Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,011 members, 7,817,980 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 AM

Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC (15142 Views)

Has Any One Registered A Company Online At CAC Website?. / Requirements For Incorporating A Private Limited Liability Company In Nigeria / I Just Registered A LTD Company (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by knotty(m): 1:56pm On Oct 16, 2007
i am just about incorporating a limited liability company with 1million share capital. i am confused about the payments and actual cost of incorporation. can anybody with idea enlighten me please?
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2007
Check this site for details

http://www.cac.gov.ng/

1 Like

Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by collins011(m): 5:13pm On Oct 17, 2007
I just did mine through a lawyer's friend and you know it is only a lawyer or a chartered accountant can only do that for you. Most lawyers from 60k and above to incorporate a company with 1m shares but i did mine with 54k after pleading with him.

If you are really interested in incorporating your own company you will need to come down to abuja or better still if you have somebody who you can tell to assist you here in abuja

to contact me, call or mail me @ 08052602510 or collins011@yahoo.com
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 5:52pm On Oct 17, 2007
collins011:

I just did mine through a lawyer's friend and you know it is only a lawyer or a chartered accountant can only do that for you. Most lawyers from 60k and above to incorporate a company with 1m shares but i did mine with 54k after pleading with him.

If you are really interested in incorporating your own company you will need to come down to abuja or better still if you have somebody who you can tell to assist you here in abuja

to contact me, call or mail me @ 08052602510 or collins011@yahoo.com

$415 for incorporating in Nigeria?? I just did that here this week for $125 shocked
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by moreshow(m): 7:50pm On Oct 17, 2007
You guys are big boys, where una dey steal money, Sorry i mean where una dey see money,

Make una no dey indirectly flash us with una asset and worth for here ooo,

This is a forum and not consultancy avenue shocked
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by buddie(m): 1:53pm On Oct 18, 2007
moreshow,
Why sound so funny?If it doesnt go down well with you,then leave the forum 4 us, undecided
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by knotty(m): 9:45pm On Oct 18, 2007
moreshow,

are you flustered by the 1million tag? it actually does not translate to 1million Naira immediately.
so please, do not discourage those who have the know-how to direct us into navigating our way around this issue. keep still, listen, i am sure you will need this info someday.

by the way, i checked their website(one of the best in Nigeria i am aware of) yet, it says nothing of how much your/my lawyer friends and accountants are willing to milk you/me of and for what reasons.

why must i pay 75,000? i am still wandering in my wonder.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by moreshow(m): 10:14pm On Oct 18, 2007
buddie:

moreshow,
Why sound so funny?If it doesnt go down well with you,then leave the forum 4 us, undecided
knotty:

moreshow,

are you flustered by the 1million tag? it actually does not translate to 1million Naira immediately.
so please, do not discourage those who have the know-how to direct us into navigating our way around this issue. keep still, listen, i am sure you will need this info someday.

by the way, i checked their website(one of the best in Nigeria i am aware of) yet, it says nothing of how much your/my lawyer friends and accountants are willing to milk you/me of and for what reasons.

why must i pay 75,000? i am still wandering in my wonder.
I meant no arm or insult just trying to be funny and naughty,
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by collins011(m): 11:56am On Oct 19, 2007
The truth of the matter is that once one need any kind of services from professionals you must pay them some amount for their services. A closed lawyer friend were able to tell me the whole truth and what it takes in incorperating a company, i mean he listed the whole requirement, the main cost and his own fee, but the fees they charge ranges, depends on individual (i.e) what a Senior Advocate (SAN) will charge you in incorporating a company and what lawyer who just finish law school will charge you will never be the same. But am sure the main money required by CAC for incorporating 1million is between the range of 40,000 - 45,000 as you know definitely whoever that works must surely eat. so some of them put their own fee from 15,000 and above depending on the individual you approach for the service. I was able to know all this when i was trying to open my own and unfortunately i was not having enough money to flow around.

The ball is in your court, if you're really serious about it, i can introduce you to someone who can charge you a friendly price for that.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 10:36pm On Oct 20, 2007
collins011:

The truth of the matter is that once one need any kind of services from professionals you must pay them some amount for their services. A closed lawyer friend were able to tell me the whole truth and what it takes in incorperating a company, i mean he listed the whole requirement, the main cost and his own fee, but the fees they charge ranges, depends on individual (i.e) what a Senior Advocate (SAN) will charge you in incorporating a company and what lawyer who just finish law school will charge you will never be the same. But am sure the main money required by CAC for incorporating 1million is between the range of 40,000 - 45,000 as you know definitely whoever that works must surely eat. so some of them put their own fee from 15,000 and above depending on the individual you approach for the service. I was able to know all this when i was trying to open my own and unfortunately i was not having enough money to flow around.

