Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? (5115 Views)

I Want To Start A Career In Software Development / Understanding Business Logic In Software Engineering / The Future In Software Development (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by FemiATL: 2:04am On Nov 16, 2007
The software industry in Nigeria is growing and doing well
http://www.spiralteck.com

Yinka007------Is this your company or you are just helping some company advertise------if so good site you have there. Are you registered on elance? If not please register with elance.com so that you can bid for contracts there and start earning dollars.
I will try to push your company if I know anyone who needs to build a site, all over.

How are your Java skills? Do you have experience in building servlets?

Good one man
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by MP007(m): 8:12am On Nov 16, 2007
where?/?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by luckia(m): 5:25pm On Nov 16, 2007
Hey Guys, to be very much sincere i am just a kid in programming, but from what you guys have just and what i know, even at schools our courses have bee far backdated, despite all that, we work all ourselves to get materials to build our intellectuals. All i'm saying is this, lets keep the spirit and i promise you no country aforementioned in the group house would beat us / say competitive.

I suggested we do a voluntary create this host room for open source first then our intimacy and trust will lead us to the next level, but thou the area of corruption by some bad mind,. there is always a way,
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by bakenda(m): 12:53am On Nov 19, 2007
Very nice thread.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by dasersoft: 9:07am On Nov 20, 2007
so guys what are we upto do we gat open source guys in Nigeria?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by naijafan(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2007
When you cannot program for 3 hours straight without being interrupted by NEPA, where could Nigeria possibly be?
get a generator, or a solid laptop. stupid excuse. . . angry
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by naijafan(m): 1:42pm On Nov 20, 2007
i'd say we are almost there. . . a lotta nigerians are doing big things in the software industry already. we also have a lot doing wack things, that's where the problem is. e.g. http://www.spoolhomes.com (really hope that changes soon or is taken off completely. lol)

there is this problem of everyone wanting to be an island. you see an individual as a web developer, flash developer, web designer, server admin, all join. . . in the end, the 'jack of all trade, master of none' effect comes into play. we need to develop team spirit.

people with knowledge often hoard them. in nigeria for instance, someone sells to you an ebook he downloaded for free at a ridiculous amount instead of pointing the learner to the link or better still, giving the ebook away. no individual has anythin to loose in sharing, the entire community has a lot to gain.

even on forums like this, someone posts a problem, and you see a response like
hi poster, my name is adamu eze. i can help you out, please contact me on 080xxxxxxx.
adamu eze, CCNA, CCNP, MCSD, HIV/AIDS grin
how is the community supposed to benefit that way? and you can be sure the poster's going to be set back by a few bucks.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by Panache(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2007
I truly agree with FemiATL view on this issue. I have worked with Western Europeans, Asians (Indians,Chinese & Japanese) and Americans. The only edge is that these guys are ready to share and learn new things. I once partnered with an Indian to set up a recruiting firm and most of the Indians we recruited had no fore-knowlegde of SW dev and we were able to place them after 6 months. Nigerians are very good developers and ready to share but the problemn with us is that some of us wants the easiest way out. The home system is not encouraging too. Why go to India when you can invest in some college students at home. I knew an Indian guy who had 15 years Oracle experience on his resume and couldn't figure out how to login to a dbase.

It is not too late guys, nairalanders can lead the way! Happy Thxgiving
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by georgen2u(m): 11:20am On Nov 22, 2007
Nigeria is still develping dont even mention they relly on others
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by dasersoft: 7:11pm On Nov 23, 2007
hey men at last we have an african open source forum. www.afrobyters.com
lets use this forum for problems relating to open source and other programming stuffs. men lets sure the white guys that ubuntu is from africa and so there are many afro byters in Nigeria.

