Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:03 AM

Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 - Sports (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 (33471 Views)

FORMULA ONE F1 Official SeasonThread - Revamped / FORMULA ONE (F1 2013) Official Thread For 2013 Season / F1 Zone: Formula One Racing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Massa is flying. He would probably be battling at the front if not for his race strategy being totally tied to helping Alonso. Red Bull should made the same call with Webber 3 GPs ago.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:01pm On Nov 25, 2012
Just keep Alonso outta the podium that's all I need! Vettel doesn't need to go kamikaze here

RBR's straight line speed is lamentable tho
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Alonso is too damn slow, barring retirements he may not make the podium. I suspect Ferrari will have to get Massa to the front and back the other cars up so Alonso can pass them.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
montelik: Massa is flying. He would probably be battling at the front if not for his race strategy being totally tied to helping Alonso. Red Bull should made the same call with Webber 3 GPs ago.
Webber is just a wasteman! He has been copping retirements instead of helping his teammate. Vettel has had to do this by himself.

Kobayashi doing some auditioning today! Nice to also see Schummie moving up
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:14pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hulkenberg is dodgy! Losing time on those tires Vettel might have to push the tempo here cos a pit would move Alonso up a notch
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:19pm On Nov 25, 2012
Kobayashi will collect Vettel if he attempts a pass. I think he should hold back. Alonso pace is too poor for me to see him any better than p2 (barring incidences). Kobayashi will pit soon.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:21pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hamilton leading anyway. Alonso had this race gift-wrapped for him disappointed with his driving so far

RB don't fail Vettel now
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:26pm On Nov 25, 2012
Bad luck for Lewis and more good fortune for Alonso, who moves into the podium places.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
Vettel can't afford any slip-ups now! So long as Alonso doesn't win he is fine more or less

Sad exit for Lewis
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:28pm On Nov 25, 2012
Drive through penalty for Hulkenberg, more good fortune for Alonso. Vettel is going to have push just to be cover any more incidences with the rain.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:29pm On Nov 25, 2012
Grosjean,Maldonado,Senna,Hulkenberg lol the future of F1 is not exactly in safe hands
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:32pm On Nov 25, 2012
Hulkenberg handed a drive thru! Button the last line of defence now. Vettel has to race can't rely on anybody else now
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Alonso is guaranteed at least p2. he might yet sneak a win with the more rain, though Button is very good wet driver. Vettel needs to push despite the risk of his car not finishing. Less than 10 laps left to the end.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:40pm On Nov 25, 2012
Button in cruise control more or less

Schumacher let's Vettel thru. Respect meister respect! German passes the torch to his fellow countryman
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:43pm On Nov 25, 2012
Another German and his Red Bull teammate ahead of him Vettel can't lose this now
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:44pm On Nov 25, 2012
Surprise, Schumi lets Vettel through wink.

Alonso has been handed multiple opportunities today, but unless Button spectacularly blows it, he will come up short and from the pace Massa has shown, its not the car. Talk about a bad day to be off form.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 6:47pm On Nov 25, 2012
Thats it. Safety car confirms Vettel's 3rd consecutive WDC by 3 points.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:48pm On Nov 25, 2012
montelik: Surprise, Schumi lets Vettel through wink.

Alonso has been handed multiple opportunities today, but unless Button spectacularly blows it, he will come up short and from the pace Massa has shown, its not the car. Talk about a bad day to be off form.

Symbolic torch passing,Teammates in Race of Champions

Another safety car out. Its over!
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 6:51pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yessssssssss!!!!!!

Now placing all dem Vettel haters on suicide watch grin grin grin
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by biolabee(m): 6:52pm On Nov 25, 2012
gracious move by schumi.....

yes SV is youngest 3 time champion

what massa can do ... schumi can do better
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by babyboy3(m): 6:55pm On Nov 25, 2012
Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We are waiting for the water-works to burst open from the cheating Ferrari camp (sorry for Lewis) Hulkenburg had a brain fart
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 7:05pm On Nov 25, 2012
Stewards missed Vettel's pass on Kobayashi in the safety car period. Ferrari are not protesting that not yet at least

Let him serve the drive through next season abeg! They missed it and that's that
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by biolabee(m): 7:07pm On Nov 25, 2012
A-40:
Stewards missed Vettel's pass on Kobayashi in the safety car period. Ferrari are not protesting that not yet at least

Let him serve the drive through next season abeg! They missed it and that's that

which period the 1st SC or the second?

I think kobayahi slid off and lost grip then SV passed
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Areaboy2(m): 7:11pm On Nov 25, 2012
The best driver won at the end of the day. Seeing how he came from the back and got himself a decent 6th place despite all that happened in between

I'm sorta gutted but I enjoyed the race. Poor Alonso must be feeling He had it and lost it. O well, 2013 here he come
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 7:13pm On Nov 25, 2012
Driver of the day for me, Felipe Massa. He would have been fighting at the front and could have won, if not for strategic team considerations. Hulkenberg also did well, till he messed up his and Hamilton's day.
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 7:18pm On Nov 25, 2012
biolabee:

which period the 1st SC or the second?

I think kobayahi slid off and lost grip then SV passed
the first SC the one that slashed Hulkenberg's lead

You should see Alonso activists on Twitter they are crying more than the bereaved
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by biolabee(m): 7:24pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^^^ Strange i did not catch it

I think he was ahead of Kobayahi then
But kamui took the place after the safety car when webber was tussling with SEB

I dontthink they have a case
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 7:27pm On Nov 25, 2012
biolabee: ^^^^ Strange i did not catch it

I think he was ahead of Kobayahi then
But kamui took the place after the safety car when webber was tussling with SEB

I dontthink they have a case
Exactly! Alonso fanboys don't see it that way tho. Ferrari have been awfully quiet and Alonso himself has conceded defeat so I don't know what ninjas are on
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 25, 2012
That settles it. Didn't get to see the race but I'm proud. Will he go for No. 4? Hmmmm...........
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by A40(m): 7:37pm On Nov 25, 2012
Even the Ferrari Technical Director confirms there was no offense committed. Vettel does the 3peat! Undisputed King of F1.

Webber is a phool tho I have to add! Almost cost his teammate the race with his idiocy
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by biolabee(m): 7:56pm On Nov 25, 2012
^^^ and it was nice that the pit team just told him to talke it easy
I was expecting a crash but from kamiu as he is driving for a new contract

once again LH hot head cost him a DNF and Mcclaren 2nd place in the constructors
Re: Formula One Gee-Spot 2012 by montelik(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2012
Actually Red Bull are to blame. They should have had a clear discussion with both Webber and Vettel about what needed to happen on lap 1 and not left it up to drivers. There was nothing stopping them from telling Webber to let Vettel past or telling Vettel to stay behind Webber and pass him later in the race. Instead they left left to each drivers discretion. As we saw later in the race Webber did let Vettel past when he needed and assisted where he could.

Red Bull should have dropped their overly moralistic "let them race approach" and carefully co-ordinated the opening lap with both drivers. They are extremely lucky Vettel wasn't collected when he spun and he could still finish.

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (Reply)

Super Eagles Qualify For AFCON 2022 / Nigeria Vs Cote D'ivoire AYC 2015 (2 - 2) On 14th March, 2015 / Bash Ali Reacts To Evander Holyfield's Invitation To Nigeria, Slams Lagos Govt.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.