Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,160 members, 7,818,531 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

African Statesmen - Icons Or Pawns? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / African Statesmen - Icons Or Pawns? (1041 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

African Statesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Amenhotep(m): 8:14pm On Oct 15, 2007
Can internationally recognised African statesmen like Nelson Mandela be truly considered as Icons for the black race or do they just form part of the new world order?

I am wondering becoz I'm naturally skeptical about the recent unvieling of the Nelson Mandela Statue in Parliament Square, London- UK. Do you see this as a measure of achievement and progress, and why, or do you feel it is just in the grand British design of things. Has Nelson mandela been fully sealed into the Illuminati? Like to hear the Nigerian and ofcourse African views on this:
Re: African Statesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by hipernetix: 8:44pm On Oct 15, 2007
I think it depends on how you as an individual view the man. If you have read about Nelson Mandela or someone like Kofi Annan, followed their history and achievement closely, your views will be different from someone who just knows these figures as international icons and from the media.

Considering the atrocities of the apartheid south africa in which Mandela is iconic, I think we can look at the unveiling of his statue in parliament square as an achievement and recognition of his role for what south africa is today, regardless from who that recognition is coming from. How many people in history have spent 27years in prison fighting for a cause, a right to their homeland, and then living to not only see that day, but become the first post-apartheid president of south africa, its an incredible achievement.
Re: African Statesmen - Icons Or Pawns? by Horus(m): 10:42am On Oct 16, 2007
I think that some of the African statesmen are tools in the hands of the Illuminati,but concerning Nelson Mandela,I dont think that he will allow himself to be used in the New World Order plan.

(1) (Reply)

Who Are The Gbedegi People / 5 Lies About Homosexuality / Do You Believe In Jazz?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.