Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,020 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:55 AM

Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer (6522 Views)

El-rufai, Mikel, Siasia,Ighalo Win At Bet9ja Pitch Awards / Oliseh Confirms Musa As New Captain For Super Eagles / Man City Confirms Iheanacho's First Team Promotion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by maclatunji: 9:47am On Jan 31, 2012
Former Super Eagles Coach Samson Siasia has confirmed that he will be coaching in the Indian Football Association's newly launched Premier League Soccer (PLS). He made a formal announcement on his Facebook wall about an hour ago stating:

'I want to wish you all a happy new year (tho belated). I wanted to wait for the news to officially break before publicly sharing that I will be headed to coach in the Indian Premier League. I am confident of this move & grateful to the leadership/mgmt of the club. I hope you all will continue to follow my journey, as I will surely continue to voice my strong support my brother, Coach Keshi & the team. I am ready and excited for this next phase as football is my life and what I know. I remain SiaOne.'

Samson Siasia is the new coach of the Indian club Durgapur and will earn 210,000 dollars (N33.9m). Austin Jay Jay Okocha has also been signed as a player by the club and will earn 550, 000 dollars (about N88.8m).

The Indian Football Association (IFA) rules for the PLS allows each franchise (club) to sign 4 foreign players and borrows the players' auction format from the highly popular Indian Premier League (Cricket).

The PLS will start in March 2012.
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/01/siasia-lands-lucrative-job-in-india-to-coach-okocha/
http://coolstuff49ja..com/2012/01/samson-siasia-to-coach-in-indian.html
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by bingbagbo(m): 6:28pm On Jan 31, 2012
;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d ;d
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by victorazy(m): 5:09pm On Feb 01, 2012
From there he can also learn how to do voodoo or juju for match success and am sure Nig will call him back in future
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by babaowo: 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
half bread is better than none.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by executinal(m): 5:11pm On Feb 01, 2012
Congratulation my man
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by kefidoh(m): 5:17pm On Feb 01, 2012
Are they gonna be paid weekly?
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by velo10: 5:20pm On Feb 01, 2012
Is N33.9 million the monthly or yearly salary?
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by Baawaa(m): 5:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
Best of luck
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by snowdrops(m): 5:36pm On Feb 01, 2012
Austin Okocha still playing football!!!!

SMH.

Make this guy no go get heart attack because of money o. Igbo kwenu.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by RICHIEBOI1(m): 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2012
kefidoh:

Are they gonna be paid weekly?

monthly of course.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by Vickivicki(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
Wishin him all the best
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by slyopez(m): 6:21pm On Feb 01, 2012
snowdrops:

Austin Okocha still playing football!!!!

SMH.

Make this guy no go get heart attack because of money o. Igbo kwenu.
LWKMD
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by TomFord: 6:27pm On Feb 01, 2012
Siasia coaching jay jay?

just months ago sia sia was reporting to the board in which jay jay is/was a member.

What goes around
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by JimOvia: 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2012
This news seems false. Dat Indian club can't afford such money as salaries.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by ogbongzky(m): 9:30pm On Feb 01, 2012
congrats siaONE. Help me say hi to Ayush, grin
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by safarigirl(f): 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2012
ΩØƚ to rain on anyone's parade here but are we talking bout the same India that use black men for rituals? Me thinks they should watch their back
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by maclatunji: 10:09pm On Feb 01, 2012
velo10:

Is N33.9 million the monthly or yearly salary?

The salary is meant for the duration of the of league which is just 7 weeks. Each of the 6 teams participating is not allowed to exceed $2.5million for payment of salaries.

It is a glorified mini-league meant to boost interest in football in India as well as make some investors very rich of course.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by kizito96(m): 10:31pm On Feb 01, 2012
At least half bread is better than non
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by BERNIMOORE: 1:24am On Feb 02, 2012
As it is now,Nigeria has no league,NFF has been nulified for using fake name,SIASIA CARRY GO.
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by consultans: 5:22am On Feb 02, 2012
THE YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN STARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
, market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by otondo55: 6:02am On Feb 02, 2012
THE YOU WISH TO WORK IN QATAR HERE IS YOUR IS THE CHANCE.THE QATAR CONSTRUCTION COMPANY ARE HERE IN NIGERIA IN STARCH OF MANPOWER TO WORK IN THEIR FIRM IN QATAR WITH HIGH PAY ATRACTIVE SALARY. CALL US ON +2348165027376 PRINCIPAL
CONSTRUCTION
ACTIVITIES »
Qatar Building Company
offers expertise and
, market know-how not
only in pure construction
work, but also in
construction techniques.
Its record in
construction includes:
Road & Airfield Paving
Pipeline
Buildings
Sewage treatment plants
Pumping stations
Cable Laying call us on +2348165027376

PLEASE STOP DECEIVING PEOPLE ! Modern day slavery
Re: Siasia Confirms Deal With Indian Club Durgapur In Indian Premier League Soccer by manosteel(m): 2:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
Hmmm, I can see, fraudstars have invaded Nairaland.

(1) (Reply)

2odds Daily Proffesor / Spain Vs Portugal: [1 - 0] @ World Cup 2010 Second Round / Muhammad Ali's Daughter: "I Don't Regret Telling My Dad Before I Left Islam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.