Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,542 members, 7,823,374 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:16 AM

Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide (5311 Views)

AGAIN!! Davido Loses Out At Soul Train Awards / Iyanya's Outfit To Soul Train Redcarpet / Photos: Iyanya At Soul Train Awards Red Carpet in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
Soul Train creator, ‘Don’ Cornelius, is dead

Famous American Television show host, producer and creator of dance/music franchise ‘Soul Train’, Donald Cortez “Don” Cornelius is dead.

According to reports, Cornelius was found dead at his Mulholland Drive home at around 4 a.m. on February 1, 2012, police said.

Cornelius was reported to have suffered a self-inflicted gunshot to the head.

He was declared deceased at Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, said Los Angeles County Assistant Chief Coroner Ed Winter.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/02/soul-train-founder-don-cornelius-is-dead/
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Nobody: 11:04pm On Feb 01, 2012
how can such a seemingly joyful individual kill himself?
do we even know people well enough

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Yeske2(m): 2:07am On Feb 02, 2012
What would ever make him do that?
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by ASOROCKb(m): 3:26am On Feb 02, 2012
How do we know that he killed himself? What a world, huh? Lol!
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by werepeLeri: 8:40am On Feb 02, 2012
ASOROCK b:

How do we know that he killed himself? What a world, huh? Lol!

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2012/02/soul-train-creator-don-cornelius-dead-in-apparent-suicide.html
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by HNIC(m): 8:46am On Feb 02, 2012
Shocking!
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by member67023: 9:06am On Feb 02, 2012
Heard he was sick and in great pains for over some time now.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Tinyemeka(m): 10:04am On Feb 02, 2012
I've been trying to place the name. Remind me please, which music did soul train release? I'm not being sarcastic.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by atasteve: 10:21am On Feb 02, 2012
I will advise a more comprehensive investigation to acertain if it was indeed a case of sucide.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by ambyzown(m): 10:35am On Feb 02, 2012
Tinyemeka:

I've been trying to place the name. Remind me please, which music did soul train release? I'm not being sarcastic.

If you weren't born before 1970 chances are that you would not have heard about Don Cornelius. Soul train was one of the very first music tv shows than formed the foundation of today's music industry. Groups like Jackson 5, Shalamar, and many others found fame through Soul train.
R.I.P. Don Cornelius
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by freecocoa(f): 10:41am On Feb 02, 2012
Its a pity,RIP
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by executinal(m): 11:19am On Feb 02, 2012
hmm shocked shocked shocked
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Shelterlov: 11:36am On Feb 02, 2012
Life is worth living,u cant kill yourself for any reason at all
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by faithin9ja: 11:40am On Feb 02, 2012
@tinyemeka

As a previous poster mentioned if you we born after the early 70's ( I am close to 50) you probably won't know the great Don Cornelius, please check out  'Soul Train' on youtube and laugh at how we used to dance back in the day, when it was cool to be cool.

I always tell my teenage boys, 'dem no sabi blow guy'
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Imyourex(m): 11:43am On Feb 02, 2012
Oyinbo sha
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by faithin9ja: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2012
Oyinbo sha
[color=#006600][/color]

Don Cornelius na blackman oh!
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by kizito96(m): 12:53pm On Feb 02, 2012
Too Bad
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by babaowo: 1:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
hmmm so sad!
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Chinom(m): 1:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
Oh my God!!. i remember him very well with his baritone voice and sharp suits. Why would he kill himself?. I really cannot fathom people who commit suicide. As long i have food to eat and women to sleep with ( even if na ashi), ain't never killing myself for anything and for no nobody.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Sagamite(m): 1:49pm On Feb 02, 2012
Kai, this was the guy that created soul train back then when I entered university and was wearing my funnel trousers and afro. He helped create the soul that I used in chasing all those 70s university girls on the dancefloor o.

I was the one carrying the book here:

[flash=400,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D780hW7nsas[/flash]
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Shinatu: 1:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
faithin9ja:

@tinyemeka
[color=#006600][/color]

As a previous poster mentioned if you we born after the early 70's ( I am close to 50) you probably won't know the great Don Cornelius, please check out  'Soul Train' on youtube and laugh at how we used to dance back in the day, when it was cool to be cool.

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Chinom(m): 2:06pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Kai, this was the guy that created soul train back then when I entered university and was wearing my funnel trousers and afro. He helped create the soul that I used to chasing all those 70s university girls on the dancefloor o.

[flash=400,350]

I don't think they were dancing to "Busting loose"though.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by infolpf: 3:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
Report:
He apparently killed himself to prevent his ex-wife getting life insurance. Sad death, even more sad reason.

http://cdn.mediatakeout.com/53954/shock-report-don-conelius-reportedly-killed-himself-to-prevent-hs-ex-wife-from-getting-his-life-insurance-money.html
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by AChigozie1(f): 3:31pm On Feb 02, 2012
faithin9ja:

@tinyemeka
[color=#006600][/color]

ambyzown:

If you weren't born before 1970 chances are that you would not have heard about Don Cornelius. Soul train was one of the very first music tv shows than formed the foundation of today's music industry. Groups like Jackson 5, Shalamar, and many others found fame through Soul train.
R.I.P. Don Cornelius

Every Black person in America over the age of 18 and probably younger knows about Soul Train.  Perhaps that isn't the case in Nigeria, but it would be next to impossible for an African American or any Black person over the age of 25 who has spent any significant time in the US to not know about Soul Train.  

Anyway, it was a terrible shocked to learned about Don Cornelius's suicide yesterday, RIP Don, I wish you love, peace and soul.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by AChigozie1(f): 3:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
Chinom:

I don't think they were dancing to "Busting loose"though.

What? Clearly the song being played is "Busting Loose", didn't you hear the music, and the refrain, "I fell like busting loose, I feel like busting loose"
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by AChigozie1(f): 3:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
Where was your afro in the clip?   grin 
Sagamite:

Kai, this was the guy that created soul train back then when I entered university and was wearing my funnel trousers and afro. He helped create the soul that I used to chasing all those 70s university girls on the dancefloor o.

[flash=400,350]
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Sagamite(m): 3:52pm On Feb 02, 2012
A.Chigozie:

Where was your afro in the clip?   grin 

I got drunk the previous night and shaved it off by mistake. grin
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by yme1(f): 4:20pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sagamite:

Grand papa like you. . . . . SMH tongue
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Sagamite(m): 4:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
tongue grin
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by AChigozie1(f): 4:36pm On Feb 02, 2012
Sagamite:

smh, your parents sent you to get an education, not to go out and get drunk, grin Are you still such a great dancer? cool
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by Sagamite(m): 4:59pm On Feb 02, 2012
A.Chigozie:

smh, your parents sent you to get an education, not to go out and get drunk,  grin  Are you still such a great dancer?   cool

Come out with me and see for yourself.

Every single move in that clip I usually bust out in clubs for this new generation of kids every weekend like a morrafcker.

Na me dey burst loose pass!

You will not be able to resist falling for me when I give you that dance at 0.28 mins.
Re: Soul Train Creator, ‘don’ Cornelius, Is Dead By Suicide by DaRapture: 5:14pm On Feb 02, 2012
Damn, that Cat at 0:42 minutes is doing my signature ish right thur. I gets down with that ish right today.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Raunchy Maheeda Gets New Instagram Id After Old One Was Deleted Due 2 Violation! / 4 Actors Who Starred In Coming To America That Have Passed Away (photos) / I Found A Prettier Igbo Girl Than Munachi Abii. YES I Am Admitting Lol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.