone Know Where I Can Get A Loan? / Need Info On Palm Oil Trading & Petroleum Marketing Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.