Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,964 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:31 AM

How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet (2173 Views)

Help To Integrate To Joomla To Infobip Bulk Sms Gateway / How Do I Use Joomla To Create My Site From Scatch / I Want To Know How To Administer Joomla To Create Dynamic Website (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet by Nobody: 10:56am On Mar 05, 2011
HOW CAN I UPLOAD MY SITE THAT I CREATED WITH JOOMLA TO INTERNET
Re: How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet by free2: 4:01pm On Mar 05, 2011
Download the detail guide from: www.bintacomputers.com/umar/LearningJoomlaFast.pdf
It is about learning joomla fast!
Enjoy
Re: How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet by ilosiwaju: 1:37pm On Mar 31, 2011
Upload the files as usual to your ftp, create a new database and export your old database to the new one. You will need to change some parameters in the configuration.php though. There are wonderful articles on the net that will guide you. If you have difficulties with anything, holla!
Re: How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet by yawatide(f): 3:06pm On Mar 31, 2011
As far as files are concerned, I believe the best way to upload your joomla site is as follows (the PDF referenced above should hopefully contain what I am about to explain as well). Note that this may not apply to the latest joomla version (I last did a joomla site 2 years ago):

1) Create an xml file that contains the paths to files, images, js files etc.
2) Create a zip that has the xml file from #1 above, along with all other files (
2) Go to your extensions manager, in the admin interface, upload the zip there.
3) Test out your site in a browser

Good luck!
Re: How Can I Upload My Site That I Created With Joomla To Internet by AnthonyAk(m): 5:05pm On Mar 31, 2011
Easiest way, install Akeeba backup on you localhost installation. Make a full back up of your site with the installation script upload your backup file online(unzipped) with an ftp. Then it will take you to a quick start up page where you can set up your site.

Anthony

(1) (Reply)

A Tree Does Not Make A Forest / Fiverr Script Develop Services / One Year US Windows RDP With Full ADMIN Access

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.