Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,654 members, 7,820,277 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:29 PM

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res (9595 Views)

Chris And Anita Oyakhilome: The Truth You Never Knew / Pastor Of Grace Assembly Trying To Squeeze A Woman's Boobs (photos) / Sex In The Church! Wife Accuses Top Lagos Pastor Of Sleeping With Church Members (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res by crossman9(m): 1:32am On Mar 04, 2012
Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, the Senior Pastor of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, responds to Pastor Chris Okotie's allegations.
What is your response to the series of allegation concerning your relationship with T.B. Joshua?
A: This is to let you to know the truth about these issues. I want to read something to you first from Col. 2 verse 9, The statements made by Chris Okotie of the Household of God are absolutely false. They're wrong, they are lies. Fabrication of lies and here is why I got so shocked, disturbed and troubled

that one who professes to be a Christian and a man of God will face the camera and tell so many lies. I'm ashamed that among Christians, we could have such characters. I'm amazed, I'm shocked, I'm amazed! It's just unthinkable to imagine that one would fabricate such lies. It takes a demonic presence, it takes the influence of devils to come out like that and tell lies like that. I'm shocked.

Q: Pastor Chris Okotie said something about your association with T.B. Joshua in your university days?
A: All right .For example, Chris Okotie said that em. Right from my university days, how in the fellowships, how T.B. Joshua has chosen me or those who had been in the cult of the beasts and how they have chosen me. How old is T.B Joshua. The man is just 38 years old, how old could he have been when I was in the university. Think about it, and then he's said to have been looking for young men to pick up, how old was he. And that I knew T.B. Joshua all these years, and that I got to meet him in 1994 and in 1996. Absolute nonsense. It's all false. I don't know how Chris Okotie got his information, how he came about this kind of fabrications. But I just wonder, if he's able to fabricate these things, then I don't know what kind of spirit is working in him, definitely not the right spirit.

Q: How long ago did you meet T.B Joshua?
A: I only got to know T.B. Joshua, few months ago, contrary to the 1994 or 1996 experience that Chris Okotie is talking about. I don't know where he got it. Its nonsense, and then he's trying to spiritualise it. And how that they had this plan for me and how we had these plans spiritually and all kinds of nonsense. I didn't spiritualise it as he does in many other things. It's nonsense. I got to meet him few months ago i.e. Joshua.

Q: Have you explained all these to your congregation.
A: Of course, our church is like a family. Even though it is large and of several thousands. I told them about my encounter with T.B Joshua and several other ministers, whom I have met over the period. I just talked about it, and then showed them the tape. You see, I showed them the video and they saw it. The whole congregation saw that video, I don't know where Chris Okotie got his information from. Definitely, it must have come from the pit of hell or somewhere. He said that I told the congregation that I went to the synagogue and asked them to pray for me and asked that they should bless me and then how the man laid hands on me and all kinds of nonsense.
There's no minister of God in this country who laid or has laid hands on me. It's amazing. The question that maybe an intelligent person should ask Chris Okotie is: Were you in that congregation, how did you get to know? He tells people about things that happen in T.B, Joshua's house, in T.B. Joshua's room. He te1ls people about things that are happening in our

congregation, he tells people about things that are happening in the deepest places. How? is it God who is revealing lies to him. Who would have told him these things as he says? He is a minister of God, he should know that he needs to find out the truth about whatever it is he hears. It's wrong for him to speak about the matter until he has heard clearly about it. There’s no such thing. It's false. It never happened, it's false.

Q: How would you explain specific occult terminologies that Pastor Chris Okotie used?
A: Now, you know, listening to him Chris Okotie, you would think that his information is coming from God. Now he is quoting the occult much more than he's quoting the Bible. You see, he's talking about the finger of God and I will come to that later on. The finger of God and various ways you said you know the shamans well. You have to read the book of the Shamans to come about that. If you study the Bible, the Bible never tells you that it's only magicians that use what he calls the finger of God. He manufactured those teachings; they're not in the Bible. He's talking about occult books; he's not talking from the Bible. This guy needs to be checked. Something is gone definitely wrong with him. If he can tell these lies and then cooks up stories and fabricates these things and also begins to quote from the occult books, something is definitely wrong. Something is wrong somewhere.
Q: How about the purchase of land and the funding for your ministry?
A: Now I think that if Chris Okotie declares that he's aware of how I received money and got money for television programmes and got money for land and all these things, someone needs to ask him how he came about all these information.

And by the way, I didn't receive any money from anybody like that. I didn't receive funds from any such ministry or any ministry around. I've not solicited for funds the way he thinks or may be the way he does. I haven't done that. You see, our ministry is large. You have to understand this; we have a large ministry in this country and around the world. We are on television in almost every state in this country and we are on television in several countries of the world.

We got a lot of work going on outside the country. And if he's wondering how to get money, I can teach him from the Bible. It's very simple; if God sends you then God will fund you. That's it. You don't have to beg anybody for money. I know that they've been wondering how can I do all these things and so he has to say so many things about T.B Joshua and how the man got so much money, because when he sees the white people, maybe foreigners who come to Nigeria to visit the man, he thinks every white man you see represents some dollars or foreign currency or some thousands of dollars.

