Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,804 members, 7,820,815 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:18 PM

Ucas Application: - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ucas Application: (1266 Views)

What Does UCAS And VMCAS Means? / Help!: What Is The Ucas Score For Ssce? / Online Ucas Application (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ucas Application: by hotchic1(f): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2007
Has anyone evr gone through this process or is going through it at the moment.
At present,I am doing my A2 and needs to apply to the uni through ucas and i found some questions a bit difficult and the admission tutors in my college aint very helpful,i will be glad if anyone knows what i need to put in the column which says "activities in preparing for higher education" and who has been to Hertfordshire University,what is it like,
Re: Ucas Application: by naijacutee(f): 12:27am On Oct 14, 2007
Oh dear. . . I can't remember what the UCAS form looks like anymore but I think basically, you need to tell them why you are interested in the course you want to study and that is the column where you get all sentimental and tell them things you have done that prove you have a passion for your intended subject. If you have ever volunteered, even on a one-off project, or mentored, or even led a small group at your church etc : Say it there.

As for the University of Hertfordshire - All I can say is that Hatfield is not the best town in England. There is crime here, and if you do not drive, and prowl the streets alone at night, you may get robbed. The University is superb though, it is very standard in every way (I think this is just to compensate for the shittiness of Hatfield). When you apply to UCAS, someone will call you to encourage you to come to UoH. The Uni is so good, and graduates from here have worked on every single Harry Potter film. Also, the Mech. Eng department is very sound and they are involved with designing Formula One cars every year. Recently, I heard something about a completed project which was a rocket, and the first Hydrogen -powered F1 car but I'm not too sure how exactly it went. The morale of the story is that the Uni is good but the town. . . Hmm, well just be good and you'll be fine. grin
Re: Ucas Application: by hotchic1(f): 8:58pm On Oct 14, 2007
Thanks,
Re: Ucas Application: by xxxifyxxx(f): 11:28am On Dec 17, 2008
Thanx for d gud comment bout uni of hertfordshire cos by God's grace i'l be there in january,

(1) (Reply)

Unizik Releases First Batch / SSANU And NASSU To Call Off Strike Withing Next Four Days. / Michael Okpara University Of Agriculture, Umudike (mouau) 2010/2011 Post Utme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.