Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,771 members, 7,817,139 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? - Events (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? (15500 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75, 000. / Hall Decoration With 300 Chairs Covered For Just N75,000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 3:13pm On Apr 22, 2008
Ornaments are different. Mara of fact, thier values appreciates with time. U cant really say that for clothes.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Aladunni(f): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2008
for how many hours are you wearing that? and when next do you wear it?

lets be reasonable, its one of the reason we feel babes are more than guys
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by steaming(f): 2:09pm On Apr 24, 2008
Personally if my Guy would want a new Gown for me, I would readily buy it. He makes a fuss of little things like that.

As for me, i would gladly look for a very beautiful and lovely wedding gown and rent. Renting gives much more variety. If you have to make it yourself, they may not get what i want. And why buy something i wouldnt use again when i could use it and return and have some space for other things.

I dont mind how much i am going to pay for the rent, it could even be as much as a new one but i dont mind provided its gorgeous, lovely, beautiful, elegant, adorable and classy.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Blackcat(f): 1:26pm On May 01, 2008
My husband paid 2500 EUR that is about 500,000 naira for my wedding gown.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 1:53pm On May 05, 2008
A #75,000 wedding gown? that's cheap! why's everybody shyin away from sayin just that? I'm actually yet to see one that goes for less than #100,000 (not that i've done any serious searching anywayz). I'm all for people stayin within the confines of their income but a #75,000 wedding gown is definitely not expensive.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by agaba123(m): 3:27pm On Aug 07, 2008
won't get a nice gown if you ask me
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by nossycheek(f): 11:51am On Aug 13, 2008
Na wa, even peeps wey no fit buy N20k gown dey talk sey N75k gown too cheap. Naija!
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by mi3(f): 3:08am On Oct 09, 2008
hmm, i was about to say "no it isn't", taking into consideration the fact that people buy handbags for more than hundred thousand, but then most of you have made a really good point with the whole "it's only for a day" thing. Practically speaking, a handbag is put to more use tongue cheesy, then there is the issue of affordability. Not that you'll go and get a wedding dress for 500 thousand and be in debt up until your 40th anniversary tongue

Honestly though, i'd still say it's worth it. Weddings are special to us women, it's that one day where we can completely be indulged, feel like "princesses" and what not tonguetongue so i think it's worth spending money on the dress that you really really like
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Joseph6(m): 3:19am On Oct 09, 2008
okay, who are u tryin 2 impress by being a cheapskate?
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by JasmineSie(f): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2008
well i think it depends on ypur pocket and how extragant u want the weding to be but just remember not to spend all ur dough on the wedding and go broke th rest of ur marriage most people do that to show off and are broke after the wedding its soo not cool it doen't mean u shld be stingy either just do everything with moderation, and if u are finding that hard get a weding planner they make things so much easier, grin
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by playahP(m): 11:26pm On Oct 25, 2008
FOR U TO ASK IF A 75,000 WEDDING DRESS IS TOO MUCH THEN I GUESS URE GUY EITHER COMPLAINED OR DOESNT KNOW BOUT IT YET and u just wanna know if its too much 4 him to carry.

yes a 75,000 dress is quite much if its gonna add alot to ur budget,
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by wendyc: 7:50pm On Jan 23, 2009
depends on the couple to be. If you actually do your research, you can end up with Dresses that are not that much, or there about. you have to consider your finances too, becos dats what you'll fall back on after the wedding. personally my guy was a lot more than that, not because of anything other than where i reside. that's how much it goes for around here for something nice and to look good in.

At damisbridal's we do have alot of wedding dresses that range from 65k and up, and come directly from the States.
for any inquiry send to damisbridal@yahoo.com

thanks, and we'll forward you tons of dresses within your price range.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Aladunni(f): 8:27pm On Apr 26, 2009
@ poster

Aladunni:

for how many hours are you wearing that? and when next do you wear it?

lets be reasonable, its one of the reason we feel babes are more than guys

i am honourably eating my words after my wedding ceremony lipsrsealed

i think somethn spiritual is behind all these grin
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Motee(f): 6:52pm On Apr 28, 2009
I don't think the issue is the money. I think it all depends on the type of gown you want to wear. Do you want to wear a designer gown or a Taylor lo ran design (which is not also bad as I have seen beautiful ones made by them). If you plan well the cost of the gown can even be much higher than that. Do not also forget that the so called expensive gown might be given as a gift.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Guardian(m): 10:37am On May 02, 2009
What is all these buhaha about. 75k is too much or not too much depends on

1. Quality of gown
2. What sentiments are attached to wearing/owning your own wedding gown/ your mentality about buying an item for a one day wear ( mind u fit wear am on
your 25th if u don't go off and plumpy)
3. Your TASTE/CLASS

5 yrs a go I got my wife her gown 50K. I no shout, even though I toured the entire Lagos and was forced to know virtually every bridal store from cheap a to GBAM.