May be that's what goes through his mind and that's carnal. I don't think that's right. You see, I have access to a lot of money. By the name of Jesus Christ, God can bless me supernaturally and He does. So he doesn't know how to get money, because if he doesn't know how to relate with the one who he says sent him. If God sent him, he ought to know. So it's absolute nonsense. I don't know, I didn't go to that Airport Hotel that he talked about. I don't know what he's saying. It’s so strange. You see, listening to him, I was in shock, shocked because I didn't expect a Christian minister or anybody who professes to know God, anybody who has listened to the teachings of Jesus Christ to fabricate lies.

On the other hand, if he says that he got his information from anywhere, then he should have found out. A true Christian ought to find out. But something is wrong with the man, something is wrong with him. I say it takes demonic influence to tell lies like these. You can not say these things if you are a Christian. You will have to have demonic influence to do these things.

Q: How long have you been in the ministry?
A: Now maybe I should give you a kind of a background because sometimes you may wonder how did you come about all that you're doing. Chris Okotie has only been in the ministry for a few years, I regard that as few because he's been there for about 14 years or so. I have been in the ministry for more than 20 years of my life. My grand uncle was the founder of the Assemblies of God of Nigeria. I come from a lineage of several pastors. Some are ministers, so I know what exactly I'm talking about. I was born-again before I was nine years old. All the time I was holding crusades, Chris Okotie was still dancing and singing for the world. He (don't) know nothing about Jesus, so if he says he is been studying the Bible, he hasn't learnt nothing yet. Now let's look at it, being a minister for that long and studying the scriptures, you ought to know something about the Bible.

Q: Did T.B. Joshua lay hand, on you?
A: I do not know anything about what Chris Okotie is saying: how I was in the cult of the beasts or whatever it is. He is fabricating these things, you have to understand, this man is being motivated may be by devils or something. You have to realise that the healing ministry always has persecutions. If you are involved in the healing ministry, there will be persecution. The people who would be forced to misunderstand you because they don't know anything about the healing ministry, they don't understand the power of God.

Now Chris Okotie says that, at least, he believed somewhere sometime that may be I was a true minister of God some time and then he says may be I changed. Alright, if I did have the Holy Spirit which he says he has, and I went to Joshua whom he feels is a false prophet. Now he says the Holy Spirit of God is greater than demons, how were they now able to transfer demon into me. Of course I can see, immediately he said I must have submitted you know, and received those demons and devils in. Anyway, nobody laid hands on me and like he said. I never told anybody that someone laid hands on me. It's all a fabrication, lies by Chris Okotie. It's all false, all false.

Q: But, Pastor Okotie speaks with much authority?
A: Now, let's look at it, if the background of his information is wrong, them his teaching is wrong. It is not true as it is not true that I met this man in 1994 and or 1996 and it is not true that I received any money for television or for lands as he said. Then all the spiritualised teaching that he is basing on these things will be false as well. It's all wrong, it's all wrong.

", Chris Okotie has only been in the ministry for a few years, I regard that as few because he's been there for about 14 years or so. I have been in the ministry for more than 20 years of my life. My grand uncle was the founder of the Assemblies of God of Nigeria, I was born-again before I was nine years old, "

Q: Are you a member of the PFN?
A: Now looking at methods of ministry, I think people sometimes get confused about God's words, like he is confused and several others are confused. And this couldn't have been that serious, I wouldn't have bothered to reply him if not that, be went on to mention the Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN) and the Bishop of TREM. (Mike Okonkwo) who is the president of PFN.

The PFN is not God. Therefore, I don't need their validation to be a minister of the gospel. I have never been a member of the PFN. I am not a registered member of the PFN. I never filled a form, I've never applied to them. But I believe in what they're doing as Christians and so whenever I get letters from them and they request for money, I send them funds, but I've never been a member, at least in an official capacity. You see I believe in what they say and do as Christians, but that is not to say that they are the one to give validation to anybody or to anyone's Christianity or our ministry's validation. I have never needed Chris Okotie's validation. I have never needed PFN's validation. I've been doing the things I've been doing by the spirit of God, and I think that that's important. So, it's not right to judge you with one standard and judge others with another standard and that's what they are trying to do.

Q: But he said Bishop Okonkwo, the PFN president spoke to you about these issues?
A: It's unfortunate that he mentioned Bishop Mike Okonkwo in his telecast. It's unfortunate that he did, and I have already spoken to Bishop Okonkwo on the phone and I said if it is true that you said the things that Chris Okotie quoted you to have said, I said then it's a shame and I'm disappointed. Of course, he said, he didn't say those things, that are what he said. And I said if you didn't watch the programme, then get the tape and see it. Right, so I hope he didn't say that, I really hope he didn't say that because it didn't happen. What Chris Okotie quoted him to have said about me between the two of us never happened. So that's another falsehood.

