Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,647 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:29 PM

The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden (819 Views)

If Adam And Eve Were Whites, Where Did The Blacks Came From? / Where Do Black People Come From If Adam And Eve Were White...? / Christians:What Fruit Did Adam And Eve Eat Inside The Garden Of Eden? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by Nobody: 1:53pm On Feb 06, 2012
Gen 3 vs 22 - 24 ----  22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.

Contrary to what we've been told, God didn't send them out because they ate the forbidden fruit but because he was afraid they might eat the tree of life and live forever.
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by crossman9(m): 2:04pm On Feb 06, 2012
for the record it was for both reasons one the sin state the second he did not want man to life forever in a sin state so cast him out fact how can you get such simple thing wrong?
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by Nobody: 2:11pm On Feb 06, 2012
crossman9:

for the record it was for both reasons one the sin state the second he did not want man to life forever in a sin state so cast him out fact how can you get such simple thing wrong?

Bible verse to corroborate your point please.

Also, if the tree of life wasn't there, would God have sent them from Eden?
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by emofine2(f): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
phxc:

Gen 3 vs 22 - 24 ----  22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

crossman9:

It's kinda strange how these two people could have lived in a sinless state forever yet have no knowledge of good and evil.
On the other hand the knowledge they acquired via sin brought upon the consequence of having only but a temporary life.
If they had eaten from the tree of life . . .I wonder what would have happened. The usual rule is that good always triumph over evil, I wonder if evil would have triumphed then? (just thinking out loud)

It's pretty strange. Were Adam and Eve supposed to remain innocent? In their child-like innocence would they have even procreated? undecided
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by crossman9(m): 2:37pm On Feb 06, 2012
I will put my money you’re a Muslim I am making all you need to destroy your house of cards wait?
i listen to people like this all the time? old out of date points
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by Sweetnecta: 2:48pm On Feb 06, 2012
@Phxc: « on: Today at 01:53:57 PM »
The below is classic, either a new discover by few casting the majority of bible believers as people of schisms, itself another schism, both are lies or is there a way that they are all truth from God Almighty? Lets example the below and maybe we will arrive at some truth or absolute truth.

[Quote]Gen 3 vs 22 - 24 ----  22And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us,[/Quote]Notice that before God created and after He created man, we always read Him talking and never read where anyone in the "We, US" that He used responded. Why? Are the others dumb? Or was He using Majesty Pronoun for Himself, alone?

[Quote] to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:[/Quote]Is Biblical God threatened by discovery and everliving of what He created? Shouldnt the good be known away from evil?

[Quote] 23Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.

24So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life.[/Quote]the bold is proof of many things; Is Biblical God not capable of seeing His own handwork preserved forever, especially now that we know that He created Paradise and Hell, places to preserve body and soul of their inhabitants for ever based on good work of belief and deed under His Mercy and bad work of disbelief and deed under His Justice? Is it ironic that no garden can be located by anyone, no cherubim and flaming sword and tree is here to tell us if there is any truth to the above? Or how did they all perished, especially the tree? Did some family used it as firewood? God can be deemed jealous by people who think jealousy is mere expressing of your rights which must not be violated based on ground rules. But to suggest that God will be intimidated by some knowledge that creation can acquire is ludicrous. The so called tree of life would be creation. Can creation supporting creation be able to overcome the Creator? How will eating from the so called tree of life could have threatened the Supremacy of God Who has no equal, whereas off the bat there were man and woman at this incidence of eating or attempting to eat? Yet there were angels already created endowed with more power, even to wipe off mankind as we speak now.

[Quote]Contrary to what we've been told, God didn't send them out because they ate the forbidden fruit but[b]because he was afraid[/b] they might eat the tree of life and live forever.[/Quote]only in the Bible can God be afraid. Its no wonder therefore that God is made human, even to have to be conceived, and go through all the stages of fetal developments as well as worldly developments. I bet at 33 he would have developed ability to impregnate a woman with his semen/male gamete, except he didn't do it. There are many confirmed bachelors today. Even people older than 33 may still be virgins.