So the issue of much or not much should be laid to rest.
You either want it, it's got class, beautiful and makes the bride extra sexy and wedding outin posh or u leave am.
If u want it cheap try cut and sow or Benkol in Yaba

Want more expensive stuff try Dannies Bridal. If you think these are all too expensive go buy am direct from US.

hala
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 6:21pm On May 02, 2009
Whatever happened to bend-down select? undecided
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by bluespice(f): 5:04am On May 03, 2009
uche for the sake of ur head ill assume ur being sarcastic angry

no it isnt
best is to get a gown that can be turned into a dinner gown n worn on any other day
ive heard of a lady who after their wedding converted the gown to a simple dinner gown n wore it on her anniversary smiley
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by FLGators1: 5:05am On May 03, 2009
So Uche is back?
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Uche2nna(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2009
FL Gators!:

So Uche is back?

This ID is kinda unfamiliar to me. FL Gator, can U identify thyself undecided

@ bluespice

cheesy
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by FLGators1: 1:47am On May 04, 2009
This ID is kinda unfamiliar to me. FL Gator, can U identify thyself

No. wink
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by iice(f): 3:07pm On May 04, 2009
How much is N75,000?

Not really bothered about having some outrageously priced gown.  Something simple.  .  .something i can run on the beach in grin grin
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by ikamefa(f): 3:14pm On May 04, 2009
who needs a wedding gown sef? grin grin grin

am only concerned about the ring grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by iice(f): 3:18pm On May 04, 2009
Twinny grin grin, the ring na given na - i hope lol
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Pepeye(f): 4:31pm On May 04, 2009
Depends on ur budget, if u can afford it. . .why not

It all boils down to coating ur coat according to ur size
Wedding gown speaks volumes of ur personality on that day
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by deb(m): 4:19pm On May 25, 2009
em, how many times can you wear the 70k wedding gown?
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by zeya: 11:03am On May 27, 2009
75,000 is ok mine was 120,000,its your day, so anything that will make you happy and once d money is there,m dear do it.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by jumie(f): 1:25pm On Jun 01, 2009
Who says you cannot get a perfect gown for less than 75,000naira. One thing a lot of bride-to-be's do not realise is that many designers seek to exploit you because they know you are willing to part with large sums of money in the name of wedding gown. Your wedding gown need not be very expensive. I got mine for far less than that and it did not reduce me from being the cynosure of all eyes on my wedding day that is to say, it was perfect on me. If you have excess money, I advice you keep it because after the occasion is when you'll realise that you have a lot of needs. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience kisse!!!!!!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Motee(f): 10:37am On Jun 04, 2009
jumie:

Who says you cannot get a perfect gown for less than 75,000naira. One thing a lot of bride-to-be's do not realise is that many designers seek to exploit you because they know you are willing to part with large sums of money in the name of wedding gown. Your wedding gown need not be very expensive. I got mine for far less than that and it did not reduce me from being the cynosure of all eyes on my wedding day that is to say, it was perfect on me. If you have excess money, I advice you keep it because after the occasion is when you'll realise that you have a lot of needs. Trust me, I'm speaking from experience kisse!!!!!!!!!!

Apart from lot of needs sef, you will realise that you have no need of it again except it is made like a dinner wear. Mine is just wasting away at home now and I cannot even wear it to dinner. I think when we are making our gowns we usually think 90% of the gorgeous way we want to look but not the after cost of the gown.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by JJYOU: 10:42am On Jun 04, 2009
zeya:

75,000 is ok mine was 120,000,its your day, so anything that will make you happy and once d money is there,m dear do it.
seconded but if you dont have the money be comfortable enough to use what you can afford. dont stress your new life with debts is my general advice. that is why i will never personally give a penny to any young person marrying. if you cant afford it dont marry it menas you are not ready
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by blackchief(m): 1:46pm On Jun 04, 2009
LOOK AT IT THIS WAY,

Public servant (HONEST ONE)--------N75,000.00 (TOO MUCH AND CRAZY PRICE TO PAY)

BANKER/TELECOMS/OIL WORKERS---------------N75,000.00 (OKAY AND CAN AFFORD MORE )

FROM ME SHA' NO WAY IN HELL WILL I PAY THAT TYPE OF MORE FOR ANY GOWN, SUIT, SHOE ETC EVEN NOW THAT I KNOW I CAN AFFORD IT.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Pittbaby(f): 10:04pm On Jun 05, 2009
what is to expensive to you depends on your budget. N75,000 is not too expensive for me and I got a cheap wedding gown compared to everyone else I know.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coporate Dj/mc Ben Jack In Lagos@ A Token. / 100 Million Budget: How The Very Rich Stage Fabulous Weddings / 10 Activities That Make Christmas A Memorable Experience In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.