Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,765 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:20 AM

Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? (2868 Views)

Prophet Victor Ajibishe: Expect Bomb Blasts In 4 Different Parts Of Abuja / See What This Dude Is Giving To God / I Always Cry Whenever I Pray. Why? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Iniobon(m): 9:24pm On Jan 27, 2012
I observe that i have not given any thing to God without expecting blessing in return. I dont know how to format my heart to learn to give to God with out expecting anything in return. I just feel gilt in my spirit and am even threatening not to give any longer until i can learn to give God without expecting one miracle or the other. Please advise me.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Lasinoh: 10:02pm On Jan 27, 2012
You cannot give to God WHAT HE ALREADY OWNS!
He gave them to you IN THE FIRST PLACE.
You can NEVER give him back what he created.
Duh!

Answer. NO! kiss
You will still be plagued with the same problems as non-believers.
IT WILL BE YOU PORTION TOO. . . YOU WILL ALSO DIE ONE DAY!!!

Go and live your life and wait for your turn.
The so-called children of God are no more blessed or cursed than the so-called children of Satan.
Na God create all of we.

Show me your life and let me show your mine? Any difference? grin
I still better pass you! kiss
Kpele o! cheesy
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by God2man(m): 11:22pm On Jan 27, 2012
Naturally, one will always expect result after giving, but you need to know that your LOVE for God is paramount in this regard. First thing first, surrender your life to him, then it will be easier to give without expecting anything. One thing is sure, harvest time can only be determine by God. You have to continue to plant your seed on a Good soil faithfully, after which the Lord will touch the heart of somebody to bless you. Love for God is the first thing. Do you really care for the things of God? Seek first the kingdom of God and the rest will be added after you have been tested and approved by God. It takes time for a seed of mango to get to a stage of harvest. May the Lord give you wisdom to do the right thing for progress of his work. God bless you. God2man.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by OmoPastor(m): 12:30am On Jan 28, 2012
@ poster

giving yourself first is paramount and very important.

your giving is as a result of your love for God's kingdom so you must be blessed in various forms cos whenever you give, you activate something on your behalf.

your giving is a sacrifice that activates angelic interference on your behalf. nobody gives to God without being rewarded because it is a law: Luke 6: 38. giving does not only attract blessings to you but its an indication that you have overcome greed and that nothing is too big for you to release, what many people die trying to get is what you release out.

whenever you give, you exhibit your true nature which is the nature of your Father.

1 Like

Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Iniobon(m): 5:03am On Jan 28, 2012
Thank you very much all the contributors. Where am driving at is a case where i wld sow because i have a need which i want God to provide in return. For instance i dont have a job and i keep sowing so that God wld provide me with a job. I think am been hypocritic here. One of the contributor said talked about love yes, i think he is correct because if i love God, i wld not give to HIM and consciously expect something in return.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by yemisolar(m): 8:20am On Jan 28, 2012
op. I want you to know that it it not wrong to expect something from God in response to your giving. It is only wrong if you think it is your giving that makes God to respond-that is pride.

To butress my point, what did you give God to give you life or salvaion? It is important to know that God loves you irrespective of your giving and He is His will to give you a good job.

In believing God for a job, the first thing is not to start throwing money at him(no pun intended). The first thing is to go into Gods word and study scriptures about work and the people God provided such for in the bible. Use such scriptures to build your faith and thank God that He has created one for you. Then your giving is a demonstration of your faith and thanksgiving that He has provided.

from my own experience, if you do this whole heartedly you will loose attention for your joblessness as He will meet your basic needs and in the process direct you on what steps to take and in what direction. Trust me the word works EVERYTIME.

Finally,dont zero in your mind. Sometimes the answer to our prayer is right around us but we dont see it because we are looking at the wrong places. Your answer might not be a job directly, i may just be a thought, an idea or a relationship that God will activate in your life. God bless you.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Image123(m): 10:26am On Jan 28, 2012
OP, I think yemisolar has answered your questions. Just to add that, it's okay to expect to receive when you give. You would receive when you give, either to God, man or dog. It's a 'principle/law' abi what do those talkers call it. Even Jesus said "give, and it shall be given to you". So when you give, either to God(as you said) or man, it will be given to you one way or the other. BUT, don't give just because you want to receive, that attitude is not spirikocolly correct. Give because God is a giver, and giving therefore is godly.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Joagbaje(m): 11:10am On Jan 28, 2012
There are different kinds of seeds which gives birth to different kinds of harvest.
There are also different manner of givings . All these will determine the end result.

There's a harvest for every giving. But times it comes in ways we couldn't imagine.

The only time one may not receive is if there's wrong giving or wrong attitude in given.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by jookunlaja(m): 12:33am On Apr 26, 2013
Joagbaje is right,though it is biblical to always expect God's reward whenever we give but we must look away from the gift or the resultant reward and focus our attention on the Lord who can do much more than we can ever think or ask in prayers.Lets look more to God to reward us in his own way and method and not just we expecting one gbam blessing every time we give.In fact,we can never out give God because he gave us everything we have in the first place.However,for every act of obedience,there is always reward.
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by Nobody: 5:39am On Apr 26, 2013
yemi solar: op. I want you to know that it it not wrong to expect something from God in response to your giving. It is only wrong if you think it is your giving that makes God to respond-that is pride.

To butress my point, what did you give God to give you life or salvaion? It is important to know that God loves you irrespective of your giving and He is His will to give you a good job.

In believing God for a job, the first thing is not to start throwing money at him(no pun intended). The first thing is to go into Gods word and study scriptures about work and the people God provided such for in the bible. Use such scriptures to build your faith and thank God that He has created one for you. Then your giving is a demonstration of your faith and thanksgiving that He has provided.

from my own experience, if you do this whole heartedly you will loose attention for your joblessness as He will meet your basic needs and in the process direct you on what steps to take and in what direction. Trust me the word works EVERYTIME.

Finally,dont zero in your mind. Sometimes the answer to our prayer is right around us but we dont see it because we are looking at the wrong places. Your answer might not be a job directly, i may just be a thought, an idea or a relationship that God will activate in your life. God bless you.

hmm very insightful.

i esp. like the bold!! cool
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by dorox(m): 9:15am On Apr 26, 2013
@OP - How did you manage to give to God?
Re: Should I Always Expect Blessings Each Time I Give To God? by saintvc(m): 11:34am On Apr 26, 2013
You never gave to God. U gave to your pastor

(1) (Reply)

Where Do Wailing Women Prayer Group Hold In Abuja / The Problem With The Black Man / Peace With God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.