Here is my opinion based on not making Creator like creation; Nothing that creation will ever amount to that if they support one another in it, it will never be a thing that will threaten what God has. He can just command it to nothing.
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by crossman9(m): 3:25pm On Feb 06, 2012
Genesis Chapter 2 בְּרֵאשִׁית
טו וַיִּקַּח יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים, אֶת-
הָאָדָם; וַיַּנִּחֵהוּ בְגַן-עֵדֶן, לְעָבְדָהּ וּלְשָׁמְרָהּ. 15 And the LORD God took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
טז וַיְצַו יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים, עַל-הָאָדָם לֵאמֹר: מִכֹּל עֵץ-הַגָּן, אָכֹל תֹּאכֵל. 16 And the LORD God commanded the man, saying: 'Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat;
יז וּמֵעֵץ, הַדַּעַת טוֹב וָרָע--לֹא תֹאכַל, מִמֶּנּוּ: כִּי, בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְךָ מִמֶּנּוּ--מוֹת תָּמוּת. 17 but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'
Genesis Chapter 3 בְּרֵאשִׁית
א וְהַנָּחָשׁ, הָיָה עָרוּם, מִכֹּל חַיַּת הַשָּׂדֶה, אֲשֶׁר עָשָׂה יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים; וַיֹּאמֶר, אֶל-הָאִשָּׁה, אַף כִּי-אָמַר אֱלֹהִים, לֹא תֹאכְלוּ מִכֹּל עֵץ הַגָּן. 1 Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman: 'Yea, hath God said: Ye shall not eat of any tree of the garden?'
ב וַתֹּאמֶר הָאִשָּׁה, אֶל-הַנָּחָשׁ: מִפְּרִי עֵץ-הַגָּן, נֹאכֵל. 2 And the woman said unto the serpent: 'Of the fruit of the trees of the garden we may eat;
ג וּמִפְּרִי הָעֵץ, אֲשֶׁר בְּתוֹךְ-הַגָּן--אָמַר אֱלֹהִים לֹא תֹאכְלוּ מִמֶּנּוּ, וְלֹא תִגְּעוּ בּוֹ: פֶּן-תְּמֻתוּן. 3 but of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said: Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.'
ד וַיֹּאמֶר הַנָּחָשׁ, אֶל-הָאִשָּׁה: לֹא-מוֹת, תְּמֻתוּן. 4 And the serpent said unto the woman: 'Ye shall not surely die;
ה כִּי, יֹדֵעַ אֱלֹהִים, כִּי בְּיוֹם אֲכָלְכֶם מִמֶּנּוּ, וְנִפְקְחוּ עֵינֵיכֶם; וִהְיִיתֶם, כֵּאלֹהִים, יֹדְעֵי, טוֹב וָרָע. 5 for God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as God, knowing good and evil.'
ו וַתֵּרֶא הָאִשָּׁה כִּי טוֹב הָעֵץ לְמַאֲכָל וְכִי תַאֲוָה-הוּא לָעֵינַיִם, וְנֶחְמָד הָעֵץ לְהַשְׂכִּיל, וַתִּקַּח מִפִּרְיוֹ, וַתֹּאכַל; וַתִּתֵּן גַּם-לְאִישָׁהּ עִמָּהּ, וַיֹּאכַל. 6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat; and she gave also unto her husband with her, and he did eat.
ז וַתִּפָּקַחְנָה, עֵינֵי שְׁנֵיהֶם, וַיֵּדְעוּ, כִּי עֵירֻמִּם הֵם; וַיִּתְפְּרוּ עֲלֵה תְאֵנָה, וַיַּעֲשׂוּ לָהֶם חֲגֹרֹת. 7 And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig-leaves together, and made themselves girdles.

י וַיֹּאמֶר, אֶת-קֹלְךָ שָׁמַעְתִּי בַּגָּן; וָאִירָא כִּי-עֵירֹם אָנֹכִי, וָאֵחָבֵא. 10 And he said: 'I heard Thy voice in the garden, and I was afraid, because I was naked; and I hid myself.'
יא וַיֹּאמֶר--מִי הִגִּיד לְךָ, כִּי עֵירֹם אָתָּה; הֲמִן-הָעֵץ, אֲשֶׁר צִוִּיתִיךָ לְבִלְתִּי אֲכָל-מִמֶּנּוּ--אָכָלְתָּ. 11 And He said: 'Who told thee that thou wast naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?'
יב וַיֹּאמֶר, הָאָדָם: הָאִשָּׁה אֲשֶׁר נָתַתָּה עִמָּדִי, הִוא נָתְנָה-לִּי מִן-הָעֵץ וָאֹכֵל. 12 And the man said: 'The woman whom Thou gavest to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I did eat.'

