Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,187 members, 7,818,603 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:39 PM

Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja (13928 Views)

Demolition Starts In Mpape Market, Abuja (pics) / Jaiz Islamic Bank To Raise More Capital / Jaiz Bank PLC (Islamic Bank) Opens For Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by solihu(m): 5:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
I can understand your frustration! To enlighten you i recite it excellenty and not just that on my to committing it to memory! I taught so many and had so many wonderful experience. I have students if you may know the eldest close to 70yrs. Brace up! There's this Igbo girl now who's so keen on learning and even ready to marry a muslim. Did you just shout blood of JESUS? To answer your question, We do see frequently.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by stagger: 5:28pm On Feb 02, 2012
I am a Christian, but I have nothing against non-interest banking.

I think the name Islamic bank is a misnomer. Afterall, we have what Akingbola (a supposed Christian who was paying for distribution of a daily devotional) truly was: a Christian impostor.

For me, it is just a bank, and I do not see why there is so much fuss about it.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by KINGwax(m): 5:29pm On Feb 02, 2012
solihu:

Has any been forced to bank with Jaiz Islamic bank? Why are you having shaky legs then?
why? Terrorism, a synonym of islam!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by wellheads(m): 5:32pm On Feb 02, 2012
dbride:

@ Solihu, your biggest problem is that you lack knowlege of the allah you have as god. When last did he talk to you, and if he did what did he say to you?. Correct me if I am wrong, the last time he talked it was to ''prophet mohammed'', I think.  You have never touched a koran I am sure, how much more read one.
You are just a blind follower that happened to find himself in islam by birth.  

Next time, please let us into your experience with allah and if you have none, go get one and come back and open that mouth. That will be more interesting.

Some comments are just funny. So Allah (SWT) needs to talk to Solihu in the humanly manner of speech before he becomes a true muslim. I didn't know that everyday, Jesus meets you in school to shake hands with you and tell you which girlfriend to go out with before you became a good christian. If Solihu is a practicing muslim, then he would have communicated with his Creator 3 times today already! So what has that earned you?

I think one of the problems of NL is all these secondary school boys who instead of facing their studies squarely, will come and cause nuisance on the forum. I don't blame you- Inetrnet is so cheap now, such that your type can afford to come here and insult God. Nonsense.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by KINGwax(m): 5:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
solihu:

I can understand your frustration! To enlighten you i recite it excellenty and not just that on my to committing it to memory! I taught so many and had so many wonderful experience. I have students if you may know the eldest close to 70yrs. Brace up! There's this Igbo girl now who's so keen on learning and even ready to marry a muslim. Did you just shout blood of JESUS? To answer your question, We do see frequently.
and there's this benin but a muslim girl who especially wit d boko haram issue renounced islam and is lookin for a christian brother. Did i hear u shout astagafululahi? We do see that too!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by dbride: 6:01pm On Feb 02, 2012
@ Solihu, You have not answered my question. What did allah tell you when he last spoke with you? Food for thought

@ Wellhead, knowlege is power; you are so so ignorant. I will overlook your shortcoming and childish remarks. Communication is a two-way thing. Yeah, Solihu communicates with allah but does allah communicate with Solihu? In the koran, it is revealed that allah communicated with adam and eve, not so?
has allah changed that he no longer communicates with his faithful?
That you are ignorant does not make the school boy's knowlege null and void. If devil speaks to his followers, why wont God,or your allah, speak to me or you respectively? Little knowlege, they say is dangerous.

