Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,699 members, 7,820,443 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:55 PM

How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks (22933 Views)

CBN Introduces New Charges On ATM Cards, Cheques / Cashing Of Third-party Cheques Above N150,000 Stops Today / Nigeria Banks With Worst Customer Service (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks by vigasimple(m): 1:19am On Oct 15, 2007
Hello does anyone know how long does personal cheques takes to clear on average in Nigerian bank.

And would it makes a difference if theĀ  issuer of the cheque and the payee has account with the same banker.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks by egoldman(m): 5:17am On Oct 15, 2007
This is a good question , i would like to know the answer too .
Re: How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks by dejia(m): 8:35am On Oct 15, 2007
A friend of mine paid in a GTbank cheque into a 1st Bank account and it took 2working days to clear.but i think it depends on the bank and maybe the branch as well.
I heard GTbank is working on interbank transfer, if it works well, i think that will be excellent.
Re: How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks by sbm4real(m): 10:02am On Oct 15, 2007
Guys,

If it is the same bank, it takes a few hours. If it is a different bank, it takes between two and three days but definitely on the third day, you will be able to withdraw it.

4 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take For Cheques To Clear In Nigeria Banks by pee777(m): 12:13pm On Oct 12, 2017
Depending on the time the cheque was deposited. If in the morning say before 11am then it can meet clearing and by 4pm following day you should receive alert otherwise a day after. Always T + 1 I.e day of transaction plus another day

(1) (Reply)

Photo: Black Market Thrives In Lagos / Tony Elumelu Enterpreneurship Foundation 2018 Successful Candidates (Full List) / Do Your C.A.C Company Registration and Get a Free Delivery Nation Wide

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.