Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,178 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:34 PM

Trapped In A Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Trapped In A Marriage (2614 Views)

Can A Physically Abused Woman In A Marriage Work Things Out With Her Husband ? / Kenyan Lovers Trapped During Sex (pic) / The Little Things That Determine The Success Of A Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Trapped In A Marriage by geeez: 12:08pm On Jan 25, 2012
I got married over 5years ago and 3 kids down the line I still don’t love my wife. 80% of me wanted a fling when it all started and 100% of my friends were too sure I couldn’t marry her but my mother liked her and she pulled those ‘wife material girl’ stunts which endeared some of my family members to her. Like in most Pentecostal Xtain homes, she took me to a ‘prophet’ before we got married and the man of God said he saw trouble which we could overcome through prayers. A few months later she got pregnant and before we knew it, we were married. Before we got married she confessed to having the following sexual relationships:

1.Some guy in a school in Kwara State when she was 21
2.Some guy in a SW polytechnic she dated for 4years (This guy was razz and rough)
3.Some albino in the same polytechnic who also was her neighbor back in Lagos
4.Some married guy who was a drug dealer that helped her when she went for her WAEC certificate
5.A married man she claimed helped her financially in Jos and she was in hotels with him on several of his biz trips but she claimed she only had MouthAction all of the time
6.Some guy she met through her friends. She claimed they hung out at a bar and next thing all the girls went into separate rooms with the guys. She said she was bleeding at that time and only had MouthAction. Hmmm
That was all the affairs she said she had. However after the marriage, she confessed to some more affairs:

1.Some guy that gave her a ride from her big sis’s house on the island
2.The MD of her company (where she still works). This man is well known to her big sis who got her the job in the first place
3.Some much older guy who is a friend of her much older elder brother

Ever since I’ve felt cheated and she just pisses her off each time I see her. To make matters worse, her diction and spoken English was kinda horrible before we got married and she promised to do everything to change. Till date, nothing has changed and she apparently makes no effort to improve on it.

I’m tired and frustrated.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2012
Lol, womennnn some things are better left unsaid. Which sane woman will give her husband a list of people she's slept with. cheesy

Ehn your mama say and pastor say, you still went ahead to marry her, she was good for fcukng but not good enough for marriage. Did you marry her at gun point?

Fight for your woman, divorce is not an option. cool
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jan 25, 2012
geeez:

I got married over 5years ago and 3 kids down the line I still don’t love my wife. 80% of me wanted a fling when it all started and 100% of my friends were too sure I couldn’t marry her but my mother liked her and she pulled those ‘wife material girl’ stunts which endeared some of my family members to her. Like in most Pentecostal Xtain homes, she took me to a ‘prophet’ before we got married and the man of God said he saw trouble which we could overcome through prayers. A few months later she got pregnant and before we knew it, we were married. Before we got married she confessed to having the following intimate relationships:

2.Some guy in a SW polytechnic she dated for 4years (This guy was razz and rough)
4.Some married guy who was a drug dealer that helped her when she went for her WAEC certificate
5.A married man she claimed helped her financially in Jos and she was in hotels with him on several of his biz trips but she claimed she only had MouthAction all of the time
6.Some guy she met through her friends. She claimed they hung out at a bar and next thing all the girls went into separate rooms with the guys. She said she was bleeding at that time and only had MouthAction. Hmmm
That was all the affairs she said she had. However after the marriage, she confessed to some more affairs:

2.The MD of her company (where she still works). This man is well known to her big sis who got her the job in the first place

Ever since I’ve felt cheated and she just pisses her off each time I see her. To make matters worse, her diction and spoken English was kinda horrible before we got married and she promised to do everything to change. Till date, nothing has changed and she apparently makes no effort to improve on it.

This your wife has a big mouth sef. shocked shocked

jennykadry:

Lol, womennnn some things are better left unsaid. Which sane woman will give her husband a list of people she's slept with. cheesy
Ehn your mama say and pastor say, you still went ahead to marry her, she was good for fcukng but not good enough for marriage. Did you marry her at gun point?

The thing no tire you? angry

I tell you most women are the cause of the problems they are facing now. What a man doesnt know doesnt kill him! undecided
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by r231(m): 12:35pm On Jan 25, 2012
na wa o
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by agiboma(f): 12:40pm On Jan 25, 2012
Ujujoan:

This your wife has a big mouth sef. shocked shocked

The thing no tire you? angry

I tell you most women are the cause of the problems they are facing now. What a man doesnt know doesnt kill him! undecided

lol i agree
@ op you knew you weren't marrying a virgin to begin with so i cant understand why you feel cheated. Have you also thought their may possibly be many more men your not aware of,what will you do then? You need to grow up and stop asking your wife to grocery list all the men she slept with.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2012
Hang on, did she have affairs Whilst married? shocked shocked
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by moremi2008(m): 12:51pm On Jan 25, 2012
This is why children have no reason getting married. What is all this nonsense this grown man is coming on here to share? Your wife had previous sexual relationships? Why is this upsetting you? Didn't you get her pregnant before you married her? Why didn't you share stories of your own previous sexual encounters with us so we can compare and contrast? You don't love her, yet you got her pregnant three times in the past five years?!!! I don't even know what to say to you. You're a father of three children, not a teenager sharing "heart-felt" stories in the Romance section. Better log off the internet and go face your wife and family like a real man instead of btching and moaning on the internet about irrelevant stuff.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by r231(m): 12:52pm On Jan 25, 2012
jennykadry:

yup x3 sef
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by moremi2008(m): 12:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
jennykadry:

No, she only confessed to more pre-marital "affairs" after the marriage. She hid some of the stories during her earlier confession session. The dumb woman! Some things are just better left unsaid.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
geez,
Dont you think you are giving out too many personal information here.  How can you make that list for the whole world to see?
Thats a very immature act.