The ball is in your court, if you're really serious about it, i can introduce you to someone who can charge you a friendly price for that.

Regardless , the cost Of signing a couple of forms and sending it to be approved by the state is still too high. It is almost 3 times what it is in the United states. That is enough reason to say PULL THE BRAKES, something is wrong. Sure Lawyers have to eat but if a lawyer charges that much in Nigeria and they charge a fraction of that in the US, Don't you see there is a problem here?? By the way, do you really need a Lawyer to incorporate in Nigeria?? Can't you just file the papers and send them in on your own and get it over with??
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by thunder74(m): 3:48pm On Oct 21, 2007
Lawyer and Accountant have the exclusive privilege of incorporating a companies in Nigeria. Many of you only talk about the money you pay, but there are many things a lawyer will do before you get the certificate starting from searching to reservation, to registration and some follow ups. The fees varies as many of you have rightly said depending on the person you meet. But inc ase any of you need any assistance, I can be of help. Some of you should be free to approach lawyers for advise afterall that is why they are there for you. Incorporation is not a day, a week or a month job.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2007
thunder74:

Lawyer and Accountant have the exclusive privilege of incorporating a companies in Nigeria. Many of you only talk about the money you pay, but there are many things a lawyer will do before you get the certificate starting from searching to reservation, to registration and some follow ups. The fees varies as many of you have rightly said depending on the person you meet. But inc ase any of you need any assistance, I can be of help. Some of you should be free to approach lawyers for advise afterall that is why they are there for you. Incorporation is not a day, a week or a month job.

Can you start by then enlightening us, What is the difference between incorporating and getting a certificate for a partnership?? Regardless of how "COMPLEX" the system wants to make it SEEM. Reality is the average man is capable of handling all the so called searching, to reservation to follow ups as you indicated up there. Sure one can use lawyers but the fact remains it does not have to cost that much.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by thunder74(m): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2007
Everyone knows that paracetamol is for pain relief and headache and anyone can buy it from any chemist or even on the road but there are some drugs that you can not prescribe for yourself unless you are a doctor or consult one. Anyway if you are interested in in getting legal advise, consult a lawyer near you but dont forget that it took lawyers to 5 to 7 years to get to where they are and what they do now, afterall man must eat. That is their job
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Seun(m): 9:04pm On Oct 21, 2007
I don't think lawyers spend 5-7 years in school in order to learn how to do what any computer can do.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Mustay(m): 12:55am On Oct 22, 2007
for private companies

10,000naira

for public companies

all other costs are indirect costs determind by those you 'appoint'
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by thunder74(m): 3:30pm On Oct 22, 2007
Now I see why many clients lost their matters in Courts, even when they have good cases or when everything should have worked in their favour; the reason is that many consult quacks or are led by "I too Know syndroms" whereby they mortgage their future, the worst when it is a criminal matter. Incorporation though is a small matter compare to what lawyers do, all lawyers are qualified to incorporate companies but not all that can incorporate companies as your LLB and BL is not enough until you pay to get accredited by CAC before you could be allowed to incorporate, very simple but technical. Though a non lawyer can register busines name but advisable to meet somebody trained in the act to do the job for you. Wait! my people dont you want lawyers to eat? Seun, I know that we are in Computer age where computer can do almost everything but still waiting till when computer will handle matters in court, I pray we get to that era on time. Please let lawyer "chop". If one lawyer billed you too high, why not move to the next door at least we have over 50,000 lawyers in this country. Wait please if you dont patronise them we will continue to have more of "Igbosere lawyers".

NB
All of you reading this should Please send your contact addresses to me so as to send my bills to you, afterall legal advise is not free, abi?
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by auwal87(m): 11:02am On Oct 29, 2007
The Corporate Affairs Commission is located in Unity Road, Off Ibrahim Taiwo Road, Kano. (I know you know),

I made my on 20 Million Share Capital @ 35K, I dnt know if they increase the price, but I know its not so much expensive,
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2007
well as far as incorporation is concerned if you are not a lawyer or accountant you cannot register a LLC (Limited Liability Company). So whatever info anybody gives you is at best a theory. Coz u will need an acrreditation number.
Don't worry I can do it for you for one week(putting in mind one day incoporation at the CAC Abuja which is 50k)- just prepare a fee of 250k and you will have your cert in 5 working days.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 5:39pm On Oct 29, 2007
Seun, pls watch the way you handle issues that relate to lawyers, I have read one or two of your comments in one or two threads in relation to LP they are not too fantastic. You are highly respected, don't bring yourself lo. ok. Meanwhile, there is no law in this country that bars professional from charging anyhow, that is why we call it profesional fee. If an accountant charges 2m for an audit job and you are not pleased with that you can go to another who will charge 1m or 500k. So also a lawyer. Professional fee is dependent upon the personality. After all OBJ paid 250m to a SAN for the same services(incoporation). Abi I lie?
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by VESTA: 11:18am On Oct 30, 2007
Period !

