Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:30 PM

Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? (15501 Views)

Souvenir Shared At A Wedding Ceremony(photos) / Hall Decoration With Chairs Covered For 300 Guest Just N75, 000. / Hall Decoration With 300 Chairs Covered For Just N75,000! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Owugal(f): 10:31pm On Jun 05, 2009
it depends on your pocket, but now after getting married, I wish I had enough common sense to have bought a cheaper dress. Mine cost over 1500 dollars and I know people who bought 5000dollar dresses. the reason being that I have never really seen a bride who looked better than another. I think women should consider borrowing dresses. but I know no one will listen to me as far as borrowing. the best way to look beautiful on your wedding day is by preventing yourself from having someone bad do your make-up. have a nice hairstyle and you dont even have to wear expensive shoes, just buy nice white or silver ones or even black ones. One of the best bridal looks i ever saw was when the bride wore navy blue shoes. If I could redo my wedding the only thing I would spend more than 500 dollars on would be the reception hall. the wedding bussiness thing in america felt like a scam after I married. cos I felt I spent so much money on things that I neednt have.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by IceAngel2(f): 9:43pm On Jun 07, 2009
you've got to de kidding me!!! N75,000? NO Its not too much, if u can afford a wedding gown of N1m then u had better buy a 1m wedding gown. u've got to be a guy cos i dont see any lady who would think 75,000 is too much to wear for one of the happiest day of her life!

If u cant afford it then u dont have to rob a bank though. it all comes down to what is affordable to d individual.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Owugal(f): 4:54pm On Jun 08, 2009
Ice- Angel,

Be a little more considerate when you give people advice. A wedding dress does not the happiest day of your life make. She will have another happiest day, the day she has her first child. and she will probably be wearing a blood stained hospital gown if not just a tattered night gown, to meet someone just coming to this earth. Ice-angel are you married? do you have kids? I went to a lady's wedding sometime ago, Her dress was a Vera Wang that means nothing less than 5,000 dollars. she said she invited 500 people. at the reception there were less than 50 people there and so many empty seats and tables. Do you think if she knew, she wouldnt have worn a borrowed dress just to have people celebrate with her.

Dont give people quixotic advice like that. . there is a reason America is in its worst recession since the great depression,, people spent more money than they had/could afford. you dont want to spend so much money on a wedding dress and you and your husband begin to fight over money during your honeymoon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Rebarobyn: 12:53am On Jul 10, 2009
I think Nigerians, especially our women, love to live above their means, my friend rented a wedding gown from one of the shops in Ikeja two months ago for N20,000 (for 3 days) and she was absolutely gorgeous on her wedding day, she lives in Abuja, they even made airport arrangements for the sending and returning of the gown to lagos. If you cannot afford an expensive brand new gown, hire one, they are properly dry-cleaned after use, its no big deal, they are practically worthless after the wedding, your kids wont even wear them cos it wont be trendy in their time. I know many brides who now want to sell their gowns but no one is interested or the price they want to pay is ridiculous. I am hiring one for my wedding and I don't see anything wrong with that, no one is even gonna know unless you tell them, besides there are other things to use money for, I agree you hair + accessories + make up is what really brings out the beauty, hmmm, make-up, that's a story for another day, those make-up artists are just rip-offs, please 100k for make-up on trad and wedding day just for the bride, I just think Nigerians like to show off by buying expensive stuff and telling their friends that their wedding gown was vera wang and it cost 5000dollars and Tara did her make up for 100k and her accessories were from american swiss, please spare me!

3 Likes

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by zikabrown(f): 9:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Buy your latest wedding gown (importer) at d cheapest price from d importer,i actually bought from her,u will love her designs,her prices ranges from 40k to 50k .call her on 08033274068.chao
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 15, 2009
Rebarobyn - I agree with you. Who the hell cares if you wear Vera Wang - does that determine the success of the marriage abeg, if you have the money to buy expensive wedding gowns then go ahead but if you don't then live within ur means.

Whats so great about getting ur stuff from abroad anyway - most of the time people go to Fonthill road in North London and start claiming they bought their accessories and dress in London. Or you read some write ups in Nigerian magazines about something being "designed" in America or Italy or the UK - abeg they bought their outfit from a shop there - there is nothing special about it.

Personally thou I wouldn't borrow or rent a gown, but if you find something unique and nice at an affordable price then buy it, what is our obsession with buying the most expensive - it doesn't always equal the best!!!!!!!!

Anyway what is this about make up being 100k - i put my make up down as 30k for my wedding - who the hell is charging 100k for make up are they crazy?

anyway that's my two cents. Its so funny cos you go to some of these wedding forums here in the UK and everyone is giving each other advice on how to save money and grab a bargain - the Nigerian version will go like this

"I bought a Vera Wang dress in New York last week and then we are going to Tiffany's to look for our wedding bands"

"Really my Oscar de la renta gown I ordered in this chic boutique in Kensington - London has now arrived, I fly out on friday to pick it up"

"Girl do you know that I went to a wedding last week and they didn't even have a live band - that is so tacky - at my own I am even going to get Dbanj to sing for us"

Naija will never fail to entertain me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Pittbaby(f): 7:24pm On Aug 04, 2009
LOL , I just feel sorry for the grooms, but then birds of a feather flock togerther
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by Sprumbaba: 9:40pm On Aug 17, 2009
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by nigboy(m): 3:20am On Jan 11, 2010
I do not thing it is much

after all people are spending millions of dollars just to purchase an expensive engagement ring
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by zinaLPF: 11:47am On Feb 02, 2010
All bridal dresses - N55,000!! All Bridesmaids dresses or evening formals – N14,500!!

