Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:40 PM

Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up (16265 Views)

Jobs At ECOWAS Commission / Latest Recruitment At Ecowas Parliament, Abuja –7 Positions / Latest Jobs At Ecowas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by minemine: 2:24pm On Oct 15, 2007
More than 50 vacancies now exist at the ECOWAS HEADQUARTERS IN ABUJA.

The open positions range from that of translator/interpreter to that of Director.

See the sample vacancy notice below and check others up the
vacancies at www.infopportunities.com

C.2 (4)             POST:            TRANSLATOR

GRADE:          P4 (UA 25,908.44-30,180.04)

REF: ECW-COMM/REC/CAF-P04/CON/2007

DUTIES

(English: A, French: B, Portuguese: C)

Translating into A or B language from A, B or C languages.
For English and French translators combination with Portuguese will be an advantage
Editing the texts drafted in the Commissions Languages by English speaking and non English speaking writers
Proof reading of texts in the Commissions Languages.

QUALIFICATIONS/EXPERIENCE/SKILLS

Perfect command of French or English and an excellent command of one or two other official languages of the Commission; English and Portuguese.
A degree in Languages, Social Sciences or any related field.
A post graduate Diploma in Translation.
Training in terminology and ability to use terminology software will be an advantage.
Seven (7) years of professional translation experience.
Translation experience gained in an international organization would be an advantage.
Good communication skills and the ability to work as part of a team in a multinational environment.
Must be computer literate.

The officer should not be 50 years old or over at the point of recruitment.
Re: Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by dje(m): 3:32pm On Oct 15, 2007
GRADE: P4 (UA 25,908.44-30,180.04)

what does UA stand for?does anybody know?
Re: Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by minemine: 4:22pm On Oct 15, 2007
My research showed that UA means UNIT OF ACCOUNT

The following clarifies it further:

As at 30 November 2006, 1 Unit of Account (currency unit of the African Development Bank which is the equivalent of the IMF Special Drawing Rights)
= 1.48004 dollar = 1.16575 Euro.

Don't forget that exchange rates are not static. 
As an instance of this, by December ending last year, 1 UA = € 1.14; 1 UA = 1.50 USD.

I wish you the best.
Re: Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by insight04: 5:08pm On May 17, 2010
Does anyone know what the salary structure for senior staff is? Also, does anyone know if the senior staff receive payment in USD Dollars? Whats the typical salary?
Re: Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by insight04: 10:37pm On May 18, 2010
Bump
Re: Want To Work At Ecowas Headquarters In Abuja? Check This Up by ylaa(f): 10:18am On Oct 09, 2013
insight04: Does anyone know what the salary structure for senior staff is? Also, does anyone know if the senior staff receive payment in USD Dollars? Whats the typical salary?
As a SAN (Senior Applicant of Nigeria) I will advise u think of getting ur CV sent or apply for the job first. Stop counting ur chickens before they r hatched. ECOWAS salary structure is one of the best. Payment is in Dollars n there is an opportunity to travel if u love traveling like me. I have equally applied though I have not heard from them yet.
Best of luck.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Employment Without Offer Letter, What's Your Opinion On This? / How To Identify A Good Recruiter From A Fake/mediocre One / Nigerian Immigration Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.