My advice: if you have no relationship with whoever you call your God, then seek to establish one or keep shut. Bye and my God bless you abundantly.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by bigsean(m): 6:04pm On Feb 02, 2012
I dont know. but news like this, make me not want to come back to Nigeria.
We should learn to live in a world of religious tolerance.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Adultrated: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
Who told that fool that the ratio is 55% Muslims to 45% Christians, he should get his fact intact before opening his mouth in public. Everyone knows the Christians are more than Boko Haram Muslim population.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by weirdmind: 6:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
It is intriguing how educated fellows are being swayed by pure emotions over the matter of religion. I have always said it: religion will be the death of us in this country. I really try to study the motives behind the introduction of Islamic Bank to Nigeria at this low period of hers; I would be deceiving myself if I found those motives to be altruistic, elevating and nation-building. Other nationals love their country and work for its well-being, but Nigerians are ready to dart arrows into the heart of the country while promoting their petty, narrow and insular religious ideas.
It is important we address our minds about some misconceptions on Islamic Banking.First, It is no free funds. It may not charge interest, but it is not slush funds you can wrap your hands around. It will cost you something.Second,don’t you ever think it will solve your financial worries and problems. It’s easy to begin day-dreaming on what is not.Why trying to break your heart?Third,it is not the recipe for solving our national economic woes: has it solved the economic problems of the countries where it is practised? Not really. So stop raising your hopes up. Above all,it won’t make you more holy or less corrupting. If your dealings have not been kosher in the conventional banking, Islamic Banking can’t provide that cure. It may,on the contrary, create more hate within you if you don’t watch it (judged by the negative comments on this issue, you may see that we are not too far off the mark). But if you have a healthy sense of cynicism, you don’t need hate but more love. Christianity or Islam is not our problem, it is the way we interpret them, the way we live it out among ourselves, the way we practise the tenets of love that really counts. Wealthy nations are not built on euphoria and religious purity but on sound business practises utilising the mind power.Nations that thrived on religious fervour always go the way dictated by history:poverty & oblivion.
It is a fact that Nigeria can never make any progress except we break along the lines of Southern & Northern Nigeria, reverting to a pre-Amalgamation era. Nigeria has been a soup of confusion and cacophony of voices with no movement. Hypocrisy and lying are the “directive principles of State Policy”. The North should practise their Islam, the South should remain secular cos I think Islam is more selfish, jealous,suspicious of dissent & criticism and clannish but Christianity is more liberal, accepting, tolerant and less prone to violence. Islam craves dominance at all costs while preaching peace;it sees the fault in the others and points fingers; it cries of foul play while it does not want its doors open for transparency; its adherents reserve the gutter language and dirtiest epithets for Jesus & His servants while it is sacrilegious to use those terms on the Imams & the Prophet. We are not compatible, never have been. Religion is the Iron Wall that shows we will ever be disunited if we remain one indivisible nation.I know my generalisations may be faulted here and there, but do me a favour: reflect some more. Provide your suggestions,but I have no other.
Go ahead with your Islamic Banking; I don’t begrudge you, but I am certain Nigerians will run it down in a few years’ time. Corruption is endemic in us!It will simply soon be ancient history like People Bank or those institutions built on nothing else but emotions. We are religious but not godly in the least. Bigotry oozes out of our words like a leaking ink pad. How I wish Islamic Banking would deliver what it is being cracked up to be. Pigs might fly.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by bigsean(m): 6:24pm On Feb 02, 2012
@Weird Mind, U sir have earned my "like button"
Spot on!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Knight1(m): 6:41pm On Feb 02, 2012
THIS IS THE ISSUE MANY OF US HAVE WITH THE TERM 'ISLAMIC BANKING'. IT IS DIVISIVE. JUST ON AN ONLINE PORTAL SUCH AS THIS, ARGUEMENTS AND INSULTS ARE CROPPING UP. IN A DELICATE COUNTRY SUCH AS NIGERIA WHERE THERE IS A TERRORIST GROUP OPERATING ALLEGEDLY UNDER ISLAM, ONE WILL WONDER WHY THE WORD "ISLAMIC" HAS TO BE THERE.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by mpmp: 6:44pm On Feb 02, 2012
Question: Will Islamic banks employ non-Islamists, for example: Hindus (lets put Christianity by the side coz thats the number-1 enemy of Islam).

answer: No.

The above is where religious extremism will flourish.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by mpmp: 6:46pm On Feb 02, 2012
Knight1:

THIS IS THE ISSUE MANY OF US HAVE WITH THE TERM 'ISLAMIC BANKING'. IT IS DIVISIVE. JUST ON AN ONLINE PORTAL SUCH AS THIS, ARGUEMENTS AND INSULTS ARE CROPPING UP. IN A DELICATE COUNTRY SUCH AS NIGERIA WHERE THERE IS A TERRORIST GROUP OPERATING ALLEGEDLY UNDER ISLAM, ONE WILL WONDER WHY THE WORD "ISLAMIC" HAS TO BE THERE.

it is even nice that they put the word ISLAMIC there.

It is a good "dont go near" signpost.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by monex(m): 7:00pm On Feb 02, 2012
so peeps are still loosing sleep over islamic banking.

did they force you to bank with them. dont you @ least see some sense in non-interest banking. just hope it will be managed well (naija factor)

i am a christian BTW.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Gerrard59(m): 7:58pm On Feb 02, 2012
It
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by bigsean(m): 8:07pm On Feb 02, 2012
Gerrard59:

It will simply die a natural death. Wher s d con3 economy located?. Waiting when dat adebigte would be demanding islamic banking like boko demanding sharia,when its there al ready.
Guy, no talk so oh, that's how sharia was initiated in OBJ regime, like joke, like joke, it has come to stay.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by blackboi(m): 8:09pm On Feb 02, 2012
Jst take a minute,  imagine  what their  atm machine will look like:

machine = 'armor tanker'
atm card = cartridge
machine digits = trigger
cash = explosive magazine

federal ministry of breath warns that banking with jaiz is dangerous to your existence!

