Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,433 members, 7,819,559 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:13 PM

Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film (7216 Views)

'Action Film'- A Short Film Script By Sholay2011 / Nigerian Horror Story- A Short Film Script / BLINK - Best Nigerian Short Film Ever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 11:21pm On Feb 02, 2012
Here's My Debut Short Film,
Set to Release Online, However am looking to get at least 50 likes for the Facebook Page, If we can Hit hat, We debut, Right Here on Nairaland,
So Please, Click On the Link Below , Like The Page and spread the word,
Once we get 50 Likes, It's Show Time,

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Blame-The-Machines/122341451190171

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1z6mdCDq0

Blame The Machines? tells the story of a day in the life of a young man, It starts alright but gradually things spiral out of control . as all the machines in his life seem to turn against him, until he has no choice but to react,
the question is how does he? and in the end . Do we indeed "Blame The Machines?"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/628502_blame_cover_jpg3805f360ba32279f0b01dbc2a06809c0

11 Likes

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by babyboy3(m): 9:56am On Feb 03, 2012
Short film has no commercial value, They are normally produced for the TV companies
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 12:54am On Feb 04, 2012
Yes, It's not for commercial purposes,
Most times they are made by people just for the love of filmmaking

2 Likes

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 10:20pm On Feb 05, 2012
We are getting there, Like the page people,
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 2:16am On Feb 07, 2012
bump
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 11:07am On Feb 08, 2012
Thanks for all your support Everyone, We hit 50 likes and So the Film will be uploaded and debut tonight,
grin grin grin grin
Thanks
http://www.facebook.com/BlameTheMachines

1 Like

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Nobody: 1:06pm On Feb 08, 2012
Upload it
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 5:08pm On Feb 08, 2012
Adetayo100:

Upload it
Exactly, show the film already; I really want to see it!

If you're excited and can't wait, watch mine, NOW! - https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-866173.0.html
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by damseremie(m): 11:50am On Feb 09, 2012
AND HERE IT IS,
grin grin grin
[flash=460,320]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1z6mdCDq0[/flash]

1 Like

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 12:29pm On Feb 09, 2012
damseremie:

AND HERE IT IS,
grin grin grin

My guy, una well done. Very good little short. Keep it up!!
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 9:31pm On Nov 19, 2012
Let's get this funny short back to the front page. Shebi na front page they dey call am? I like seeing the work of new filmmakers. I know it's difficult to go out and make something just for the love of it and to learn the ropes. So my dear NairaLanders also extend your love & support to Damseremie. Peace y'all.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by k2039: 8:32pm On Nov 23, 2012
Op your thread made frontpage after 9 month,you need to do a thanksgiving service on sunday

Since you will be charged with man slaugter I will sugest you sue the company that made the machines in return afteral their should be a warranty for the machine and if the warranty has expired you sue the machine to court

Well,the morale of the film is for us to try and exhibit self control and to be proactive at all times rather than being reactive

@OP,nice concept though
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by semid4lyfe(m): 8:37pm On Nov 23, 2012
Overall, I liked the opening Blame The Machines graphics and the sound that accompanied it. . .very machine-like and robotic. It goes with the title of the film

The story flowed and transition between scenes was seamless. Liked the use of interval as it was used to get us into the mind of the character and move the story forward

Also, I like the fact that a behavourial pattern was set early ON for the guy with all the banging and flinging so the last violent confrontation and his shoving/pushing of Rachel wasn't out of character.

Still, some minor points that need clarification

# From his work and office, I didn't get the sense the guy could afford to live in a duplex abi no be duplex hin dey live? undecided

# As far as I know, the Blue Screen Of Death commonly pops up after installation of an incompatible software or just when one is putting on the PC and not as it happened in the film when he was working on MS Word?

# That scene where Rachael fell and hit her head on the stool get comma. She fell and her head balanced on the stool "gidigba" like sey she by herself set her head on top sleeping pillow. shocked grin Wasn't her head supposed to have hit the stool and skidded off to the ground with the stool fallen off it's legs? undecided

All in all, a decent effort.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:41pm On Nov 23, 2012
k2039: Op next timw it hapens,you dont need to blame the machine,just sue the company that made it afteral their should be a warranty for the machine and if the warranty has expired you sue the machine to court

Hahahaha machine them don get sense - 12 months the thing go run fine na 13th month the thing go laff you say "My warranty don expire do your worst!"
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Areaboy2(m): 8:43pm On Nov 23, 2012
BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

if I had a penny for every time......