Q: What do you understand by "Finger of God" as alleged by Pastor Okotie?
A: Now on the issue of the finger of God, I told you I was going to come back to that. He says the finger of God, trying to spiritualise all these things. Chris Okotie should be asked. Where do you get those teachings from? He got them from occultic books. Now if the occults, if they sing, does that mean that when we sing, it's wrong to sing because they sing in the occults.
If they offer sacrifices like giving offerings in their meetings which they do, does it mean that when we give offerings in church, we are performing occult practices. In the occult they pray, does it mean that when we pray in the church, it is an occult practice. Something is gone wrong with the man.

God said to Moses, stretch your hand towards Egypt and Moses stretched his hand and signs and wonders took place. God said to Moses, stretch your hands over the Red Sea and divide it, and Moses stretched his hands over the Red Sea and God divided the Red Sea. That was the power of God that was the ordinance. So if they stretch their hands in the occult, does it mean that when we stretch our hands, something is gone wrong, that it's an occultic practice? Don't you realise that God came before the devil, don't you realise it's the devil that copies God and not God that copies the devil?. Don't you understand that it's the occult that copies good things in the church, because they have to counterfeit something from the church?

In the book of Acts, chapter 4 verses 29 & 30, when the apostles prayed they said: ", By stretching forth their hands to heal, ", how does God stretch forth his hands. Remember, we are his living tabernacles today. How does God work today? How does God speak today? God speaks with our mouths. God speaks through our tongues. He walks with our legs, He moves with our bodies, He stretches forth His hands through our hands. When we stretch forth our hands, he stretches forth His hands. That's the reason why the Bible says in Act 5, verse 12; ", And by the hands of the apostles….”

They prayed together that he would stretch forth his hand, so we don't always have to touch the person because sometime we can't touch that person. Sometimes we can, maybe because of the distance. Sometimes we lay our hands. Do you realise in the Bible all the time Jesus ministered to multitudes, it was only one occasion that Jesus laid hands on everybody. Other times he would speak to them and say get up, and they got up. Somebody touched the hem of his garment and was healed. Jesus didn't say anything to her. She just touched him and was healed. Sometimes Jesus touched them and they were healed, like he touched the mother of Simon Peter's wife. He just touched her; the Bible doesn't say that he laid hands. To lay your hands and to touch are two different things. He just touched her and she was healed. Sometimes, we barely touch, we are directing the power of God. You see the man is ignorant of the power of God and that's the point. He's ignorant.

Q: What do you think he has against your miraculous healing?
A: You know in our meetings, sometimes as we worship, the power of God comes and people start coming out of wheel chairs and people are getting healed and they begin to run forward and say I got a testimony and that's just at the time of worship and mass praying. So people are accustomed to that now. But they have never known that like Jesus and like the apostles, we can lay our hands or we can speak the words to someone who is sick, who is blind or deaf and have a miracle take place. Because they don't have that boldness enough, they can't dare it. They are afraid to do that. How many of them have ministered to someone who was crippled and have seen the crippled healed instantly. They've never seen that and so when they see it they go against it because it has proved positive that the power they say they have, they really don't have. That's the trouble. Like the Bible says, the Pharisees and the Sadducees were only envious of Jesus. They were envious of the power of God and they try to fabricate lies and say that the power came from somewhere. So, he used to believe that I had something, now he wants to tell people that the power came from someone else. I tell you the truth; this has got nothing to do with T B Joshua. It's not because of T.B Joshua that he's been saying this. He's been looking for an opportunity to say these things. And that's the reason they never talked with me, that’s the reason they couldn't ask me any questions and so they had to lie that TB Joshua laid hands on me.

Q: Is T.B. Joshua a Satanist as alleged?
A: Now, about TB. Joshua, let's look at it for a moment; because I wouldn't condemn a man that they have condemned, does that make me an enemy of God? Are they God, must I condemn somebody because you condemned that person. You're not God. Satanics have given their lives to Christ. There are many Satanics who have confessed Jesus Christ and come to Christ.

Even the Bar Jesus he talking about confessed Jesus Christ and came to him. There are many people who never knew Jesus, who despised him; even Saul of Tarsus was injurious, made havoc on the church. He was an enemy of God and he came to Jesus Christ. Jesus loved him called him and welcomed him. And I am just like Jesus, and that is their trouble because I wouldn't hate with them and condemn with them.
Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res by wesley80(m): 12:22pm On Mar 04, 2012
Would u be generous enough to post the source of this interview? It would be appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Chris Oyakhilome, The Senior Pastor Of Christ Embassy, Lagos Nigeria, Res by crossman9(m): 4:25pm On Mar 04, 2012
sorry brother i can't find the link but i will keep looking i copied it of a site bless you have nice day

(1) (Reply)

The Concept Of Trinity: What Is Your Perception Of God The Holy Spirit? / The Sweetness Of Sin / Pope Francis Speaks On ‘Frequent Kidnappings’ In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.