Patronize them @ ur own risk!! grin
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by solihu(m): 8:35pm On Feb 02, 2012
dbride, you know what? I deliberately ignored that part of your question. You know why? You were so dogmatic in presenting your questions/insinuations. I should be asking; was it the "holyspirit" that revealed to you that I haven't touched the Qur'an? And the others?

@weirdmind, I'm impressed by your honesty. At least you acknowleged you went overboard to make some insincere/untruthful or exaggerations. Pheew! My oh my! Indeed it was an epistle.
Mind if I ask, you work for saharareporters? Just kidding tho'. Again I like your candid opinion.

@Wellheads, Indeed a reason one has to ignore some comments. To that wonderful diagnosis from you, I say MINT!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by kheart(m): 8:50pm On Feb 02, 2012
Islamic bank is here to stay in 9ja. free ursef from posible hypertention @haters
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by bigsean(m): 9:15pm On Feb 02, 2012
Islamic banking doesn't solve the problem, so there is not point for it.
its like going to the gynecologist when ur "balls" hurt. grin It doesn't solve the problem
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Cypost: 10:51pm On Feb 02, 2012
Pple just heat up polity with one sentiment or another. This type of policy will later go the way of sharia law pioneered by Zanfara state.

Where is sharia law today, after the first amputation does it mean no thief has ever been caught again. Compare the noise over sharia then with reality today.

The truth is dt we Nigerians tend to misplace our priority, letting some grp/individuals capitalize on it to score cheap points.

I really ve not issue with the policy but concern obt undue sentiments is generating as if its the route to Eldorado - while some want us to go there others are refusing
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Nobody: 11:11pm On Feb 02, 2012
That bank is for arewa republic and SW.It will not set foot in SE/SS.Come 2015,we go our separate ways and theyll be free to practice whatever type of banking they wish to in arewaland and SW.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by TomiSwag(m): 12:03am On Feb 03, 2012
I'm reaaally skeptical about this Islamic banking. Do U know Y? Coz despite the fact there's no interest on loans, if U can't pay back the loan sharia law becomes applicable. They'll begin to maim and chop off peoples limbs in return! #Justmyopinionthough.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Nobody: 12:30am On Feb 03, 2012
I know SLS personally and dont like what he is doing but unfortunately, no one cant stop him now.
I wish I live in Nigeria so I can take advantage of this, so let me give out the secret to you guys.
Go and open a bank account with the bank. Build a track record with the bank starting from this early stage.
Once done, become a borrowing customer and borrow as much as you can, place it in a deposit account with say Zenith or Access, and pocket the interest difference. Sure way of making money since the fund is cost free. Assuming you borrow NGN200m@zero interest, you can deposit with another inteterst paying bank @ say 10% pa and pocket NGN20m. There is no risk to u whatsoever unless Zenith/Access collapses. Even if they do, CBN will bail them out.
So instead of moaning about it, let others complain and you benefit. What the imam in CBN (ie SLS) meant for bad, you turn it to your advantage.
Goodluck
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Nobody: 4:54am On Feb 03, 2012
It is going to finance hidden agenda! I feel sorry for this country - it is heading toward the wrong direction, for sure!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by texazzpete(m): 6:46am On Feb 03, 2012
Knight1:

Why not insist that the word 'Christian' be excised from 'The Redeemed Christian Church of God'? How can any sane, educated person come out here to say that another man's religion is 'divisive'? Where is the tolerance we Christians fling about as our greatest virtue? You might as well go and demand that the word 'Islam' be forbidden in Nigeria.