Sent from my Nokia 3310
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 8:46pm On Nov 23, 2012
Area_boy: BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

I didn't get that, did I miss something?
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Areaboy2(m): 8:48pm On Nov 23, 2012
VillageBoi:

I didn't get that, did I miss something?

thats was what happened to his computer.. hardware failure. aka computer crash grin grin grin
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by BE811APP: 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
k2039: Op your thread made frontpage after 9 month,you need to do a thanksgiving service on sunday

Since you will be charged with man slaugter I will sugest you sue the company that made the machines in return afteral their should be a warranty for the machine and if the warranty has expired you sue the machine to court

Dats a Full Blown Pregnancy period....9mnths!!!
Meanwyl let's Dance Azonto....4 making it reach FP...

By d way... Wats d postion of my post after 9mnths

Sent from Wireless Blackberry powerd by Nitel

1 Like

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by fapcrook(m): 8:50pm On Nov 23, 2012
well done
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by EfemenaXY: 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
hahaha!!

@Poster, I loved it! Really cool but a bit too short na!

And to answer your question, no. I don't blame the machines - I blame the guy jor. Nor be machines kill the babe cheesy
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by nanidee(f): 8:51pm On Nov 23, 2012
wow...this is really nice. Keep it up!
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by ACM10: 9:04pm On Nov 23, 2012
OP, I've wasted my megabytes on a countless occasions here watching, listening or downloading some useless videos and mp3. Convince me by posting the transcript of your short film that I'm going to get the value for my time and money. So that I will get a clearer idea of what I'm about to see in the film.
I wouldn't want to watch another movie, then come back to this page to curse you thereby discourage others from watching the clip.

1 Like

Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Nobody: 9:07pm On Nov 23, 2012
The thought has actually occurred to me that a large percent of our lives are governed by these machines, makes me think of if one day if all these mechanicals fail what will happened to humanity, imagine every bank was wiped to ground-zero meaning every account wiped out, no network,no tv,no light, no communication, i'm telling you, we will self-destruct.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Orikinla(m): 9:09pm On Nov 23, 2012
damseremie: Here's My Debut Short Film,
Set to Release Online, However am looking to get at least 50 likes for the Facebook Page, If we can Hit hat, We debut, Right Here on Nairaland,
So Please, Click On the Link Below , Like The Page and spread the word,
Once we get 50 Likes, It's Show Time,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_1z6mdCDq0

Blame The Machines? tells the story of a day in the life of a young man, It starts alright but gradually things spiral out of control . as all the machines in his life seem to turn against him, until he has no choice but to react,
the question is how does he? and in the end . Do we indeed "Blame The Machines?"

www.nairaland.com/attachments/628502_blame_cover_jpg3805f360ba32279f0b01dbc2a06809c0

Post the link on http://www.facebook.com/Ndi.Igbo?ref=ts&fref=ts for all the likes you need.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 9:10pm On Nov 23, 2012
pc guru: The thought has actually occurred to me that a large percent of our lives are governed by these machines, makes me think of if one day if all these mechanicals fail what will happened to humanity, imagine every bank was wiped to ground-zero meaning every account wiped out, no network,no tv,no light, no communication, i'm telling you, we will self-destruct.

Nah, we'll just adapt. Always have, always will.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
Area_boy:

thats was what happened to his computer.. hardware failure. aka computer crash grin grin grin

Oh, thats what you meant! Cool. lol
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Goldieluks: 9:11pm On Nov 23, 2012
This is quite creative. keep it up OP.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by Orikinla(m): 9:15pm On Nov 23, 2012
Frankly, there is absolute nothing special about the clip and totally artless.
Making a film is an art and there is no art in your story.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by FdsunnEX(m): 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
Dnt push him away, u try jor..

More videos
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by ACM10: 9:17pm On Nov 23, 2012
Orikinla: Frankly, there is absolute nothing special about the clip and totally artless.
This is the reason why I made my earlier comment.
Re: Blame The Machines?: A Nigerian Short Film by VillageBoi(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2012
Orikinla: Frankly, there is absolute nothing special about the clip and totally artless.
ACM10:
This is the reason why I made my earlier comment.

I totally understand what you guys are saying. I personally would encourage people to strive to do better next time. @ACM10 you can add 'constructive' crticism - where do you think it failed and what can the filmmakers do different next time? I'm interested in your answer because I also make short films and do want to get better at filmmaking in general.

PS - The OP is one of the few people sharing his 'completed' work here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Best Thriller Movies Ever. / Strong Receiver <srt 4653x> Decoded / "Scandal" Fan Page.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.