Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,207 members, 7,829,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:08 AM

..... - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / ..... (1481 Views)

How Do I Upload A Video On Nairaland / How Do I Upload My Site? / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

..... by Ymodulus: 2:12pm On Jan 31, 2012
Re: ..... by DualCore1: 2:33pm On Jan 31, 2012
sourceforge.net
Re: ..... by DualCore1: 2:35pm On Jan 31, 2012
Why don't you want to put it on its own site like drupal and the rest?
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 2:53pm On Jan 31, 2012
Well i tot of that before. Bro later i wanted getting a host but am scared of gettin one that wit toil wit my website name. D first host i did refuse giving me my name when i wanted changing host. I pleaded like madt even promise to give him 2K he refused. Though am happy today he i dont recommend pple to him. I will try sourceforge. Now
Re: ..... by Nobody: 3:32pm On Jan 31, 2012
That is good. My own framework, i just leave am like that. It is working fine, but i want to revamp it to make it more Nigerian-Friendly.
You see, the Nigerian people are special when it comes to website development.
Re: ..... by guru01(m): 6:51pm On Jan 31, 2012
Congratulations.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jan 31, 2012
@YModulus just wanted to say a big thanks to you tried my hands on Yii and its very very promising, and indeed quite fast,thanks will holla u later when am hardcore with it. thanks
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 1:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
Pc guru. U are welcome. Can i have your mail please want to send u a framework. Mine actually. This are the features

features.
1. support for themes like wordpress, etc. You can change the theme from your controller.
2. It uses a module arrangement.
News controller and modules and some of it sub-mvs are all in a folder.
3 configuration system is easy. Is uses the joomla style a config class consisting of static variables.
4. It uses a database.fully working driver you can switch from mysql to mysqli without altering your sql statements.
5. Its core file are yii like.
Its index page u will see this

Yuvuki::app()->run()-webApplication();
6. Its extremely loosely coupled. It uses joomla, yii , zend, and oda libraries. You can use yuvuki library too in external projects.
7. It has a full url support for themes.
See
styles_url('/css/nairaland.css');
so even if you change your theme inside your controller it still gets your theme and append it.

8. This is the unique feature from other framework. by default its url are like this

www.pcguru.com/index.php/webmaster/yuvuki-framework/comment#23.

Now its query string url is wat is amazing. Its like this

www.pcguru/index.php?go=/webmaster/yuvuki-framework/comment#23. Unlike other framework and system dat do dis
ww.pcguru.com/index.php?module=webmaster&component=yuvuki-framework&comment&id=23.

No also the query strings url support routing too.
No configuration needed it automatically detect ur base url and ur style sheets. Note its for small to medium projects not as yii oo. But blive beta dan codeigniter. I benchmarked d both. Mine loads codeigniter front page in 0.018, Seconds. But codeigniter takes 0.4 seconds.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 2:05pm On Feb 01, 2012
Okeowoaderemi@gmail.com
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 3:23pm On Feb 01, 2012
Pc guru sent. Pls strip of your mail box tanks
Re: ..... by moderattor: 7:29pm On Feb 01, 2012
Ymodulus.

You dont have any other option than to put it in its own site.

Your reason is not strong enough.
People will have to click a link on your site to download from source forge.
No one will take your serious if its not in its own site.
Frameworks are not blogs.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 7:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
Just register something with the name of your framework like this - http://www.dhtmlframework.com/
Re: ..... by moderattor: 7:57pm On Feb 01, 2012
he he he he pc guru runing from zend to yii!
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2012
@moderattor ouch sorry but i'm not running from zend to yii, am expanding my options, i still uploaded a project in Zend recently Zend is still cool except with unnecessary classes Yii sounds good to me, but YModulus framework sef is awesome very straight to the point and lightweight and highly decoupled which is the way every framework ought to be. @Ymodulus thumbs up seriously smiley
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:37pm On Feb 01, 2012
@moderrator infact for what u said more Zend tutorials i got *evil laughter* ZF is dead, seriously someone needs to educate us on Git that way we can contribute to frameworks.
Re: ..... by Ymodulus: 9:58pm On Feb 01, 2012
@pc guru thanks. I really had to build on the lightweight features and decoupled. Also pc guru please where do you host your site? I want to get a host. Also please i hope your host dont toil with someones username? Cause i can go to court for my domain name. Lol. Thanks. Also pc is there anything i need to change in that framework i sent you as in functionalities that are not good enough.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:02pm On Feb 01, 2012
The GIT stuff is okay. One main problem i have with it is that you need a very good internet connection that does not break. And aye, there are lots of tutorials, i actually set one up after i completed my framework initially. But since i lacked time to document it, i had to pause a bit.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
well am looking at Auto-loading and Namespacing so that you won't need to write a single line of require you get. my host scares people away. SmartWebng.com as for the name hmmmm you might have to ask Dual Core he knows about DNS Registering and transfer of names.
Re: ..... by moderattor: 8:23pm On Feb 02, 2012
After fooling myself with GIT for some time,
i was made to understand
that it was not primarily built for windows. grin

Wrote my own framework half way and realized i had no business plan for it.
I had to quit.

Frameworks are powered by people who have backup capital.
This is because frameworks are FREE!
With daily user support, FREE!
I once mailed my framework creators asking for their business plan,
guess the response i got?
"Framework Bleep is not a business" !
Re: ..... by Nobody: 9:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
^^^Aye, that was the other reason i stopped. I realized that i might run into trouble if i release my framework. I might run-down just providing support for it alone.
Re: ..... by moderattor: 10:22pm On Feb 02, 2012
The most neglected difficult things in programming large internet based softwares(in order):
1. Providing the support
2. Writing the documentation
3. Sticking to your own software.
Re: ..... by Nobody: 10:33pm On Feb 02, 2012
Damn, that is very very true actually. I dont have any way of going around that at the moment. So my framework still sleeps for awhile then.

(1) (Reply)

Help On Installing Mysqli Extension For PHP On A Linux Server / Wapka User Birthday Reminder/notification (first On Net) / Online MLM Business Classified Advertising Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.