יז וּלְאָדָם אָמַר, כִּי-שָׁמַעְתָּ לְקוֹל אִשְׁתֶּךָ, וַתֹּאכַל מִן-הָעֵץ, אֲשֶׁר צִוִּיתִיךָ לֵאמֹר לֹא תֹאכַל מִמֶּנּוּ--אֲרוּרָה הָאֲדָמָה, בַּעֲבוּרֶךָ, בְּעִצָּבוֹן תֹּאכְלֶנָּה, כֹּל יְמֵי חַיֶּיךָ. 17 And unto Adam He said: 'Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying: Thou shalt not eat of it; cursed is the ground for thy sake; in toil shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life.

יט בְּזֵעַת אַפֶּיךָ, תֹּאכַל לֶחֶם, עַד שׁוּבְךָ אֶל-הָאֲדָמָה, כִּי מִמֶּנָּה לֻקָּחְתָּ: כִּי-עָפָר אַתָּה, וְאֶל-עָפָר תָּשׁוּב. 19 In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken; for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.'

כב וַיֹּאמֶר יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים, הֵן הָאָדָם הָיָה כְּאַחַד מִמֶּנּוּ, לָדַעַת, טוֹב וָרָע; וְעַתָּה פֶּן-יִשְׁלַח יָדוֹ, וְלָקַח גַּם מֵעֵץ הַחַיִּים, וְאָכַל, וָחַי לְעֹלָם. 22 And the LORD God said: 'Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil; and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever.'
כג וַיְשַׁלְּחֵהוּ יְהוָה אֱלֹהִים, מִגַּן-עֵדֶן--לַעֲבֹד, אֶת-הָאֲדָמָה, אֲשֶׁר לֻקַּח, מִשָּׁם. 23 Therefore the LORD God sent him forth from the garden of Eden, to till the ground from whence he was taken.
כד וַיְגָרֶשׁ, אֶת-הָאָדָם; וַיַּשְׁכֵּן מִקֶּדֶם לְגַן-עֵדֶן אֶת-הַכְּרֻבִים, וְאֵת לַהַט הַחֶרֶב הַמִּתְהַפֶּכֶת, לִשְׁמֹר, אֶת-דֶּרֶךְ עֵץ הַחַיִּים. {ס} 24 So He drove out the man; and He placed at the east of the garden of Eden the cherubim, and the flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way to the tree of life. {S}

(NIV) Romans 5:12 Therefore, just as sin entered the world through one man, and death through sin, and in this way death came to all men, because all sinned—
(NIV) Romans 5:13 for before the law was given, sin was in the world. But sin is not taken into account when there is no law.

(NIV) Romans 5:14 Nevertheless, death reigned from the time of Adam to the time of Moses, even
over those who did not sin by breaking a command, as did Adam, who was a pattern of the one to come.

(NIV) Romans 5:15 But the gift is not like the trespass. For if the many died by the trespass of the one man, how much more did God's grace and the gift that came by the grace of the one man, Jesus Christ, overflow to the many!

(NIV) Romans 5:16 Again, the gift of God is not like the result of the one man's sin: The judgment followed one sin and brought condemnation, but the gift followed many trespasses and brought justification.

(NIV) Romans 5:17 For if, by the trespass of the one man, death reigned through that one man, how much more will those who receive God's abundant provision of grace and of the gift of righteousness reign in life
through the one man, Jesus Christ.

(NIV) Romans 5:18 Consequently, just as the result of one trespass was condemnation for all men, so also the result of one act of righteousness was justification that brings life for all men.

(NIV) Romans 5:19 For just as through the disobedience of the one man the many were made sinners, so also through the obedience of the one man the many will be made righteous.

(NIV) Romans 5:20 The law was added so that the trespass might increase. But where sin increased, grace increased all the more,

(NIV) Romans 5:21 so that, just as sin reigned in death, so also grace might reign through righteousness to bring eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.
Re: The Real Reason Adam And Eve Were Sent Out From The Garden Of Eden by knightride: 9:24pm On Feb 06, 2012
@ Poster.

I think you are right. Sending them out of the garden was the last thing God did. So that they may not eat the fruit of life. The last verse of chapter three points to the fact that the Angel with the fiery sword was placed at the east of the garden so as to prevent ANYONE FROM ACCESSING THE TREE OF LIFE LEST THEY EAT ITS FRUIT.

I've always been thinking about man eating the fruit of life after eating the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil, I believe it would have been terrible. Because besides Lucifer, man could turn out to be another rival to God that made him and man might be worse than Satan in wickedness. But God loves man so much that he had to prevent that from happening.

Well Done!!!!

(1) (Reply)

After Confessing In The Church, Do Born-again Criminals Report Themselves to the Police? / Message From God The Father And The Lord Jesus Christ / Life Does Not End Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.