All gowns Top Designer originals just arrived from the USA –
Janell Berte, Avica, Anjolique, Scaasi, Demetrios, Oleg Cassini, Jessica McClintock, Eve of Milady.

Sizes 6 – 24 Available!!

Why pay N100,000 for a copy from China?
Also featured - Mens Suits, Little Bride Dresses, Veils, Jewellery.

For more information, please call -
Prix Fixe Liquidation
0809 808 6622 or 0807 949 5555
OR
info@lpfinvestments.com
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by GODSON2009(m): 6:59pm On Feb 12, 2010
Owu gal:

Ice- Angel,

Be a little more considerate when you give people advice. A wedding dress does not the happiest day of your life make. She will have another happiest day, the day she has her first child. and she will probably be wearing a blood stained hospital gown if not just a tattered night gown, to meet someone just coming to this earth. Ice-angel are you married? do you have kids? I went to a lady's wedding sometime ago, Her dress was a Vera Wang that means nothing less than 5,000 dollars. she said she invited 500 people. at the reception there were less than 50 people there and so many empty seats and tables. Do you think if she knew, she wouldnt have worn a borrowed dress just to have people celebrate with her.

Dont give people quixotic advice like that. . there is a reason America is in its worst recession since the great depression,, people spent more money than they had/could afford. you dont want to spend so much money on a wedding dress and you and your husband begin to fight over money during your honeymoon.

this is by far the best comment so far, GOD bless you and i wish nigerian women have this mindset,i have told my gf that i am either buying the gown i feel is reasonably priced,or she can go pay for the vera wang and whatever out of her own pocket.
the funny thing is that an ugly girl will not look more beautiful with a 500 pounds wedding gown so i wonder what the whole fuss is about,alsdo i think most of the girls mouthing off here are not married hence still living in the make believe world of marrying tall dark handsome and rish who ll give them a fairy tale jordan and peter andre styl;e wedding
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by ayettymama(f): 2:00pm On Feb 17, 2010
thats the minimum for a good wedding gown down here sef!

but ill advise u to rent, a nice designer one!!!

or get urs done in china

u dont need to spend soo much buyin a dress u wont wear again!
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by lisabe: 2:32pm On Jan 06, 2012
I TOTALLY AGREE, WHY SPEND A FORTUNE ON YOUR WEDDING GOWN, WHEN THERE ARE BETTER THINGS TO DO WITH YOUR MONEY. FROM N45,000 UPWARDS GET AN EVEN BETTER NEW WEDDING GOWN WHICH IS CUSTOMIZED TO YOUR SIZE AND BODY, ONE SPECIALLY MADE FOR YOU TO AVOID THE STRESS OF ADJUSTMENTS AND AMENDMENTS AND WE CAN HELP YOU RE-SELL AFTER YOUR WEDDING,

VIST US NOW AT www.bridely.com.ng AND WE WILL BE MORE THAN WILLING TO ASSIST YOU WITH WHATEVER YOU WANT.
OR CALL US 07031842268, 08079926906

VISIT US NOW AT www.bridely.com.ng
YOUR WEDDING APPAREL SOLUTIONS:
WEDDING GOWNS:
BRIDESMAID DRESSES/GOWNS
LITTLE BRIDE DRESSES

1 Like

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by BabyJade: 3:39am On Jul 17, 2012
interesting topic. But i believe, what is to expensive to you depends on your budget. I just ordered my wedding dress from a company called Desire bridal Couture. Its the gown of my dream and i really wanted the style. I did not care about the price, all i wanted was the gown. so again, it depends on the individual's budget.
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by lammygloooooooo(m): 11:34pm On Jul 17, 2012
no be you wan use am is your d day you are not going to do it twice i don't see a big deal there exept say yo want to go and take loan for the gown but if the money belong to you or your fiance you can even use what costier than that aye lati ba owo aye la ma fi sile si jaye lo
Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by essangisaac(m): 12:01am On Jul 25, 2012
2Dice Studios Port Harcourt, we do video and photography coverage for all event all over Nigeria.We de best DSLR and HDV Cameras. You will get the best of Editing and Packaging. We also do photobook. Our Delivery period is 2 weeks. For more information call, Isaac on 07030958333 and 07084427713.

Re: Is N75,000 Not Too Much For A Wedding Gown? by AppleofGod(f): 10:01am On Jun 23, 2013
Juli Collections, Block 3 Shop 15, Odua Model. Mart, 384 Ikorodu Road, Wema Bank premises By New Garage BRT Bus/stopN Ojota, Lagos. 08060206053

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coporate Dj/mc Ben Jack In Lagos@ A Token. / 100 Million Budget: How The Very Rich Stage Fabulous Weddings / 10 Activities That Make Christmas A Memorable Experience In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.