Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,720 members, 7,809,733 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:04 PM

What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? (7327 Views)

My Nephew Has Autism, How Do We Manage It? / What Is Your View About K-leg People / how can one make k-leg to straight leg (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by chux76(m): 3:54pm On Jan 31, 2012
My cute 14mnths old Nephew is showing signs of a "K-Leg" and I want to know if there is something that can be done to correct it now that he is young. The Right leg is normal but the left leg is a bit inverted at the ankle pushing the knee in a bit giving it a "K" look.
Can anything be don to correct it now that his bones are still very tender. Suggestions needed please.
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by mxxpunkxx: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2012
it straightens out as he grows older . .

well, if u are not the patient type, then you can take him for reconstructive surgery

but be prepared to spend nothing less than $5,000 . . . could be cheaper, who knows?
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by chux76(m): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2012
Would it be that expensive if it is done here in Nigeria?
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by Dyt(f): 4:07pm On Jan 31, 2012
easy, u can get it done 4 as low as 3k
jst ask of dese ppl dat arranges bones
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by mxxpunkxx: 11:30pm On Jan 31, 2012
Dyt:

easy, u can get it done 4 as low as 3k
jst ask of dese ppl dat arranges bones

, and watch 'em break ur litle nephie's leg without anesthesia . . . right?

my advice? please leave him like dat . . when he's old enough to bear pains, then u can put him through surgery

most hospital do not carry out surgery on infants unless it's critical to life
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by xxcarolxx(f): 11:37pm On Jan 31, 2012
Try putting his shoes on the opposite feet, it should help turn his foot out,
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by Ifex4real: 3:45am On Feb 01, 2012
In 2006 i had an accident and i was taking to ibobi at onipan yaba lagos and when i was adminted i use to saw some 2 to 3 mouths brought to the hospital for this type of challege that your baby is passing true right now and i get to notes that there are a lot of mother carring there baby and some of this babys ther'e one or two leg are like what your baby are passing true right now and i get to notes that some are caring P.O.P on one or but of there leg and some of new admited babys are been but by new P.O.P and i ask'd one of the doctor why are the doing that to do's baby he say'd that they have to use P.O.P cement to straight the babys leg for some mouth so that the leg will get back to his normal position then i ask again , why is it at that age and he sad it good to do it at that little age when the bone are still soft and if any one fail to do it at that little age he or she have to go for surgery to correct it if may require so
for a few mouths in the hospital i saw baby which P.O.P been remove and there legs are straight and normal

So to me my advice to you is that you should take your baby to this hospital and x-rey will be don on your baby leg to better undestanding on the problem of situation in finding everlasting solution

i wish your baby well

Thanks
feel free
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by EfemenaXY: 4:46pm On Feb 07, 2012
@Poster - I read somewhere that "K-leg" like symptoms on infants could be due to a lack of Vitamin D i.e deficiency of vitamin D whilst the mother was pregnant, in which case vitamin supplements might help - but then again, it might be something else.

My advice would be for you to seek medical advice, take the child to see a paediatrician to have him / her examined.
Re: What Can I Do About My Nephew's "k-leg"? by renyce: 5:30pm On Jul 24, 2015
I have k-legs which is really unfitting, I don't know what to do about it, am 22 and the k-legs shows really well I don't like it. Please what can I do about it.

(1) (Reply)

Body Fitness / 11 Fruits And Vegetables That Naturally Boost Sexual Performance / Lagos Discharges 45 Coronavirus Patients Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.