Do you know the kind of emotional scar you will inflict the mother of your children when she stumbles across this thread? It wouldn't be difficult for her to know she is the one been referred to.

My Advice:  Quickly edit and remove that list.

@ topic,

I hate women who engage in extra-marital affairs.  Once married, thats the end of sleeping around.  Sleeping around (although it is a sin and not justifiable) can be forgiven if it occurs before marriage.  After marriage is simply a no-no and disgusting.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by moremi2008(m): 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2012
Firearm:

geez,
Dont you think you are giving out too many personal information here.  How can you make that list for the whole world to see?
Thats a very immature act.

Do you know the kind of emotional scar you will inflict the mother of your children when she stumbles across this thread? It wouldn't be difficult for her to know she is the one been referred to.

My Advice:  Quickly edit and remove that list.

@ topic,

I hate women who engage in extra-marital affairs.  Once married, thats the end of sleeping around.  Sleeping around (although it is a sin and not justifiable) can be forgiven if it occurs before marriage.  After marriage is simply a no-no and disgusting.

Original post quoted for posterity grin grin grin grin grin

geeez:

I got married over 5years ago and 3 kids down the line I still don’t love my wife. 80% of me wanted a fling when it all started and 100% of my friends were too sure I couldn’t marry her but my mother liked her and she pulled those ‘wife material girl’ stunts which endeared some of my family members to her. Like in most Pentecostal Xtain homes, she took me to a ‘prophet’ before we got married and the man of God said he saw trouble which we could overcome through prayers. A few months later she got pregnant and before we knew it, we were married. Before we got married she confessed to having the following intimate relationships:

Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 25, 2012
All the complaints so far all i can say is SO? Please remember your vows and keep them. Remember what drew u to her in the first place. Marriage is a lifetime commitment. Go work on loving your wife.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by ronkebp(f): 3:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
jennykadry:

Jenny you can say that again, again and again!!!!! that woman na real ''basket mouth''.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by ronkebp(f): 3:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
@ Firearm, the posters wife, got what she deserved, ''embarassment'', because seriously, how can you confess all those things to a man and expect him to still be Sane?
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by MissyB3(f): 4:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
The only reason I think women should be secretive about their sexuaal experience is because of societal sexuual double standard, otherwise, there's no reason why a woman shouldn't feel free to clearly inform her husband(to-be) of her past (where he is one with a good head on his shoulder)

This fractiousness is simply because you never felt anything important for her from the start. Individuals who started off on a well-laid foundation still have to work hard to make their marriage work, how much more those who only wanted a fling and ended up tangled up in the net of marriage.
If you want your marriage to work, you must work on it.

This, and the number of men she slept with before marriage are mere excuses you want to capitalize on to 'justify' the lovelessness in your marriage and loss of interest in your woman/marriage.
Man, you much have you been of help? Yes, you can help her improve.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 4:28pm On Jan 25, 2012
ronkebp:

@ Firearm, the posters wife, got what she deserved, ''embarassment'', because seriously, how can you confess all those things to a man and expect him to still be Sane?

"He who has not sinned before should cast the first stone" (You-know-the-source)

She doesn't deserve listing all these on a public forum! Two wrongs dont make a right!
Some husbands have heard worse, and still can manage their marriage and families.
He knew all these before, and still went ahead to get her pregnant 3 times. They have three kids!!!

He should spend more of his time mending his family together, not washing dirty linens in the public!

Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Sagamite(m): 4:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
Missy_B:

The only reason I think women should be secretive about their sexuaal experience is because of societal sexuual double standard, otherwise, there's no reason why a woman shouldn't feel free to clearly inform her husband(to-be) of her past (where he is one with a good head on his shoulder)

All I will say is that: Just make sure you are a virgin, otherwise I no go gree at all if you even include ONE in the list.  angry

I don talk my own. I don warn you. sad

grin
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by MissyB3(f): 5:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
Sagamite:

All I will say is that: Just make sure you are a virgin, otherwise I no go gree at all if you even include ONE in the list.  angry

I don talk my own. I don warn you. sad

grin
You know you're going to be my first and last.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Sagamite(m): 5:19pm On Jan 25, 2012
Missy_B:

You know you're going to be my first and last.

