Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,337 members, 7,839,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

Maternity - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maternity (548 Views)

MTN Foundation Maternity Ward Support Project (photos) / Sad Picture Of Maternity Ward In Igun Hospital In Osun State / Maternity Hospitals/clinics In Lagos! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Maternity by clearlaw: 1:35pm On Feb 05, 2012
Why is maternity of our age can not give birth successful wil that undergoing operation?
Re: Maternity by agiboma(f): 3:59pm On Feb 07, 2012
Thats not perticuarly true, sometimes during labour the baby presents in a way that a vaginal delivery is not possible, @ times the women's body fails to perform the way it should (not dialating) and endangers the baby so surgery is the only option
Re: Maternity by EfemenaXY: 4:57pm On Feb 07, 2012
^^ agreed

There could be a host of other reasons too. For example, if there is a noticable drop in the baby's readings (i.e the breathing / heartbeat rate drops) or asphyxiation an emergency Cesarean would be needed to save the baby's life

Also depending on the postion the baby presents during labour - say for example breech (i.e bottom facing downwards)

or transverse lie (i.e baby lying sideways across the womb) would call for an emergency C-section. This is because if the mother's waters break whilst the child is lying transversely, could result in cord prolapse (i.e the cord emerging first before the baby) which could cause suffocation, brain damage and if not attended to immediately - death.

(1) (Reply)

Asthma - Prevention & Curing Protocol . / The Normal PH That Is Required For Obtimal Health / What Do You Know About Prostate.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.