Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,958 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

What's The Truth About Revving? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / What's The Truth About Revving? (584 Views)

The Truth Abou Cotonou Ask Me Cotonou Based Parc Owner / The Hidden Truth About Air Bags In Nigerian Cars / Help! Honda Eod Not Revving Above 3rpm And Jerks Before Changing Gears! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What's The Truth About Revving? by Nobody: 8:42am On Jan 25, 2012
I personally love high revving, especially if i'm behind the wheels of a manual gear car. Some say it spoils the engine, but i dont know how that can be true! If i mean to rev on the highway, i hold the rev till about 5900 before changing to a higher gear. Kinda makes the car accelerate! cheesy
Now my questions are, is high revving advisable? Is it engine Dependant? I.e does the size of the engine determine the revving intensity? What is the recommended rev line?

Auto gurus ova to you! Siena, hope you contribute too! smiley

(1) (Reply)

(by Duke)tokz 01 Audi A4 For 800k / '99 Baby Boy For Sale / 60,000ltrs Brand New Oil Tank 4sale. 4 Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.