Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,506 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:03 PM

Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. (13095 Views)

Visa Interview Date With The American Embassy, Any Advice? / Red Alert! American Embassy Abuja, Keep Away From The Asian Lady. / My Experience At The American Embassy Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Dantecmu(m): 11:48pm On Oct 12, 2007
Just want to know who has gotten a US visiting visa with Scanned copy of invitation letter and green card? just got info that the US embassy dont recognize scanned copies of the above documents how through is this. who has has gottn an american visa with a scanned copy of invitation letter, or who has bein denied due to the above reason.

ciao
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by uspry1(f): 12:07am On Oct 13, 2007
If US embassy does not recognize the scanned copy of invitation letter, then why don't you print out that scanned copy of invitation letter prior your visa interivew appointment due?

It is not hard to do. US embassy prefers original faxed document of invitation letter or DHL/Fedex delivered invitation letter instead of emailed scanned copy of invitation letter via file attachment directly that is unacceptable.

Good luck!
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Dantecmu(m): 1:30am On Oct 13, 2007
@uspry 1
My uncle couldnt send a faxed copy instead he scanned it and sent it to my email my appointment is very soon and th it would be inconviniencing asking him to send me a faxed copy of those documents what do you think. i know the british embassy got no probs with scanned documents. what do you think.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by uspry1(f): 1:43am On Oct 13, 2007
For me, nothing wrong with printed out the scanned copy of invitation letter via email prior your visa interivew appointment due, because when someone is not able to send by fax due to difficult dial up the international fax number on the fax machine or internet fax from the USA.

This is my opinion! To be honest with you, I never seen anyone, Nigerian tried using the scanned copy of supporting documents for US visiting visa requirement. That is why I look out here NL posting daily basis.

I also never seen anyone here approved US visiting visa entering to the US successfully.

You are the first person asking this, hoping you will continue post here to let us know if you are succeed approved US visiting visa in order for me to inform my Nigeria friend who is on the same boat as you are.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Dantecmu(m): 3:38am On Oct 13, 2007
@ uspry1
would definately keep you posted ok i.
ciao.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by wed123(m): 3:39am On Oct 13, 2007
Dantecmu, do not present the scanned copies of those documents. Instead, by all means, let your uncle fax them. Trust me on this. Their (embassy officials') general impression is that such "scanned" documents can be easily "created" at home. On the other hand, the fax number on the document would give them greater confidence that the document did in fact originate from overseas. Do let us know how it goes. Goodluck!
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Dantecmu(m): 4:47am On Oct 13, 2007
wed123:

Dantecmu, do not present the scanned copies of those documents. Instead, by all means, let your uncle fax them. Trust me on this. Their (embassy officials') general impression is that such "scanned" documents can be easily "created" at home. On the other hand, the fax number on the document would give them greater confidence that the document did in fact originate from overseas. Do let us know how it goes. Goodluck!

Men ma bro this is quite depressing my appointment date is some few hours from now infact i thought i had everything all covered up and just wanted to know what pples view where on this i cant call off my appointment and i cant cancel this appointment. the scanned copy is signed and dated i dont do fraud especially when biometrics is involved. Although everything boils down to his Grace. The question still remains that has nobody being issued a visitors visa with scanned documents.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Nobody: 4:52am On Oct 13, 2007
Scanned documents? You are better off asking your uncle to fax you the original ASAP.
The embassy officials know that even public institutions here in the US send out authentic invitation letters ON OFFICIAL LETTER HEADS. Dont expect them to give you a second look when you show them a photocopy.

If this is the one day you will inconvenience your uncle pls do. Once denied it is extremely difficult to get another visa.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by Dantecmu(m): 6:19am On Oct 13, 2007
@davidylan
Thanks man was expecting some positive news at least, but i guess the truth aint that tastefull, would see what i can come up with today but if i dont get it i would have to make do of what i have and pray that a miracle happens. The US embasyy actaully did deny me once in 2004 but that was an F1 visa thats why am so scared of them would definatly keep the house posted POSITIVE OR NEGATIVE. Alternatively since its all about convincin them that its real i could print out the email page an attach to it so they see my uncles email address as well. watcha think bout it.

ciao
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by promise72(m): 7:21am On Oct 13, 2007
@ poster,

All i can tell u is that "when it rains, it pours" and according to law of nature, "whatever will go wrong will go wrong" If you cannot get an original copy, by all mean come up with a cogent reason why not. e.g the first one sent was lost in the mail or so and the time is too close etc.

Here are few tips for you:

There is little an opinion of anyone here matters, it has to do with how the interviewer "feels you".
"Round out your edges" (be organised. You can label each documents needed and give as asked)
Be cooooool.
GET UR STORY RIGHT!.
Story 1 shouldnt conflict story 2.
"Answer only questions asked. No long story.
Be polite without looking like a slave wink or too desperate.
I suggest you wear subtle color. Navy Blu Suit or Grey will be my choice.
Get HAIRCUT. Corporate Responsible
Be well Groomed. Mouthstash, Beard etc
And Lastly, Have Faith and Pray.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by wed123(m): 2:13am On Oct 14, 2007
Listen Dantecmu,

First time I applied for a visa (student) I naively went with an expired bank statement. Someone spotted this right there at the embassy grounds, and fellow "applicants" completely wrote me off. Guess what? I still got the visa while most of those guys who did not fancy my chances ended up being denied.

My point is: at times like this, when you've tried your best, let God take control of the rest. The ultimate decision is made by God. Just ask God to take cahrge and to put the right words in you mouth. My prayers are with you.
Re: Urgent? Does The American Embassy Recognise Scanned Copies Of Invition Letter. by obiguy(m): 3:59am On Oct 14, 2007
i definitely agree with you, ive been to the embassy with everything needed to go to america, but was denied, so its not a matter of complicity, just pray and have faith, if it will be it will be, if other wise then it will also be, good luck

(1) (Reply)

Which Is More Beautiful? Lagos Or Abuja / Why Are Middle Class Nigerians Relocating To Canada? / WES Evaluation (canada) #help A Novice#

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.