I love your reply - no side talks.
Meanwhile, the CAC site is open to all.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by femiko(m): 9:13am On Feb 12, 2008
how much does it cost to register a Limited company
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by thunder74(m): 3:00pm On Feb 12, 2008
For Femi _ko:

The amount you pay for incorporation depends on the person handling it for you, the number of share capital and how urgent you want it registered. But the minimum I charge is 80k for 1m share capital for private Company.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 5:22pm On Feb 12, 2008
@ [b]Femi_ko
you have heard the true gist from Thunder74, incorporation depends on a lot of factors i.e. who is doing it, share capital and when you want your certificate. The procedure is as follows: 1. You submit names for availaility search, it takes like 2-4 days to get it approved depending on whether or not CAC system is functioning properlly. There is however a faster means which is online i.e. submitting the names through the internet from the comfort of your home and getting result within 24hrs. (you are advised to drop more than one name and they must be generic). 2. the CAC forms are prepared for your signature. 3. The MEMART is prepared, stamped based on the share capital. 4. The documents are submitted at CAC. 5. You have your certificate.

the following may be useful:

fee to incorprate within 1 week (5 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N250,000
fee to incorprate within 2 weeks (10 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N200,000
fee to incorprate within 3 weeks (15 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N150,000
fee to incorprate within 4 week (20 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N100,000

if you are comfortable with my figures please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at arinnet08@gmail.com or kleandenation@yahoo.ca
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 12:39pm On Apr 15, 2008
omogidi234:

@ [b]Femi_ko
you have heard the true gist from Thunder74, incorporation depends on a lot of factors i.e. who is doing it, share capital and when you want your certificate. The procedure is as follows: 1. You submit names for availaility search, it takes like 2-4 days to get it approved depending on whether or not CAC system is functioning properlly. There is however a faster means which is online i.e. submitting the names through the internet from the comfort of your home and getting result within 24hrs. (you are advised to drop more than one name and they must be generic). 2. the CAC forms are prepared for your signature. 3. The MEMART is prepared, stamped based on the share capital. 4. The documents are submitted at CAC. 5. You have your certificate.

the following may be useful:

fee to incorprate within 1 week (5 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N250,000
fee to incorprate within 2 weeks (10 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N200,000
fee to incorprate within 3 weeks (15 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N150,000
fee to incorprate within 4 week (20 working days from the date of approval of the name)= N100,000

if you are comfortable with my figures please do not hesitate to get in touch with me at arinnet08@gmail.com or kleandenation@yahoo.ca

QED
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 1:12pm On Apr 15, 2008
Man, those numbers are seriously high.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 1:30pm On Apr 15, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Man, those numbers are seriously high.

I don't think so. It is about choice, professional fees vary from lawyers to lawyers as well as from firm to firm. Thanks.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Kobojunkie: 1:36pm On Apr 15, 2008
Well, compared to what I have paid myself, I mean check out www.legalzoom.com and see first hand
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by omogidi234(m): 2:53pm On Apr 15, 2008
Please permit me to say that U.S jurisdiction is completely different from ours and by extension fees from both juris can't be compared not even Ghana our next door Neighbour.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Rlst84sale(m): 1:19am On Apr 22, 2008
Our own Naija people never cease to amaze you, what are we turning the topic to?. If you know how people here can get help to get their business up share it not starting an arguement. This is not directing my response at anyone in particular please share good info if you have any if not zip it. Most of the people here have little caiptal to start with in the first place why discourage or make life difficult for them?. For every way there is a less expensive and legitimate alternative if you know it please share it.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by 1Coolman(m): 2:55am On Apr 22, 2008
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Rlst84sale(m): 5:31am On Apr 22, 2008
@1Coolman, Kobojunkie

Thank you guys, you indeed are kool fellows, This is the most useful information so far on this topic. Please how current are the fees?. Thank you a lot guys.
Re: Cost Of Incorporating A Ltd Company At CAC by Rlst84sale(m): 3:23pm On Apr 22, 2008
Does anyone know, when you incorporate your business in any state capital (say Lagos or Portharcourt) in Nigeria do they have a timely turn around response as when you file it in Abuja or do you have to go to Abuja to file it?. How long does it normally take when you file it in a state and when you file it in Abuja? If anyone have information on this please let us know. Thank you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fire Razes Samek Line at Ariaria, Aba (Video, Photos) / Nigerian Banks Set To Launch Compliant Naira Stablecoin In 2024 / NIPOST Returned My Missing Packages​..my Nairaland Success Story!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.