Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,783 members, 7,820,742 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:35 PM

How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? (1822 Views)

City Of Glory Redemtion Ministries Senior Pastor Apostle Esosa Emuze Dead!! / Pastor Adeboye, Shuns Calls From His Senior Pastors To Quit As He Turns 70 / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by kess1(m): 9:22pm On Jan 29, 2012
Please i need an urgent answer to this question:How Can A Junior pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? Your answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Image123(m): 9:45pm On Jan 29, 2012
He doesn't need the same grace as his senior pastor, he needs the grace of the Lord Jesus that is sufficient for him. If he's born again, he can get it by coming boldly before the throne of grace and asking for grace.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Acidosis(m): 9:54pm On Jan 29, 2012
poster, what do you understand about grace? do you mean gifts of the spirit? Cos gifts are from God not your senior pastor. And the 'calling' varies.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by God2man(m): 7:57am On Jan 30, 2012
How many people want to exprience what Jesus went through before he died? I am sure, many people will run away. Your senior pastor must have gone through some rigourous experiences, that if you dare hear those things, you will run away. The truth is that God will always allow his chosen one to pass through the fire, he can only mould those he has melted, so, if you want to receive the grace of your senior pastor, you have to be ready to face what your senior pastor encountered during his ministerial journey.

All you need to do, start small, be faithful in the place where you are, no matter how irrelevant your position is, remeber, you are not only working for your senior pastor, you are working for God and yourself. What your senior pastor cannot see, God is able to see everything. Overall, if you are faithfull in small thing, just like your senior pastor did when he first started, you will be made the head of greater things to come. God bless you. God2man.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 8:18am On Jan 30, 2012
kess.1:

Please i need an urgent answer to this question:How Can A Junior pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? Your answer will be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

When we talk about grace in this context . It has to do wi abilities or gifts. Eg healing, teaching,miracles etc,

Naturally a junior minister operates under the grace of the senior pastor.

Philippians 1:7
. . , ye all are partakers of my grace.

It's possible for a junior pastor to have greater grace than the senior in some cases. Based on Gods calling . But a junior pastor must be wise and humble enough to submit his gift under the leadership of the senior .a senior padtor must be humble enough also to recognize the grace and abilities in the lives of subordinates especially in the areas he may lack ability. He should rather help them know how to use their graces aright instead of entering competition on imposing sanctions. The grace comes from God . But still subject to order.

A good example is prophesying, a pastor may not have grace in the area of prophesying but he may have an assistant with such ability, even an usher may have such ability. The pastor should not say "when did the spirit of God bypass me to you? Like zedekiah

1 Kings 22:24
24 But Zedekiah the son of Chenaanah went near, and smote Micaiah on the cheek, and said, Which way went the Spirit of the Lord from me to speak unto thee?
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Nobody: 8:40am On Jan 30, 2012
Phil 1:7 (NIV) It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart and, whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in God’s grace with me.

Phil 1:7 (NLT)7 So it is right that I should feel as I do about all of you, for you have a special place in my heart. You share with me the special favor of God, both in my imprisonment and in defending and confirming the truth of the Good News.

Phil 1:7 (NKJV) just as it is right for me to think this of you all, because I have you in my heart, inasmuch as both in my chains and in the defense and confirmation of the gospel, you all are partakers with me of grace.

Full text from beginning of chapter

Paul and Timothy, bondservants of Jesus Christ,
1 To all the saints in Christ Jesus who are in Philippi, with the bishops[a] and deacons:
2 Grace to you and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.
3 I thank my God upon every remembrance of you,
4 always in every prayer of mine making request for you all with joy,
5 for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now,
6 being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;

Pstr Jo, are you guilty of misapplication or twisting?

kess.1:

I think this should do
Image123:

He doesn't need the same grace as his senior pastor, he needs the grace of the Lord Jesus that is sufficient for him. If he's born again, he can get it by coming boldly before the throne of grace and asking for grace.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Claus(m): 10:58am On Jan 30, 2012
^^^
Excellent example of why we should always read around a verse by ourselves. Nice one.
Re: How Can A Junior Pastor Get The Same Grace As His Senior Pastor? by Joagbaje(m): 1:30pm On Jan 30, 2012
musKeeto:

Full text from beginning of chapter
Pstr Jo, are you guilty of misapplication or twisting?

No, it's to illustrate a principle. Grace flows from the head to others .

(1) (Reply)

Atheism Is Not So Bad Afterall / Top 10 Largest Religions Inthe World 2013. / BREAKING NEWS: There Is No Hell Fire; Adam & Eve Not Real ––– Pope Francis Expos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.