And some moorons will say this girl is not special? undecided

See perfect answer. cheesy
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Osama10(m): 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2012
See why this is important, most men just can't take it knowing their wife to be has slept with myriads of men.

https://www.nairaland.com/Nigeria/topic-853235.0.html
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 25, 2012
"THOU SHALL NOT TRY TO TURN WH[b]O[/b]RES INTO WIFEYS!!!!!!"

@OP
if you havent thought of divorcing this rat by now (due to the serious lack of respect/infidelity/ diseases etc) then NOTHING or NOBODY can help you.

with all due respect, dont be offended if i call your wife a LovePeddler because THATS WHAT SHE IS!
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by ronkebp(f): 7:39pm On Jan 25, 2012
MBJ, eee don too late for him to divorce her, he soo knew what he was buying from the market, before deciding to marry her, and it was not even ''after one'' but ''three'', then he finally realised that he does not love his wife anymore because of her escapades, Omo, make e no think am at all.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 25, 2012
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by ronkebp(f): 7:46pm On Jan 25, 2012
^^^^^She has a licking mouth, her mouth is oversize grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Sagamite(m): 7:53pm On Jan 25, 2012
chaircover:

If I have the right end of the stick, she slept with men before she married and not after.

Double standards I should say, considering the poster was attempting to be chop and clean number 10 and run away before he was "caught" with food, sex, iyawo ile traits and pregnancy

How many men sleep with less than 9 women before they get married in this our today's world of facebook and twitter?.

I don't agree with the married men bit, but shouldn't the onus be on the man who took the vows? and I agree some of her relationships were just  lipsrsealed but lets ask ourselves the truth how many of us are proud of every single tiny weeny thing that we have done in our lives.

The woman talks to much sef . . . way too much  undecided

Actually, which ones were you not proud of?

Gi'me gist. [Pulls his cheeky monkey facial expression]
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 7:58pm On Jan 25, 2012
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by dayokanu(m): 8:10pm On Jan 25, 2012
geeez:

Thank God your wifre didnt include my name, When I was reading your post, my heart was beating very fast thinking I would see my name.

The girl self no dey try, Doesnt she knw the typical girl line: I have only slept with 2 guys, 1 was the guy who disvirgined me when I was young and the second was my last boyfriend of several years.

Every guy they meet is always their 3rd boyfriend
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Nobody: 8:18pm On Jan 25, 2012
@RonkeBP
thats too easy, some men would marry a she-goat, if it gets pregnant for him (we all know that) and therefore, telling him about her whoring past (now that she was pregnant) was a "cheap below the belt" shot, because he would have married the "mother of his kid" regardless.

the marriage was performed UNDER DURESS, and therefore should NOT be valid, (lol) or shouldnt mean shiit to this man , apart from the well being of his kid.this trick was fukcing just about anyone who wanted a piece of her. give her a lift and she is all yours. it surely shows the depth of her whoring abilities!!!!

the important question IS: would OP had married this animal if she wasnt pregnant?

btw: am i the only one who read the part where OP wrote that she cheated AFTER MARRIAGE too?! (or was it confession of OTHER affairs that she had BEFORE marriage?

geeez:

OP
pls confirm if these affairs that she confessed to (after marriage) happened BEFORE or AFTER marriage.
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by Sagamite(m): 8:26pm On Jan 25, 2012
chaircover:

^^^ I did 31mph on a 30mph limit road cool grin

grin grin grin grin grin

dayokanu:

Thank God your wifre didnt include my name, When I was reading your post, my heart was beating very fast thinking I would see my name.

The girl self no dey try, Doesnt she knw the typical girl line: I have only slept with 2 guys, 1 was the guy who disvirgined me when I was young and the second was my last boyfriend of several years.

Every guy they meet is always their 3rd boyfriend

Abi o. grin
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by IbroSaunks(m): 8:32pm On Jan 25, 2012
imagine being trapped with someone u r not comfortable with forever, till u die, every day,
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by ronkebp(f): 8:50pm On Jan 25, 2012
I am just seeing the ''after marraige part'' ( I am thinking dhe had those affairs before their marraige, and confessed some before and the rest after).

MBJ, the poster is not a baby, like someone asked if he was held at gun point during the marraige ceremony?, and he did not have to wait till after having 3 children before deciding he is no longer inlove with her. The wife slept with every and anything, and she told him, why didn't he run then? why now?
Re: Trapped In A Marriage by dasparrow: 9:47pm On Jan 25, 2012
That is what happens when one is residing in a very meddlesome society like Nigeria where people cannot mind their business but rather keep forcing marraige on others whether they are ready or not. This is the end result. One post after the other on nairaland from a spouse claiming to either cheat or no longer love their partner. Abeg make una carry go. I don't know why OP will even question his woman on how many men she has been with when he knows he cannot handle the truth. The average Nigerian man will refuse to continue dating you if you don't give him intimacy during the course of the relationship and then tomorrow, they turn around and expect women to be virgin wives and when that does not happen, they open stupid threads such as this whinning like a lil beoutch. How hypocritical.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Food Waste. Does This Happen In Every Home? Please How Did You Sort It Out. / Recommend A Beautiful Name For My Baby!!! / How To Know When The Make Up Artist Is In Love With The Groom(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.