www.afrobyters.com is the bomb for open source men
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by dasersoft: 6:37pm On May 07, 2008
all well said and done. where are the vibes in software technology? where are programmers who have the passion in information technology? where are those who can be bold enough to present issues about code optimization? who are those who see software above the coding level and wonder what implication can be found in a code after a given time? such are what we need to make Nigeria giant of the world in terms of software technology and not in terms of football. we need hands who have ideas and ready to code it out. Nigeria is about to rule. some one bet me. watch out there are world class projects that are eminent from this country. Nairalanders stay connected and watch out for the explosion. i have been busy in the african open source forum: www.afrobyters.com
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by kinswrld(m): 1:08pm On May 15, 2008
I really appreciate your effort you programmers of our Great country Nigeria for you planning’s you have to make a change to this country also to the IT world. I am a young programmer that when eve I read this page you give me more courage to keep put more effort to this thing that I have been think due to the interested I have for this program also I will like you great programmers to help we the young ones in the line we need to take so that we could also have a view / think the way you are. And let always put God in our planning so it could be perfected the way we want it. I will like if we could get talking better than this my mailbox is kinsworld21@yahoo.com or you could reach me with your mail box. Thanks
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by dasersoft: 10:47am On Sep 25, 2008
where are the programmers? can you solve most problems for the african IT industries? are you ready to meet up people with varying technological problems. get yourself registered with your problems and solutions at

www.afrobyters.com

And meet lots of programmers with problems.

STRICKLY OPEN SOURCE FORUM
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by dasersoft: 10:55am On Sep 25, 2008
where are the programmers? can you solve most problems for the african IT industries? are you ready to meet up people with varying technological problems. get yourself registered with your problems and solutions at

www.afrobyters.com

And meet lots of programmers with problems.

STRICKLY OPEN SOURCE FORUM
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by BigStar1(m): 3:41pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hi guys,
you making a lots of senses but i won't be happy to be left out.

I'm extra-ordinarily serious.

My email is bigstar4sure@yahoo.com

for chatting soleybancing@yahoo.com

phone 08060678106

Let's share contact
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by rockon(m): 7:49am On Oct 07, 2008
hi all

I m not a nigerian, i m an indian.

I think your government is not very affective or not thinking about IT sector.
They need to call the IT's company in our country and give them best facilities.
They showing them that we have , graduate and , masters in IT's and they doin that work.
And i thinking we(india) have 65% young generation. And they always looking forward.

thats i thinking.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by daser: 3:47am On Aug 10, 2010
hey rockon,
i started this discussion, one way or the other seun osewa deleted my account on facts based known to him. That aside i think rockon you are wrong. i dont see any hope in bringing indian companies and giving them fascilities. we have the brains and we can do it. well i appreciate indians in the aspect of information technologies cos i have worked with some of them, to be frank with you, we have better programmers in Nigeria with what i have seen with the indians. Dont get me wrong but i mean what i mean. Gone are the days when we feel we take our problems to india for solution, we can and i belive write a better software here in Nigeria. On the contrary, the government is not helping matters. so instead of our government giving indian IT companies fascilities, why cant they give home based IT firms?
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by milleymorhs(m): 12:00am On Nov 17, 2015
[color=#990000][/color] cheesy
i am a programmer but i think i need someone who can always encourage me,i am new in java possibly lookng for real time projects.
Re: Where Is Nigeria In Software Technology? by silento(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2015
when seun talked about nepa u people freak out calling him names.

I don't blame u people u think u can power ur generator with urine abi
or fuel never reach 150 per liter ur side

for our level I think that the government is to be blamed

electronic and power are like heaven and earth no power no electronics

we are no where

for open source I fall for that once and am not doing it again open source ur software and watch someone get rich with it and he can't give u a common credit

abi u think bill gates and Steve are all crazy

no dey look Linux abeg they are fund by big companies that's why it is free someone had already paid for ur software

the secret to success is hiding ur source

no body will wake up and start open source unless he want to advertise his product or some helping hands or free ideals

if whatsapp was open source I don't think Facebook will border paying to acquire it they will develop whatsapp alike so
my brothers and sister forget open source and am make great software

we Nigerians don't value any thing we acquired for free

make them pay for ur code

if u think Linux is free then ur time is worthless that same law also applies in coding

insult is welcomed but the truth is always bitter

(1) (2) (Reply)

Please Any Php/mysql Developers Whatsapp Group Out There? / Asp Classic To Search For Records Between Two Dates / How Can I Land My First Programing Job With No Job Exp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.