The Banking system is Islamic Banking. None of the banks practising this will have the words 'islamic' in their name.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by Nobody: 7:22am On Feb 03, 2012
If they had an intention of every nigerian using this bank, why didnt they give it a better name other than 'islamic' huh? This is just crazy! They shouldn't even think of bringing it to the south cos i ain't interested in their interest-free loans.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by adaybayor(m): 12:01pm On Feb 03, 2012
If xtianity is tolerant as u folks claim then i c no reason for anybody to b bitter about islamic banking, is anybody forcing to join.
Most of u ar poor @ history, if not u will not b talkin about marginalizatn, many muslims were forced to dump d religion b4 gaining access to educatn in d past in naija, now am sure u want to give an escuse.
If u hate islam go hang urself and RIH (rot in hell) hypocrites!!!
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by tomzman: 1:29pm On Feb 03, 2012
weird mind:

It is intriguing how educated fellows are being swayed by pure emotions over the matter of religion. I have always said it: religion will be the death of us in this country. I really try to study the motives behind the introduction of Islamic Bank to Nigeria at this low period of hers; I would be deceiving myself if I found those motives to be altruistic, elevating and nation-building. Other nationals love their country and work for its well-being, but Nigerians are ready to dart arrows into the heart of the country while promoting their petty, narrow and insular religious ideas.
It is important we address our minds about some misconceptions on Islamic Banking.First, It is no free funds. It may not charge interest, but it is not slush funds you can wrap your hands around. It will cost you something.Second,don’t you ever think it will solve your financial worries and problems. It’s easy to begin day-dreaming on what is not.Why trying to break your heart?Third,it is not the recipe for solving our national economic woes: has it solved the economic problems of the countries where it is practised? Not really. So stop raising your hopes up. Above all,it won’t make you more holy or less corrupting. If your dealings have not been kosher in the conventional banking, Islamic Banking can’t provide that cure. It may,on the contrary, create more hate within you if you don’t watch it (judged by the negative comments on this issue, you may see that we are not too far off the mark). But if you have a healthy sense of cynicism, you don’t need hate but more love. Christianity or Islam is not our problem, it is the way we interpret them, the way we live it out among ourselves, the way we practise the tenets of love that really counts. Wealthy nations are not built on euphoria and religious purity but on sound business practises utilising the mind power.Nations that thrived on religious fervour always go the way dictated by history:poverty & oblivion.
It is a fact that Nigeria can never make any progress except we break along the lines of Southern & Northern Nigeria, reverting to a pre-Amalgamation era. Nigeria has been a soup of confusion and cacophony of voices with no movement. Hypocrisy and lying are the “directive principles of State Policy”. The North should practise their Islam, the South should remain secular cos I think Islam is more selfish, jealous,suspicious of dissent & criticism and clannish but Christianity is more liberal, accepting, tolerant and less prone to violence. Islam craves dominance at all costs while preaching peace;it sees the fault in the others and points fingers; it cries of foul play while it does not want its doors open for transparency; its adherents reserve the gutter language and dirtiest epithets for Jesus & His servants while it is sacrilegious to use those terms on the Imams & the Prophet. We are not compatible, never have been. Religion is the Iron Wall that shows we will ever be disunited if we remain one indivisible nation.I know my generalisations may be faulted here and there, but do me a favour: reflect some more. Provide your suggestions,but I have no other.
Go ahead with your Islamic Banking; I don’t begrudge you, but I am certain Nigerians will run it down in a few years’ time. Corruption is endemic in us!It will simply soon be ancient history like People Bank or those institutions built on nothing else but emotions. We are religious but not godly in the least. Bigotry oozes out of our words like a leaking ink pad. How I wish Islamic Banking would deliver what it is being cracked up to be. Pigs might fly.

Quite sensible.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by juman(m): 2:52pm On Feb 03, 2012
Good
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by andyanders: 4:17pm On Feb 03, 2012
Sanusi has perfected a new way for BH to move funds through Islamic bank opened in Kanu. Sanusi still has a game plan. Until he achieves his Islamic nation, he will not rest.
Lets keep watching.
Re: Jaiz Islamic Bank Finally Starts In Kano, Kaduna, Abuja by MeAboki(m): 7:49pm On Feb 03, 2012
^^^^^I thought it was the brain child of Soludu, the former CBN governor, a Christian, who started it; why then blame the person who came after him for completing it?
Surely if it didn't have any merit in the first place why would Soludu, supposedly an educated man with all his PhD intelligence etc, come up with ( as implied by you) such (a bad) idea for Nigeria - or are you by any chance suggesting that Charles Soludu was after-all a numbskull, without any (Ibo) sense?

FYI, Islamic Banking is a right for Muslims who wish to practice their religion, it is an option available to all Nigerians and at the same time not imposed on any one. Therefore, those who wish to deny Muslims this right should go and hang themselves and better still, drag along their brother Soludu for initiating it. angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

3 Steps To Attracting New Customers For Your Business / Alcohol Consumers, Smokers To Pay More As Federal Govt Raises Excise Duty / South Africa: The Real Giant Of Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.